test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-1 Leicester

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   15 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Zouma
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Mount
    • Pedro
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

444 posts in this topic

Think zouma remains a problem, once again not for having a poor game, or making mistakes, but by being unable to work in a high press. And his positioning is also a bit disappointing considering his other shortcomings.

second half was as bad as it gets. Bullied, esp once giroud left, because then we lost all second balls and could not keep possession. Another 15 minutes and Leicester would’ve easily won the match.

lots of work to do and I’m worried by what I see from Lampard. I’m yet to see an improvement coming from the locker room. His subs rarely improve the team and are ill-timed.

3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Doesn't mince words here.

I'm glad that he acknowledges the problem and has admitted that we were absolute tosh in the 2nd half of the game.

First step towards fixing the problems.

I know we are a work in progress but only 3 games into the season and we are already talking about the same thing every game. Show positives, play well, create chances BUT we do not convert them and then concede because of stupid mistakes at the back (including pre-season, we have only one clean sheet in 10 games. ONE!). Lampard's sentiment is gonna wear thin if the same thing keeps on happening and especially if we don't start picking up results soon. 

communicate likes this

Yesterday we were outplayed, for the first time in years by a midtable team.
Against Utd we were unlucky, yesterday we were outplayed.

Johnnyeye and MONEYBALL like this

12 hours ago, Pizy said:

Also, you could really easily pick out the players who were struggling after the Liverpool match. Emerson especially wasn't nearly as good today going forward. 

One posiitive I'll single out is Zouma. As poor as he is on the ball most of the time, his pure defending has been very good since the United match. Getting more and more confident.

I thought Emerson was as poor as usual in the first half. Indeed it looked like we should shift LB from second priority in the transfer market, up to joint first. I thought he had a better second half however, even when everything around him had gone to pot. I don't say he was good, but I felt he was definitely better.

I think Lamps is trying to do away with the Sarri-Antonio-Mourinho slow build up system at the expense of position keeping and at the expense of leaving the defense exposed.
Not only that but his players got tired after 20-25 minutes of play and Leicester (!) dominated the game, inside Stamford bridge as well.
It was dismal,

Johnnyeye likes this

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

United away and Leicester at home... Funny thing is that in two previous seasons with Conte and Sarri we also took one point from these games so it's nothing new. 

Don't give facts - it confuses the narrative that we are doomed 😄😄😄

Simon Jordan is a cunt - he couldn't even keep hold of his missus... 

Back the team and fuck what the media says. We don't need their approval - never have, never will. 

Geezer got on at Earls Court yesterday middle aged, bald and wearing glasses he also had the full home kit on that's just wrong on so many levels. People weren't laughing at him everyone just sort of bemused how anyone of his age thinks that's an acceptable way to dress. Full kit wanker it's known as fine if your eight not when you're 48 !

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

United away and Leicester at home... Funny thing is that in two previous seasons with Conte and Sarri we also took one point from these games so it's nothing new. 

I personally don't care too much about the result sbut defensively it is a bit concerning. It has been the case since pre season. 3 games similar story. 3 good 1st half, 3 bad 2nd half. The problem when we lose control of the game, we were just sitting duck 

Johnnyeye likes this

We all know this is an experimental season.
But are we really so bad ?

We definitely need width, cant wait to see how we play with Pulisic and CHO on the wings. i would like to see this lineup soon: 

Kepa

Azpi    Rudi    A.C    Emerson

Kante     Kovacic/Jorginho

Pulisic      Mount/RLC      CHO

Tammy/Giroud

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Seriously can't stand pundits or journalists saying "Lampard has got the toughest job in the world" or "Result X shows the task Lampard is facing at Chelsea" or something along those lines like Lampard and us are some sort of idiots who aren't aware of the situation. Yes, we are a big club who should be winning every week, targeting the major trophies but we're in a hole right now. These pundits/journalists need to realize/accept our current situation rather than saying we should be achieving this and that in a situation that doesn't allow or guarantee us to do that right now. 

Johnnyeye likes this

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Seriously can't stand pundits or journalists saying "Lampard has got the toughest job in the world" or "Result X shows the task Lampard is facing at Chelsea" or something along those lines like Lampard and us are some sort of idiots who aren't aware of the situation. Yes, we are a big club who should be winning every week, targeting the major trophies but we're in a hole right now. These pundits/journalists need to realize/accept our current situation rather than saying we should be achieving this and that in a situation that doesn't allow or guarantee us to do that right now. 

Its a mantra we have on us....aint going away any time soon. Amazing or horrible, we have it up the arse from all sides.

Johnnyeye likes this

8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

And that’s with Hazard 

I didn't see this match, what I can say is that the schedule wasn't friendly with us 

now the most important thing is to not lose confidence in Lampard's work  

Just now, Antonio8 said:

I didn't see this match, what I can say is that the schedule wasn't friendly with us 

now the most important thing is to not lose confidence in Lampard's work  

If we talk about work and yesterday's work was mine, it would lie in the dustbin now.
Happens to me from time to time mind you.

I think the second half demonstrated exactly why Sarri went down the cautious possession route last season after Arsenal at home, it wasn't pretty but we don't have the individual talent defensively to cope with counters after committing the runs in behind.

However i would still want us to play that way vs non top six sides, risky but most teams don't have the quality and decision making to pick us off, even yesterday Leicester counters were constantly being broken down by bad decision making by Maddison and Vardy and those two are as good as it gets outside the top 6.

Big games though has to be the same blueprint we faced Liverpool.

cosmicway and Johnnyeye like this

6 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

If we talk about work and yesterday's work was mine, it would lie in the dustbin now.
Happens to me from time to time mind you.

sorry for my english, but I don't understand 

1 minute ago, Antonio8 said:

sorry for my english, but I don't understand 

I mean you write something.
It's nonsense.
You tear it up.
That was yesterday's Chelsea performence.