• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Barkley
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Alonso (sub)

Yes Lamps Chelsea legend blah blah but lose tomorrow and he's already under huge pressure. Forget the stature of the man he's now our manager and no one and I mean no one is above criticism. Let's be honest if Sarri had started off last season with a thrashing, an ok performance in a glorified friendly and a draw where we could have quite easily have been caned then he would have been vilified and again rightly so you take the job your getting handsomely paid the buck stops with you.

We all want Lamps to do well that's a given but lets not pussyfoot round the issue if things are not going well then negative posts or maybe questioning posts are a better way of putting it are equally as valid. It's to glib just to say he needs time transfer ban etc yes they don't help in fact there a fucking hindrance but I'm afraid sentiment means fuck all in modern football go down fighting yes that's what Chelsea are all about play like we did against Leicester in the second half as the song goes there may be trouble ahead.

Indeed, if we don't get 6/6 points from our next two fixtures I'll begin to seriously worry. And thats knowing before the season started that it would be a tough year. Getting outclassed against the other big boys is to be expected, but if we can't beat the likes of Norwhich and Sheff United...yikes.

Could go from a poor season in which we'd probably finish 5th/6th to a dreadful season where we finish 10th again.

It has to be all about maintaining our energy and desire that we blitzed Leicester with initially. Then there's no way Norwich can live with us. But if we gift them a few chances and concede early things can spiral with our mentally weak lot.

Anyways, glad we're the early kickoff tomorrow so I don't have to wait around all fucking morning watching all our rivals win before we play.

Game in three hours. Should be bright and shiny in Carrow Road too

Remember that 3-1 win where Hazard broke away and squeezed a shot under the keeper. That would do nicely today

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Game in three hours. Should be bright and shiny in Carrow Road too

Remember that 3-1 win where Hazard broke away and squeezed a shot under the keeper. That would do nicely today

Who is gonna be our hazard today tho. O guess Willian will start cos Lamps alluded to Pedro being rested. But i could also see Mount on the wing again and would honestly prefer it. 

Kepa

Azpi Chris Zouma Emerson

Jorginho Kovacic

Mount Barkley Pulisic

Giroud

Is what I expect. Makes you realize how we have regressed....that is one bang average lineup. Not a single world class player bar maybe Kepa...how the mighty have fallen

45 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Who is gonna be our hazard today tho. O guess Willian will start cos Lamps alluded to Pedro being rested. But i could also see Mount on the wing again and would honestly prefer it. 

Kepa

Azpi Chris Zouma Emerson

Jorginho Kovacic

objectively good playersMount Barkley Pulisic

Giroud

Is what I expect. Makes you realize how we have regressed....that is one bang average lineup. Not a single world class player bar maybe Kepa...how the mighty have fallen

Given that we still miss Rudiger, James, RLC and of course Kante, that's exactly the squad i'd like to see. I'm fed up with Pedro and Willian (as i'm with Azpi too), they are both ojectively good players but they play for themselves and unless we had this kind of front striker, able to score alone (they must be 6 in the world), till we don't have players on the wings who can give the ball without touching it ten times or put it, accurately, in the box neither of our 3 front strikers 'll score many goals this season. Unlike Sarri did last season (but we had Hazard to make up the difference), we must play more for the front striker who 'll be choosen, especially if it's Giroud, he's by far the best of the three but he's also the more dependant because he needs the ball in the penalty area.

Yes Lamps Chelsea legend blah blah but lose tomorrow and he's already under huge pressure. Forget the stature of the man he's now our manager and no one and I mean no one is above criticism. Let's be honest if Sarri had started off last season with a thrashing, an ok performance in a glorified friendly and a draw where we could have quite easily have been caned then he would have been vilified and again rightly so you take the job your getting handsomely paid the buck stops with you.
We all want Lamps to do well that's a given but lets not pussyfoot round the issue if things are not going well then negative posts or maybe questioning posts are a better way of putting it are equally as valid. It's to glib just to say he needs time transfer ban etc yes they don't help in fact there a fucking hindrance but I'm afraid sentiment means fuck all in modern football go down fighting yes that's what Chelsea are all about play like we did against Leicester in the second half as the song goes there may be trouble ahead.
It was always gonna be a tough season regardless of manager. Anyone who thought anything else is being way too optimistic. You could have the best manager in the world you can't magic a replacement for hazard. United away Liverpool and Leicester. We are talking about a tiny sample size.

Fact is lampard is playing the youngsters and setting up for a better future by doing so and hopefully he's there to do it. And next year if we do struggle and finish 6th we'll have a full transfer window and a lot of high quality youth with experience at the top level.

Yeah we should beat Norwich etc and hopefully we do. But let's have 10/20 games to see how we perform and where we are. He's under huge pressure regardless of if we win or not. It's a high pressure job

13 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Looks good to me. Don't risk kante. And if you are gonna go tammy over giroud then this is the game to try it. His pace should be good against Norwich

KTBFFH!

Why do we still keep saying to "try" Tammy. He had plenty of time this season and in preseason and has never repaid any of this trust. Nothing we have seen from him so far warrants further starts.

Also absolutely baffled with pedro starting he must be knackeres even having not trained the full week.

The rest is dictated by the circumstamces.

I worry about the midfield makeup without Kante in there. Kovacic and Jorginho need to make sure they stay more solid as a partnership in the middle. We can't leave the gaps we left last week.

Have to be careful with the press today too, we don't want a situation like last week where we're out on our feet after 25 minutes again. it's bloody hot today!

I like having Bats and Giroud on the bench today. Circumstances (Kante out) have probably dictated that, but it gives an alternative option if we're still struggling with goals to possibly change things in the second half and put two fresh strikers on the pitch.