• Kante
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

I agree. Like everything has more value this season. I'm celebrating wins much more than last couple of seasons. 

I cant agree more. I have started watching more games than I did over the past few years. I want to watch each game.

#excitingtimes

I agree. Like everything has more value this season. I'm celebrating wins much more than last couple of seasons. 
Exactly this. Maybe expectations are lower this season but this team should only improve and with all this academy talent and Frank it just feels better. Win lose or draw!

3 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

To be honest we should be beating Ajax home and away. 

IF we were 100% healthy (RLC not in this mix as he is still out for a while)

Rudiger settled in with Tomori or AC

and IF we had this bloody free kick defence sorted

then probably

but all that is not a given at this point

and Ajax are still a scorpion with a sting in the tail

even with de Ligt and de Jong leaving

I do like how natural we look playing out from the back and it was (alongside RLC development) the best thing Sarri did for us. Yes with such a high risk strategy we will occasionally cock up like Kepa did late on (and made amends) but in general we look very natural at it, compared to Arsenal for example who look lost at sea when playing out.

Just now, LAM09 said:

First part is right; we should be winning all our home games.

Putting Lampard's first CL game aside.

Yeah well, I don't think we can take anything for granted these days. We make any supposedly easy game look like the hardest one in the world. 

3 minutes ago, Stats said:

Zouma done well. Especially when you consider the amount of flack our own fans have been given him. Won majority of his aerial duels and also put in an excellent slide tackle.

he still is a heart-stopper with his passing

its like rolling the dice in a Tower Hamlets dodgy club

sooner or later you are going get stuck

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I do like how natural we look playing out from the back and it was (alongside RLC development) the best thing Sarri did for us. Yes with such a high risk strategy we will occasionally cock up like Kepa did late on (and made amends) but in general we look very natural at it, compared to Arsenal for example who look lost at sea when playing out.

that makes sense, save for the fact that none of our 3 CB's were CB's with Sarri (Azpi) or not even on the team then (Tomori and Zouma)

Yeah well, I don't think we can take anything for granted these days. We make any supposedly easy game look like the hardest one in the world. 
Slight changes would do wonders. Man marking and we aren't sweating till the 80+ min.

Lampard needs to adapt

LGood team performance. Away nights in CL are always tough no matter who you are playing. And this win for the young lads is something massive.

Kepa - 10, what a performanxe. Couple of good saves and those positional saves at the end were just Immense. Motm for me. 

Tomori - 7, well he was a 9 for me until the 80th minute. The last 10 were nightmarish. Still got to say, brilliant from the lad. With kids, there will be mistakes, today it did not cost us, tomorrow it might, does not change the fact that he has been outstanding so far.

Zouma - 8, thought it was a weird selection playing zouma in the sweeper role. That is tailor made for Andreas. Perhaps he is not fully fit since the pool injury and lamps did not want to risk. Never the less solid performance. Important to see how much his on the ball game is improving. Definitely put in the hard work in training.

Azpi - 8, good solid performance. 

Alonso -6, got into some really good positions but its so irritating to see him pull the ball back in his typical weird fashion rather than cross it in. Defensively a decent game, but given that he is majorly played as an offensive threat, and the time and space he is normally offered there is literally no end product. 

Reece - 6, started so poorly. The first 30 minutes, really had a stinker. I am a fan, so was very excited seeing him but I can understand why. Still, a big night. And most importantly improved after the yellow. His crosses were gems. I have no doubt he will have 10 times a better night than today.

Kante - 9,brilliant as always. Interesting to see how much his offensive play has improved.

Jorginho - 7, solid. Not as good as Brighton but still a good performance. 

Mount - 7, you could instantly see how much more of a threat he becomes when he plays as a 10. That touch and turn towards the end was beautiful. Sad that he could not get a good shot. Should have scored. Industrious as always, and with CHO coming back, I hope we play 4-2-3-1 with mount central. 

Willian - 7, as usual surprised to see the OTT comments from people on here, but what else is new. Had a good solid game and got the winner. Should shut up the haters for a while I hope.

Tammy - 8, brilliant link up play, brilliant hold up play, brilliantly taken Goal. What more do u want from a striker. Absolute gem.

CHo - 8, we all knew his talent. Now we can see it. Should start this weekend. Will be a phenom. 

Pedro - 4, let Renato run into dangerous area, gave the ball away every time he touched. 

Lampard - we all knew lille's strengths. Good way to counter it with 3-4-3, pro-actively changing to 4-2-3-1 for the win and then a 4-3-3 to shut up shop. Only issue I have is when both of our mids are way up the field when playing a pivot. Atleast one has to be behind the ball. Needs to be addressed as I feel going forward 4-2-3-1 is our best formation.

Lastly, to end on a negative note. What the fuck is going on with set pieces. Why are we so so poor at both the ends. Seriously needs sorting. Even if it means dropping the zonal as it's clearly not working.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

that makes sense, save for the fact that none of our 3 CB's were CB's with Sarri (Azpi) or not even on the team then (Tomori and Zouma)

It's more than just who the defenders are but the whole positioning of the team. There seems to be a lot of options and avenues for our players to exploit playing out to the point not even Zouma is being totally exposed in that area.