• Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Mount (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Tomori (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

Just now, LAM09 said:
Just now, Jason said:

Third point is clearly down to interpretation, then. Could easily have gone against us IMO.

Pretty sure it's because Christensen was too close to the ball. If he had been few yards further away and it hit his hand, then I think the ref would have given the penalty.

Only in some leagues. Intention still matters in others. Presenters in multiple games were talking about this. I have no idea what rule this game is being run under TBH. VAR looked at it as well and said no pen.
Makes everything a complete farce tbh. I remember hearing the Prem have their own interpretation of rules, which is beyond stupid.

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

That was not a penalty for sure. All three subs from Sunday are so beneficial for us. Pulisic, Giroud, Kante. Add Rudiger, James, CHO and RLC and sky is the limit for this team. 

we should keep our feet on the ground. it has been one good half just as it just has been one bad one before.

Firmino coming in as predicted. will give us new problems but will also give us more opportunities on the counter.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Only in some leagues. Intention still matters in others. Presenters in multiple games were talking about this. I have no idea what rule this game is being run under TBH. VAR looked at it as well and said no pen.

First, I have to be clear that I have not read the laws myself and so don't know what they actually say currently. I used to be a referee many years ago but I read other things for fun these days. That said, the laws of football are universal. They are the same on hackney marshes as they are in the Maracana. They cannot be different from country to country.

Only where the situation is purely a matter of judgement for the referee can there be different interpretations from league to league. For example, premier League referees have the reputation for allowing more physical challenge van is allowed by The continental counterparts. Whether it's a foul or not is a matter of opinion but whether the ball hit a players hand is not. perhaps the officials don't see it as they should but if they do see it they must follow the guidance of the law.