test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Summer Transfer Targets

Started by Tomo,

185 posts in this topic
8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Can that Mikel Oyarzabal lad play RW? Would love an inverted RW. 

 

City was linked to him. I can see them going for him because they need someone to replace Sane for that fourth choice winger position after he leaves for Bayern. 

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Can that Mikel Oyarzabal lad play RW? Would love an inverted RW. 

 

he plays both wings

5e7e5700b568249d41efc2cb078fc93d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/09/2019 at 5:37 PM, MoroccanBlue said:

How can we be so sure Mbappe will be effective as a #9?

because he played a lot of CF for PSG there and dominated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

City was linked to him. I can see them going for him because they need someone to replace Sane for that fourth choice winger position after he leaves for Bayern. 

I still say they go for Sancho, especially to block us, Manure, and Victimpool (I cant see spuds or arse tossing out that type of quid)

there were 4 wingers (not named Mbappe) who I so rated

One, (Pepe), is off the table

that leaves 

Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)

Mikel Oyarzabal (Real Sociedad)                         

Federico Chiesa (Fiorentina) 

all 3 can play either wing

IF we do lose CHO or he is a not playing well and we do NOT land at least one of those 3, I am going to go bonkers (Oyarzabal and Chiesa would be monsters under Lamps, toss in Kingsley Coman as part of a CHO deal, and then keep Pulisic, we are set at winger for ages, 4 wingers, all can play either side)

 

I would add just below those

Vinícius Júnior (Real Madrid)        

Richarlison (Everton)

Ousmane Dembélé (Barelona) <<<<<< ONLY if he unfucks himself, he is turning into a nightmare attitude wise

Rodrygo (Real Madrid)

Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)

Anthony Martial (Manure) <<<< they will never sell atm, we so fucked up by not tossing in an extra £10m to grease that Willian for him swap

Kingsley Coman (Bayern) <<<<< IF we do sell CHO to them, I would demand he is part of the deal

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't read every post on here but we are jumping the gun no doubt about it. There is absolutely no guarantee that next summer we're going to go on a massive spending spree a la 2003. I'm not saying there won't be money to spend but finish finish top 4 a few new players yes but out of Europe completely then we become a less attractive proposition. Starting a thread about who we are going to buy before a ball had been kicked is a bit hard to fathom when you don't know how the players are going to perform. Starting a thread in January would have probably been a better time.

Besides Lampard might be terrible in the market and buy complete duds. There is a touch of the fantasy football / FIFA about this thread it's pure speculation and guesswork but come next summer there will be many unhappy with who we buy or don't buy that's a given.

shrenshah likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since this is a fantasy football thread

I'd say we go n buy mbappe, havertz, telles, de ligt (hope he doesnt settle at juve)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's pretend the guy who wrote this knows what he is doing and these are our targets. 

These five players would definitely improve our team massively. But it matters who we drop for them. Most likely something like this:

Willian-Sancho 

Pedro-Neres

Giroud, Michy-Dembele 

Zouma-Ake 

Alonso-Chilwel

Sancho and Chilwell would cost together around 200m pounds. Neres and Ake 40m each and Dembele probably 70,80m. So around 350m I think we could do this. My only issue is we would still lack top world class CB which should be number one priority. So if possible I would rather go with Warner instead Dembele. It would save us 40+millions and we would be able to go for someone like Romagnoli instead of Ake. And looks like everyone agrees we don't need new midfielder? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I haven't read every post on here but we are jumping the gun no doubt about it. There is absolutely no guarantee that next summer we're going to go on a massive spending spree a la 2003. I'm not saying there won't be money to spend but finish finish top 4 a few new players yes but out of Europe completely then we become a less attractive proposition. Starting a thread about who we are going to buy before a ball had been kicked is a bit hard to fathom when you don't know how the players are going to perform. Starting a thread in January would have probably been a better time.

Besides Lampard might be terrible in the market and buy complete duds. There is a touch of the fantasy football / FIFA about this thread it's pure speculation and guesswork but come next summer there will be many unhappy with who we buy or don't buy that's a given.

I don't really see the issue with doing it on a football forum, i have experience in running a football club (all be it very low down on the pyramid) so i am more aware than anyone that it's not going to be as straightforward as getting all the number 1 targets in by July 1st. Also given we are in the early stages of (hopefully) building another title and CL challenging side discussion of how and where we can improve is natural and inevitable.

It's not really any different to posting lineups in the pre match thread that's unlikely to be reciprocated by the manager's selection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Let's pretend the guy who wrote this knows what he is doing and these are our targets. 

