• Willian
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Kepa's wrists, man. Kepa's wrists!

the 1-4 was taken down as a Tammy own goal which means that Kepa pushed the ball against tammy and it bounced into goal from there. So his issue wasnt the wrists but tammy not reacting quickly enough. Still Kepa should obviously be catching that weak header straight at him.

40 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Santo is being show to be the fraud he was at his other stops

so overrated based off some lucky games last year

They do have a dangerous squad though. Lots of potential; let's see if the manager can adapt to the Prem this season.

Seems like the striker from Milan was a steal. The guy looks like he fed well as a child and can run defenders over.

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

the 1-4 was taken down as a Tammy own goal which means that Kepa pushed the ball against tammy and it bounced into goal from there. So his issue wasnt the wrists but tammy not reacting quickly enough. Still Kepa should obviously be catching that weak header straight at him.

Kepa was probably distracted by Abraham's movement towards the ball, hence the error but yeah, he should still have saved that. 

31 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Ten years ago I'd be worried but this day in age as much as the romantics don't like to hear it an all round package as a goal keeper is required more than excellent shot stooping.

He's a similar level to Ederson but the Brazilian's weaknesses with "actual goalkeeping" are well hidden due to playing in arguably the best PL team in history, the better we get the less of an issue Kepa will become.

Don't really agree here. Ten years ago people were saying that ten years before that a shot stopper would be enough. Truth is a shot stopper has never been enough. Even before the advent of the footballing keeper, there were other facets to the game. The way I like to put it is that good shot stopping is, and always has been, an entry level requirement. Being good at it doesn't guarantee you'll make it in a Premier League squad; not being good at it guarantees that you won't.

I'm not anti Keppa. I just think that a different keeper between the sticks, and an extra £71m quid of quality outfielder running around would have served us better than the way we handled it.

6 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Don't really agree here. Ten years ago people were saying that ten years before that a shot stopper would be enough. Truth is a shot stopper has never been enough. Even before the advent of the footballing keeper, there were other facets to the game. The way I like to put it is that good shot stopping is, and always has been, an entry level requirement. Being good at it doesn't guarantee you'll make it in a Premier League squad; not being good at it guarantees that you won't.

I'm not anti Keppa. I just think that a different keeper between the sticks, and an extra £71m quid of quality outfielder running around would have served us better than the way we handled it.

the extra £20m we spent (I rated Kepa around £50m) was all on Marina and the board

they fucked up and lost £40m or so by not selling Cuntois when RM really wanted him, at which point we could have purchsed Alisson for far less  (in summer 2017)  than he went for the next year to the dippers

we met Oblak's  ,,,,,,,£92m release clause, but HE said NO

Alisson turned us down too in summer 2018

so seeing as now one by me liked Strakosha, Kepa it was

I think he is a great keepr who will only get better

he is FAR down the issue list atm

we also bollocksed up Bulka's contract situ

there is a shock

fuck the board

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Why is everyone asking for streams? You don't have games on telly? Here in Serbia we have all 10 PL games on TV every week on regular cable TV. 

No they broadcast the big teams (or games with some Belgians) and today choose for the Utd game

Some great attacking football and Abraham is well on its way to become top scorer of th PL (price ? can't find).
We conceded two but in the last 30 minutes both teams had ran out of steam really (it was alread 4-0 though).
Clearly Tomori's opening goal greatly influenced things. I just think we need more stamina against stronger opposition.