• Mount
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they were FOOLS to not buy a WC CB this summer

that is a team that is trying to win EVERYTHING

and they go in with THAT set of CB's???????

roflmaoooooooo

I said as soon as Laporte went down they were fucked

They were unlucky though. Imagine pool lost both Van djik and Matip for long term they will suffer. 

15 minutes ago, Hutcho said:
18 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:
Hi guys, couldnt watch the game, but im delighted with the win and scoreline, how did we play?

Great. Should have scored more if anything. Bad couple of moments at the back and we were rightly punished but wasn't as nervy of a win as before. Good to win before the international break, let's hope united get waxed

cheers mate, thanks for the update ;) 

Saw the good and the bad from both Zouma and Tomori. They both win everything that comes near them in the air bit are nervy a lot of the time with the bal at their feet. They have to learn when the time is right to play with it. When teams press like Southampton did today, just boot it or play it safe. 

I clench and wince every time one of them gets the ball played back to them and there's a player pressing them. Tomori almost got caught a few times today in that way.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Saw the good and the bad from both Zouma and Tomori. They both win everything that comes near them in the air bit are nervy a lot of the time with the bal at their feet. They have to learn when the time is right to play with it. When teams press like Southampton did today, just boot it or play it safe. 

I clench and wince every time one of them gets the ball played back to them and there's a player pressing them. Tomori almost got caught a few times today in that way.

I think the real deal would be combining Tomori, Rüdiger and Christensen, adapting the opponent. Zouma is too shaky, he should be a carabao-cup and Sheffield-guy.

27 minutes ago, communicate said:

They were unlucky though. Imagine pool lost both Van djik and Matip for long term they will suffer. 

yes, but even with a healthy Laporte that is not a truly WC CB group, and Shitty go 2 deep in terms of WC or near that in almost every position

they spend a club record on a top 4 or so in the world RB and then barely play him, lolol

it isnt like I was not saying this before the summer window even opened

Willian for me by a mile. If that was his debut people would be saying better than Messi. His tracking back, his sublime play for the second, constant breaking up of their moves. So easy to take him for granted.

Willian was fantastic but he didn't score a hattrick and created 5 chances so I won't compare him to messi [emoji6][emoji6] just yet