• Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Papers over the cracks a bit. Brighton don’t hit the post after the immense pressure they built, don’t think we would’ve got the 3 points. 

Something to build on I suppose. James needs to be starting soon. Clubs continue to exploit our right side 

Great result today. I thought the performance was measured, controlled and professional by and large which is a big plus because you can't go and outscore teams all the time without clean sheets.

Get a string of results and build some momentum and I think top 4 could be extremely attainable this season.

Set pieces are still a concern because that was Brighton's only way into the game today.

1 minute ago, Costa19 said:

Why should i? Dont tell me you sat silent the whole game only to quote me after Willian scored what will be an own goal? 

Small-minded person haha :D

Atleast I was not moaning like a bitch and criticizing before a ball was played. 

Willian scored an own goal, but we fully deserved the win. Like we probably did against pool too. So now please go and find someone else to moan. Surely you would not be able to do the thing you love here today.

Don't get too excited. Brighton have scored 1 goal in 5 matches.

Who are we playing next?

Oh and if you criticised Willian you obviously support Accrington Stanley (I'd love to take blame for that one, but I thought he was good today).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Florentino from Benfica would be a superb buy, but he will be £90m to £110m. 

That's too much given we usually play with Jorginho as no. 6. The dm would just need to be a backup. I actually think any midfield three that does not feature Barkley is fine.

Is there not a promising DM in the youth/dev squad?

Btw Tomori clearly MOTM today. What a rock. Seldom seen such an explosive CB. Restricted them to 2 chances. One of which was again a poorly defended corner and we got lucky, still aint got that down pat.

Defensively this was our best performance of the season albeit vs a team that has only once scored in their last 5 games.

Offensively, Pedro (unforgivably) and Tammy (still learning) each missed a hattrick of the easiest chances imaginable. Alonso and Barkley with another 100% miss each so this makes it 8 chances from which we surely should have scored. The goals we actually scored were rather accidental at that. Finishing besides set-piece defending still our biggest issue. Azpi on the other hand was fine at once.

Next up Lille in CL. Should be doable. Lille and Amsterdam are actually so close, they hardly count as away games.

Please - let's not fight against each other.

The last few years have been really tough and we all have scars...

Let's celebrate a win, an improvement from the team and potentially 6th place.

We are in great shape - on another day could have been 6 or 7 for us...

But we are playing well and creating without Hazard- nobody expected that at the start of the season 👍

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Jorginho MOTM for me

Tomori 2nd

Agree Jorginho was superb today. How he's playing under Lampard is ironically what I expected from him under Sarri.

Tomori is first choice now for me, he seems to be getting better every game.