test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Southampton 1-4 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   19 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Tomori
    • Zouma
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Jorginho
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

369 posts in this topic

Scrappy game, scrappy performance but again, super clinical with the chances. Up to 5th, have a healthy looking GD (+4) and just 2 points behind Man City. :ph34r:

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

2 PL and zero CL (assuming they will not win it) in four seasons is not good enough for the squad they have and money they spent. 

LIke fuck it is mate.......for the outlay they have not been super duper as they say

Just now, Vesper said:

they were FOOLS to not buy a WC CB this summer

that is a team that is trying to win EVERYTHING

and they go in with THAT set of CB's???????

roflmaoooooooo

I said as soon as Laporte went down they were fucked

Yeah I remember you mentioned that.......maybe the case is holding them back? THem and psg have buckled up a bit, albeit spending ridiculous amounts prior

Muzchap likes this

Motm is pretty obvious Willian or Alonso.

Btw this game showed pretty much our team. We have young CB pairing. Zouma on the ball is atrocious, Tomori is still a raw CB. We have two small dm, we need to sign a big dm next season, this is not negotiable. If Alonso win most of his battle on the ground he is the best lb in the world. 

Mount is absolute monster as a finisher. CHO run off the ball was outstanding, he just need to get sharper.

Willian who everyone hate showed why at his role he is one of the best player in the world. Willian ability to beat player and keep the ball was brilliant. Rarely you see Willian lose the ball when he dribble. 

Tammy can score but he need to get fitter. One last thing, Pulisic with another assist. I have said it again and again. Right now if you want to get the best out of Puli play him on the left and high. At final third he is pretty good. 

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they were FOOLS to not buy a WC CB this summer

that is a team that is trying to win EVERYTHING

and they go in with THAT set of CB's???????

roflmaoooooooo

I said as soon as Laporte went down they were fucked

They were unlucky though. Imagine pool lost both Van djik and Matip for long term they will suffer. 

Johnnyeye, Vesper and Muzchap like this

15 minutes ago, Hutcho said:
18 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:
Hi guys, couldnt watch the game, but im delighted with the win and scoreline, how did we play?

Great. Should have scored more if anything. Bad couple of moments at the back and we were rightly punished but wasn't as nervy of a win as before. Good to win before the international break, let's hope united get waxed

cheers mate, thanks for the update ;) 

Atomiswave likes this

1 minute ago, Johnnyeye said:

i tought it was just me for a moment 😓

Not sure what happened. Same issue when I loaded up the site on mobile and tablet. 

Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

Saw the good and the bad from both Zouma and Tomori. They both win everything that comes near them in the air bit are nervy a lot of the time with the bal at their feet. They have to learn when the time is right to play with it. When teams press like Southampton did today, just boot it or play it safe. 

I clench and wince every time one of them gets the ball played back to them and there's a player pressing them. Tomori almost got caught a few times today in that way.

Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Saw the good and the bad from both Zouma and Tomori. They both win everything that comes near them in the air bit are nervy a lot of the time with the bal at their feet. They have to learn when the time is right to play with it. When teams press like Southampton did today, just boot it or play it safe. 

I clench and wince every time one of them gets the ball played back to them and there's a player pressing them. Tomori almost got caught a few times today in that way.

I think the real deal would be combining Tomori, Rüdiger and Christensen, adapting the opponent. Zouma is too shaky, he should be a carabao-cup and Sheffield-guy.

Johnnyeye, Muzchap and Atomiswave like this