• Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Barkley
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Alonso (sub)

Rewatched the highlights.

The first Nowrich goal is 30% on Christensen who stand still when their player is running at him and then does not follow the off-the ball run and 70% on Barkley who does not get across Cannant or some meaningful contact in despite being the way bigger man. 

For tthe second goal I have to retract my prior verdict. This is again to 60% on Christensen who fails to play Pukki offside, Zouma had made the step to do so but then should have come across more quickly and somewhat disturb  pukki in the shot legally, so it is maybe 15% on him and 25% on Kepa being off his line. I am sure he would have kept it out just standing at the post with PUkki no angle to aim at. 

Christensen also lost the duel with godfrey when they hit the crossbar. 

Waiting for this lineup..we may lose but if it works out our team is set for years to come...

......................Kepa

Reece..Azpi..Zouma..Emerson

....................Kante

.........RLC.................Mount

Pulisic................................CHO

...................Abraham

4 hours ago, shrenshah said:

Waiting for this lineup..we may lose but if it works out our team is set for years to come...

We're done winning trophies most likely with this kind of team in years to follow.

15 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Norwich caused more danger to Liverpool than Arsenal did. Also United was strong only against us, but struggled vs Wolves and Palace. Spuds are strong indeed with plenty variety upfront, but looked very poor against city.

In what world exactly have Wolves and Everton better attack than Norwich though? Richarlison, Siggurdson, Jota and Jimenez have been incredibly poor so far.

Maybe you are pointing for the whole season, but I was clear when I said at this moment, not when this or that guy settles in. Or you are just throwing these teams because they have bigger star players than norwich. Everyone else is impressed how fluid canaries look in attack (super shit defence though). 

If we werent as inefficient, Id count Chelsea next to City, Pool and Norwich, then come spuds, arsenal and the rest of the league that hasnt been impressive at all yet.

I was speaking of the entire season

game over game is too unpredictable

bookmark this

and look who has more EPL goals scored at the end of the year

Norwich, or the teams I listed

I like my chances

a lot 

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

I was speaking of the entire season

game over game is too unpredictable

bookmark this

and look who has more EPL goals scored at the end of the year

Norwich, or the teams I listed

I like my chances

a lot 

That makes no sense because I said about their current state. We played against norwich yesterday and as of then, they had IMO 3rd most creative attack and we shut them down in second half. That was the whole point of my post, not how will Everton or whoever else that you mentioned improve in the next months.

18 hours ago, shrenshah said:

That just screams of trying to shoehorn Mount and RLC in like Sven did Lampard and Gerrard. If the system only allows one then we have to pick or rotate it's a simple as that.

Furthermore the average age of the attacking 5 is just too young, we need some experience to balance that out, especially in times of adversity.

17 minutes ago, Tomo said:

That just screams of trying to shoehorn Mount and RLC in like Sven did Lampard and Gerrard. If the system only allows one then we have to pick or rotate it's a simple as that.

Furthermore the average age of the attacking 5 is just too young, we need some experience to balance that out, especially in times of adversity.

Mount and RLC are completely differnet player with different strenghts and weaknesses. Lamps and Stevie were pretty similar in their style

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Mount and RLC are completely differnet player with different strenghts and weaknesses. Lamps and Stevie were pretty similar in their style

Maybe but they as it stands are competiting for 1 position. Moving Kante to sitting DM just to have both on at the same time just won't work.

Just now, Tomo said:

Maybe but they as it stands are competiting for 1 position. Moving Kante to sitting DM just to have both on at the same time just won't work.

RLC as a no. 10 will not work because he is not that good at it. He always was a no. 8 at youth level and he performed brilliant at Chelsea last season as a no. 8 under Sarri. As a no. 10, you waste his potential.

When Lamps wants to play 4-2-3-1, just let Kante and RLC be no. 8 in that position. If RLC does his Yaya Toure runs, Kante can back up, if Kante wants to go forward, RLC can cover his position depending on the whole situation. In the big games, I see Lamps playing a 4-3-3, so RLC and Mount can play together and Lamps already said that all mifielders will have freedom, so RLC, Mount and Kante can use all their strenghts. Lamps is not that position focused

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

RLC as a no. 10 will not work because he is not that good at it. He always was a no. 8 at youth level and he performed brilliant at Chelsea last season as a no. 8 under Sarri. As a no. 10, you waste his potential.

When Lamps wants to play 4-2-3-1, just let Kante and RLC be no. 8 in that position. If RLC does his Yaya Toure runs, Kante can back up, if Kante wants to go forward, RLC can cover his position depending on the whole situation. In the big games, I see Lamps playing a 4-3-3, so RLC and Mount can play together and Lamps already said that all mifielders will have freedom, so RLC, Mount and Kante can use all their strenghts. Lamps is not that position focused

While i agree that's probably the best way to use both that will also lead to more problem's defensively. I feel we will need better individual defenders before we can get away with doing that.

Just now, Tomo said:

While i agree that's probably the best way to use both that will also lead to more problem's defensively. I feel we will need better individual defenders before we can get away with doing that.

It is not like Kante does not do any defensive duties any more. He still does a lot and RLC is defensively solid too. He is a good tackler and he uses his body really well to start counter attacks after he wins a ball. I think it will be better having Kante and RLC play along side rather than Jorginho and Kante together. because RLC gives us a physical domination in midfield, which in big games can be a huge factor. Also, Mount is pretty solid at pressing and wins tackles too. I don´t think that we would lack in the defensive point of view having RLC-Mount-Kante.

