• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

13 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Yeah I bet we can.....but without CL it will be harder to get them really quality ones, we most likely wont go for elite players anyway but my view still stand. CL will do us good I reckon.

Pepe was arguably the best player on the market last summer bar the Ajax pair.

The real top ones are more than likely out of reach no matter what. The only elite player there's even a 0.1% chance of ever attracting is Mbappe (from social media he appears to have a close friendship with Drogba and a few of our players so if Didier can get his charm offensive on you just never know but even with DD I imagine the answer would still be no), the rest we would have to pay China esque wages from them to even consider, CL or not.

Whoever emerges as next summer's Pepe I would still believe we have a very good chance of signing, CL or no.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

The real top ones are more than likely out of reach no matter what. The only elite player there's even a 0.1% chance of ever attracting is Mbappe (from social media he appears to have a close friendship with Drogba and a few of our players so if Didier can get his charm offensive on you just never know but even with DD I imagine the answer would still be no), the rest we would have to pay China esque wages from them to even consider, CL or not.

Whoever emerges as next summer's Pepe I would still believe we have a very good chance of signing, CL or no.

Lets hope so my man.....yeah would have liked Pepe here, especially since he is a Chels supporter if im not wrong.

On 08/09/2019 at 3:17 AM, the wes said:

Any news on rudiger and kante return ??

I think they will both start. Also Pedro and Kovacic. CHO and James are not ready yet unfortunately. Emerson is in doubt so get ready for watching Alonso and Azpilicueta as full backs. 

21 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think they will both start. Also Pedro and Kovacic. CHO and James are not ready yet unfortunately. Emerson is in doubt so get ready for watching Alonso and Azpilicueta as full backs. 

Ohh my lord Alonso......fuck me. I very much like to know how Marina came to the idea of giving him a new contract, I mean how is that possible? She never watches our games or what? She couldnt see how fucking slow and horrible he has become? I rather lose him for free than have him here on the bench and eat wages.

I've been watching different games than most here apparently. Because in last two home games we've totally dominated by mediocre opposition in the second halves. For me it does not matter too much who plays in CB (although experienced players may help in getting the team organized), if clumsy Zouma or nervy Tomoro, but we will leak goals eventually if we can’t keep possession and then lose every second ball in midfield and attack. There are a lot of spaces in between our lines, and that needs to be addressed by all 11 players on the pitch, not one or two.

I'm fairly certain frank sees the same, it's both obvious and a little embarrassing, but it is already difficult to make a team compact and focused with experienced players, let alone youngsters who are mostly new to this level of play. One of the most blatant differences from championship and PL sides, aside from technique, is physicality. Any physical advantages that our academy players may have had playing championship (and they did with their better preparation) is just nonexistent in the PL, esp against stronger opposition.

Still, we need to fix these gaps if we want to stabilize the team. I was hoping for a more pragmatic approach in the beginning of the season, but I am also very curious as to whether he will tweak his approach in these more challenging away matches. Can't imagine that our progressive style will do too well away from home in its current state.

A riddle about academy players: if you can acquire a youngster from a smaller club to replace a player you already have: they are the same age, position, and about the same level of play. Do you keep your player, or acquire the one from the smaller club? yes, it is a bit more nuanced than hat, but the answer makes sense and it is the opposite of what most fans would think or like. (The answer is above)

The XI I'd go with would be in case all the players apart from CHO and James are fit.

Mount-Abraham-Pedro

Kovacic-Jorginho-Kante

Emerson-AC-Rudiger-Azpi

Kepa

Bring on Pulisic second half for Kovacic (Mount dropping into midfield) if we still chasing a goal

On 9/1/2019 at 8:30 AM, kellzfresh said:

Espirito Santo is the manager we should have gotten, but it is what it is. We have to make do with our naive tactics of collapsing every second half to even relegation candidates at home for this season.

Let's hope we somehow scrape a win here..

meh, don't worry about the manager this season and I disagree with you (for once); you should be feeling abnormally hopeful with Chelsea IMO.

Maybe things won't go so well in the next couple years, but for once since about 2007, I personally feel more hopeful about Chelsea's future even if the current squad is young, we're banned on transfers and Frank is an inexperienced coach.

On 9/9/2019 at 11:55 PM, Tomo said:

Think their other Target, Everton Soares has the finishing. 

Yes, he's older (23), but fuck he has the finishing. Starts for brazil and scores every fucking game. Tite is going to move Neymar to the centre to give the left wing to everton. Short dribbling, pace, strength, and work rate. The thing holding him back is that his rights are owned by 3 parties. Gremio who wants 40m for 50% and then 2 more guys asking for a lot... so no, not cheap.

Arsenal were quoted saying it is a difficult deal.

20 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

The XI I'd go with would be in case all the players apart from CHO and James are fit.

Mount-Abraham-Pedro

Kovacic-Jorginho-Kante

Emerson-AC-Rudiger-Azpi

Kepa

Bring on Pulisic second half for Kovacic (Mount dropping into midfield) if we still chasing a goal

Mount can play as lw but clearly that is not his position. I think it is better to play Puli as lw.