These five players would definitely improve our team massively. But it matters who we drop for them. Most likely something like this:

Willian-Sancho 

Pedro-Neres

Giroud, Michy-Dembele 

Zouma-Ake 

Alonso-Chilwel

Sancho and Chilwell would cost together around 200m pounds. Neres and Ake 40m each and Dembele probably 70,80m. So around 350m I think we could do this. My only issue is we would still lack top world class CB which should be number one priority. So if possible I would rather go with Warner instead Dembele. It would save us 40+millions and we would be able to go for someone like Romagnoli instead of Ake. And looks like everyone agrees we don't need new midfielder? 

 

What's his record like reliability wise?

If this hypothetically comes to fruition i'd be delighted with Sancho and Dembele (initially wanted more experience on the wing but have strongly come round to Jadon now), content with Chilwell, mixed with Ake but not happy with Neres.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tomo said:

What's his record like reliability wise?

If this hypothetically comes to fruition i'd be delighted with Sancho and Dembele (initially wanted more experience on the wing but have strongly come round to Jadon now), content with Chilwell, mixed with Ake but not happy with Neres.

I don't know how reliable this guy is. 

Well I'm OK with Neres being fourth choice winger. Definitely not a starter with Pulisic, CHO and Sancho around. Like I said my biggest concern is CB. We absolutely need top, top central defender which Ake isn't. 

Also Thomas Meunier contract expires next summer with PSG. Very good right back for free. Upgrade on Azpi who should be sold. Meunier and James would be nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I don't know how reliable this guy is. 

Well I'm OK with Neres being fourth choice winger. Definitely not a starter with Pulisic, CHO and Sancho around. Like I said my biggest concern is CB. We absolutely need top, top central defender which Ake isn't. 

Also Thomas Meunier contract expires next summer with PSG. Very good right back for free. Upgrade on Azpi who should be sold. Meunier and James would be nice. 

Neres would still cost a lot and we need to look at depth from within, we should keep Pedro for the 4th choice rotation winger for aslong as he's happy and capable playing such role. He may not be his prime self anymore or even close but he's won everything there is to win and was part of the greatest club side ever, that type of experience and know-how is invaluable to young wingers still very much learning the trade. If he decides he would rather play reguarly elsewhere then we have enough versatility with Mount, Loftus and even Emerson to play on the wings if we get to stricken or we could change to a diamond until they return.

I disagree with Azpi for now atleast. I want to see if his performances improve playing more sparingly and if they do (and like Pedro is happy playing more bit part) I see no reason as to why we should get rid of him. Should James become an undisputed starter by next summer (which I think he will) we will be hard pressed finding any fullback of any real note that will sign just to play back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tomo said:

It's not really any different to posting lineups in the pre match thread that's unlikely to be reciprocated by the manager's selection.

Of course it's different if I predict next week's starting line up against Wolves chances are I could be 100% right unless I said Willian and Kante to play at centre back. Having a christmas shopping list for next season is fantasy football there's no middle ground. We don't know where we're going to finish, who's going to have a poor season and with our revolving door when it comes to managers who's going to be in charge.

Unfortunately our days at the top table are over hopefully we might back but have a poor season and players of the calibre of Mbappe wouldn't even consider us. The days of marquee signings are over fans had better get used to it and let's not forget is Roman if things stay the same going to spend money hand over fist on players he's hardly ever going to see in the flesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally don't think they'll be looking for a left full back, maybe a back up one should Alonso decide he wants out. Emerson has established himself a regular for both club and country, think the only way for him is forward and will improve a lot given he also seems to have the gaffer's trust as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Of course it's different if I predict next week's starting line up against Wolves chances are I could be 100% right unless I said Willian and Kante to play at centre back. Having a christmas shopping list for next season is fantasy football there's no middle ground. We don't know where we're going to finish, who's going to have a poor season and with our revolving door when it comes to managers who's going to be in charge.

Unfortunately our days at the top table are over hopefully we might back but have a poor season and players of the calibre of Mbappe wouldn't even consider us. The days of marquee signings are over fans had better get used to it and let's not forget is Roman if things stay the same going to spend money hand over fist on players he's hardly ever going to see in the flesh.

Did we even get that calibre of player back in the day? Ronaldinho for example didn't go near us and Sheva was past his prime.

Also no CL won't really mean doom in terms of attracting players, if Arsenal without even a title challenge for a decade and a half alongside Europa for the 3rd succesive year can attract Nicolas Pepe (probably the best attainable player on the market summer just gone bar the Ajax pair) I'm sure we can get some quality in, after all, all our three current CM's (one of which the best at what he does) gave up CL football to join us while out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

I personally don't think they'll be looking for a left full back, maybe a back up one should Alonso decide he wants out. Emerson has established himself a regular for both club and country, think the only way for him is forward and will improve a lot given he also seems to have the gaffer's trust as well. 