But I agree. We need better defenders. I hope that Rüdiger gets to his best, but I also don´t think that he will be the solution. We need to spend big next transfer window on a world class defender

On 25/08/2019 at 2:43 AM, shrenshah said:

What no Rudi:(

On 25/08/2019 at 3:43 AM, shrenshah said:

Rudiger and AC are our two best CB's by a mile. Azpi is 30 in 2 days, and needs to be benched soon and is only a CB in a back 3. Zouma needs to be sold next summer. Kante turns 30 next season. Zero chance you can build around those 'for years to.come'. Tammy has to do it for a full season too in order for me to think he might be our solid number 9.

WTF is this Zouma hate? Sell him? Zouma has been really good since he`s shaky start against United! Zouma has been class fro Stoke and Everton last two seasons... Atleast people must understand how good is it to have him as backup!  Think about how lucky we are, we could have had David Luiz in our squad ;)  Shithead to have in the group when he`s not a starter, Lamps did the right thing :)  We need young positiv and energic players.

15 minutes ago, special Eden said:

WTF is this Zouma hate? Sell him? Zouma has been really good since he`s shaky start against United! Zouma has been class fro Stoke and Everton last two seasons... Atleast people must understand how good is it to have him as backup!  Think about how lucky we are, we could have had David Luiz in our squad ;)  Shithead to have in the group when he`s not a starter, Lamps did the right thing :)  We need young positiv and energic players.

He was really shaky against Norwich too. Until he shows me much more and shows it over the majority of the season, I remain unconvinced. Saying he is better than the ageing bobblehead Luiz is hardly a ringing endorsement. He is also not good enough on the ball for a progressive team like Lampard is trying to meld us into.

Just now, Vesper said:

He was really shaky against Norwich too. Until he shows me much more and shows it over the majority of the season, I remain unconvinced. Saying he is better than the ageing bobblehead Luiz is hardly a ringing endorsement. He is also not good enough on the ball for a progressive team like Lampard is trying to meld us into.

I must disagree, i think he`s performance was very good and also on the ball. Just like he was against Leicester when he was crossing som perfect long balls and had no mistakes on the ball.  Shaky?He`s feets looks like bambi on ice(haha) sometimes, but i havent seen a single mistake on the ball since UNited :P

Maybe hes not perfect on the ball, but u must choose a package... Zouma is fantastic in the air, 1v1s, duells and he`s got some speed.  Our defence will get in many counter attack situations when we are playing high press AND with Jorginho who too often leaves the danger room infront of our defence... I believe Kurt is a very good player too have in these situations!  Lets pray lamps sort out the distansce between the lines soon, cause Jorginho in this role will give opponents chances. 

2 minutes ago, special Eden said:

I must disagree, i think he`s performance was very good and also on the ball. Just like he was against Leicester when he was crossing som perfect long balls and had no mistakes on the ball.  Shaky?He`s feets looks like bambi on ice(haha) sometimes, but i havent seen a single mistake on the ball since UNited :P

Maybe hes not perfect on the ball, but u must choose a package... Zouma is fantastic in the air, 1v1s, duells and he`s got some speed.  Our defence will get in many counter attack situations when we are playing high press AND with Jorginho who too often leaves the danger room infront of our defence... I believe Kurt is a very good player too have in these situations!  Lets pray lamps sort out the distansce between the lines soon, cause Jorginho in this role will give opponents chances. 

we must have watched two different Norwich games

Chelsea player ratings: Tammy Abraham clinical but Kurt Zouma shaky at the back again

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9790375/chelsea-player-ratings-tammy-abraham-kurt-zouma/

KURT ZOUMA - 6

Could have done better for both Norwich goals – particularly the second one when he failed to track Pukki. Needs to improve as he looks shaky.

https://madaboutepl.net/2019/08/abraham-gets-9-chelsea-player-ratings-vs-norwich-city/

Kurt Zouma 6/10

He was troubled regularly, particularly by Pukki, in the first half. However, he imposed himself at the back after the interval and was more decisive.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/fixtures-results/chelsea-norwich-player-ratings-abraham-16810369

Kurt Zouma

So open at the back at times and didn't really enforce himself on the game. Second goal just too easy for Teemu Pukki to get past him.

Better in the second half with more control. Looked to cut out the counter more and was more authoritative in the last 45 minutes. 6

https://theprideoflondon.com/2019/08/26/chelsea-tactics-transfers-defence-bond-andreas-christensen-kurt-zouma/

This, though, appears to be the only place Chelsea have an issue. The defending has been too poor.

I have not seen a centre-back pairing that lacks a bond as much as Kurt Zouma and Andreas Christensen in a very long time. All great centre-back pairings are built of silk and steel, and meshed together seamlessly by a relationship. The best Chelsea example is John Terry and Ricardo Carvalho. Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini or Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic are other great examples.

Zouma is very obviously the steel and is still improving. Christensen, the silk, still looks a little too lightweight at times, but as always possesses truly immense potential. They must take more advantage of Antonio Rudiger’s time out injured to develop a relationship and improve the defence. At the moment, neither seems to have even a cursory knowledge of the other’s behaviour or positioning. Neither of Norwich’s goals would have been scored again an intelligently organised defence. 

snip

(In fairness that last article is more hopeful than I am)