• Mount
    • Pedro
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

23 minutes ago, milka said:

We deserve more from  Man Utd and Leicester .  

Good game poor strikers in CHELSEA AGAIN AND AGAIN .

New season same ''strikers'' in Chelsea .

Just can't agree with this. Against ManU we did some things well, though not well enough. We also did some things badly. Badly enough to concede four goals. As for Leicester, we got more than we deserved, not less.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Also, you could really easily pick out the players who were struggling after the Liverpool match. Emerson especially wasn't nearly as good today going forward. 

One posiitive I'll single out is Zouma. As poor as he is on the ball most of the time, his pure defending has been very good since the United match. Getting more and more confident.

And his long balls arent bad either. I was shocked after his Utd display, but he is getting to level where I said he is our best pure defender.

Also, you could really easily pick out the players who were struggling after the Liverpool match. Emerson especially wasn't nearly as good today going forward. 

One posiitive I'll single out is Zouma. As poor as he is on the ball most of the time, his pure defending has been very good since the United match. Getting more and more confident.

That decision to shoot from 40 yards out at the end was fucking pathetic! :rant:

Second division football.
Frenetic start then everything collapsed.
This was not a big six team, not even a premier team I 'm afraid.
I think what happened was this: Lampard does n't play man to man. This makes the team look fast when in possession, but when they lose the ball it's drama.
Then once the Leicester players caught drift of the system, they turned the tables on us. Leicester should have won.

Azpi, Pedro and Willian are may be individually very good players but they are the plague collectively ! Is anyone on this forum who remenber the last cross or the last ball coorectly given in the box by one of these three guys ?

23 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We defended much better today compared to against United. Christensen and Zouma did well when our midfield collapsed. 

Like United, we should of been out of sight before Leicester even got in the game. 

Yeah I agree with that, I think Zouma was good today actually.

One moment I'm just remembering that would have totally changed the game. If that Mount header goes in I feel we would've gone on to batter them. It would've demoralized them completely.

Fine margins.

Same with last week when we kept hitting the sodding post. 

16 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Its weird seeing so much pessimism here. We play well but we have trouble scoring. Its a problem that can be fixed.

Id be much more worried if we couldnt even create like last season.

Defending will be a bitch this season but thats something we will have to strenghten in summer. Our midfield and attack show plenty of promise though and if we sort that out, I think its going to be fine season.

Is it a problem that can be fixed? We saw the same thing under Sarri. Start off brilliantly but collapse after the slightest amount of pressure. 

Also, you bring up creating chances, yet the only real chances we create is from the result of forcing the opposition to make a mistake when we press them. Other than that, there is no creativity in this team. When our attackers and midfield tire, the chances dry up and the other team takes control. We saw it against United, Liverpool, and now today. I think it's wishful thinking to expect we will create chances out of nothing. There's a reason we saw little to no comebacks last season.

This is where I though bringing off Mount for Barkley would've paid off, as Barkley would've looked to create something. I'll give Tammy a few more games before we can safely say waiting for him to break his duck will hinder us even more. 

Jesus - I knew the reactions would be bad - but this?

It's a patched up squad giving playing time to our young players (which everyone has asked for since I joined TalkChelsea) and we are doing it - but people seem to expect Barcelonaesque performances and us to thrash every team?

Anybody who thought we would be challenging for top 4 is quite frankly an idiot. You need to have a look in the mirror and sort your fucking head out - proper delusional. Whilst you are there, why don't you also check for hairs on the palms of your hands.

The team are learning and Frank is learning - second by second, minute by minute. 

Our job as fans is to back the fucking team - not bitch and whine constantly.

I'm taking the positives.

- Mount looks good and can cut it

- Zouma seems to have upped his game

- We still have 3 big players to come back (Rudi/CHO/RLC).

Yes, Azpi looks slow, yes Willian looks slow and disinterested and Tammy hasn't had a great start- but what did we expect? We knew ALL of this? 

Just back the team and stop being so unreasonable and unrealistic- please!!!!