The way he's surprised me is defensively, it's like he's learned how to defend almost overnight (i remember as recently as Fulham away in March i was truly horrified at his defending) however i'm unconvinced he gives us enough going forward, he can get in dangerous positions at will but never really causes any damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Did we even get that calibre of player back in the day? Ronaldinho for example didn't go near us and Sheva was past his prime.

Also no CL won't really mean doom in terms of attracting players, if Arsenal without even a title challenge for a decade and a half alongside Europa for the 3rd succesive year can attract Nicolas Pepe (probably the best attainable player on the market summer just gone bar the Ajax pair) I'm sure we can get some quality in, after all, all our three current CM's (one of which the best at what he does) gave up CL football to join us while out of it.

No one knew Sheva was past  it you can't deny that wasn't a massive signing. The point is who you want us to buy and who we get are two different things entirely. And running a pub team or even a non league team has no bearing at all it's like comparing running a corner shop to running Harrods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

No one knew Sheva was past  it

Not true. I certainly did and said so. I did also say however that if this was the price (signing a player who couldn't help us) we had to pay for having Roman, then I was happy to pay it. I remember someone replying to disagree with me by giving a lot of stats. I said that, having watched Sheva at the world cup that summer, I preferred the evidence of my own eyes. The other person responded to that with yet more stats.

I think both you and @Tomo make valid points. I agree with you that who you want and who you can get are not the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest 'unknown' for me is just how well these young players develop and flourish this season.

If Reece James comes back from injury and slots into right back seamlessly then that it one position we no longer need to prioritise.

If Tammy scores 20+ goals this season and continues to improve his all round game throughout the season we may go from desperately needing to find a goalscorer to instead finding another striker to complement him.

Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Mount and RLC are all talented enough to lock down spots in the attacking positions of the team. Does that mean that we retain the likes of Willian and Pedro for another season as their backup or we can perhaps take a little risk with more of a 'project' buy in that position who can be given the time to settle in as opposed to a star signing.

One of the defenders also may strike up an excellent partnership with Rudiger which continues to improve throughout the season. At the moment I believe Tomori, Christensen and Zouma are all very good, solid squad players but none are at the level yet where they're quite regular first teamer at the highest level. However if one makes that step up through the season and Rudiger takes up the mantle of leading that defence then in 8 months time we may all be looking completely differently at this area of the pitch.

At the moment, there are big gaps to fill in the squad but there is every chance that a number of those can be filled by these players as the season progresses. RLC in particular showed last season just how quickly players can develop and kick on rapidly and whilst this season may not amount to a successful one in regards to trophies and league position, it could be one of the more important seasons in recent years for laying the groundwork for future successes with a new core of players.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The biggest 'unknown' for me is just how well these young players develop and flourish this season.

If Reece James comes back from injury and slots into right back seamlessly then that it one position we no longer need to prioritise.

If Tammy scores 20+ goals this season and continues to improve his all round game throughout the season we may go from desperately needing to find a goalscorer to instead finding another striker to complement him.

Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Mount and RLC are all talented enough to lock down spots in the attacking positions of the team. Does that mean that we retain the likes of Willian and Pedro for another season as their backup or we can perhaps take a little risk with more of a 'project' buy in that position who can be given the time to settle in as opposed to a star signing.

One of the defenders also may strike up an excellent partnership with Rudiger which continues to improve throughout the season. At the moment I believe Tomori, Christensen and Zouma are all very good, solid squad players but none are at the level yet where they're quite regular first teamer at the highest level. However if one makes that step up through the season and Rudiger takes up the mantle of leading that defence then in 8 months time we may all be looking completely differently at this area of the pitch.

At the moment, there are big gaps to fill in the squad but there is every chance that a number of those can be filled by these players as the season progresses. RLC in particular showed last season just how quickly players can develop and kick on rapidly and whilst this season may not amount to a successful one in regards to trophies and league position, it could be one of the more important seasons in recent years for laying the groundwork for future successes with a new core of players.

I think in many cases investment is required regardless. Striker especially, even if Tammy hits over 20 we will still need another striker as the alternative would be Tammy going down/losing form away from being back in the shit again. Ultimately to compete long term we need serious depth, either through a 'B team' that in itself is top 6/8 quality or a solid 6-8 players that can play in multiple positions.

Robchels and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.