test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Chelsea Transfer Pub

Started by Tomo,

10,843 posts in this topic
4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Rotation is good, but give me Pool undisputed front 3 over Peps rotational play where no player knows his role bar maybe Sterling, Laporte and Ederson.

So if we are going to rotate like crazy, nothing good will come out of it. That just fucks up entire mentality in big games. 

Mount will be seen as quality alternative, but thats it. Alternative. Not a first choice week in week out player.

Liverpool are a major exception to the rule and even then they will eventually pay for not refreshing, infact there's signs of it already.

With the intensity of the game in the 00s onwards squad depth is crucial. Look at the comparisons between us under Mou mark one and mark two. Mark one only Cech, Terry and Lampard were bonafide regulars, the rest were rotated in and out. Gallas Vs Carvalho (with a bit of Huth), Gallas Vs Del Horno/Bridge, Ferreira Vs Geremi, Drogba Vs Gudjohnsen then Crespo, four wingers for two positions, Tiago Vs Smertin in the first season, Essien Vs Gudjohnsen in the second etc the team bar it's spine was constantly fiddled around with to keep freshness at the highest rate possible and because of that we did what was on hindsight a rare thing for a Jose team and stay mentally fresh for the entire three years. Jose mark 2 soon as the second season kicked in basically had 10 untouchables with the 11th place either Oscar or Ramires depending on the tactical approach, we squeezed a title out of the season but it culminated in physical and mental exhaustion which led to the shit show next time round.

Simon1991 likes this

Mount and CHO will get plenty of minutes still so it's not like they've been cast aside. The 'big 4" we have brought in (including puli) aren't gonna play every game and sometimes mount will play with them vs weaker opposition or instead of them in a rotation capacity. Plus you get the injuries etc. We played 1 pre season game and giroud and ziyech got an injury. If we had a game Wednesday that automatically would create minutes for others.

Quality players break through and as much as I loved the year of youth and academy players most of these signings were needed to get where we are aiming towards and in regards to ziyech Werner and puli all at a great price. You can't tell me Werner would have cost only 54 mil if he didn't have a release clause.

Youth (English) will still be there but they will get to play with better players which can only be a good thing. Plus the players we bought are all young too so it's still youth just through acquisition rather than organic growth.

Same way as most big businesses get to the top.

Muzchap likes this

1 hour ago, Hutcho said:

Mount and CHO will get plenty of minutes still so it's not like they've been cast aside. The 'big 4" we have brought in (including puli) aren't gonna play every game and sometimes mount will play with them vs weaker opposition or instead of them in a rotation capacity. Plus you get the injuries etc. We played 1 pre season game and giroud and ziyech got an injury. If we had a game Wednesday that automatically would create minutes for others.

Quality players break through and as much as I loved the year of youth and academy players most of these signings were needed to get where we are aiming towards and in regards to ziyech Werner and puli all at a great price. You can't tell me Werner would have cost only 54 mil if he didn't have a release clause.

Youth (English) will still be there but they will get to play with better players which can only be a good thing. Plus the players we bought are all young too so it's still youth just through acquisition rather than organic growth.

Same way as most big businesses get to the top.

Besides we seem to have a lot of injuries so should be playing time to go around.

It's gonna be kinda funny when we have basically a 10/10 window where everyone is jealous of us and all the media are praising us for addressing all our issues. And then City will sign Messi and everyone will just stop paying attention to us and it's all about them. 😂

I actually think that'll be a huge positive. Way less pressure on Frank and the boys. Nobody will be expecting us to win the league.

Muzchap, Strike, Puliiszola and 1 other like this

49 minutes ago, Styl1994 said:

Besides we seem to have a lot of injuries so should be playing time to go around.

This injury thing is starting to take the piss. Soon, we'll not only have to worry about getting the win but also the players not getting injured in matches! :rant:

BXL70 likes this

I think after Kai we will still get this guy and Rice. Basically the club decided to go with Mendy and Rice instead of just Oblak. And money wise that would be similar.

lucio likes this

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think after Kai we will still get this guy and Rice. Basically the club decided to go with Mendy and Rice instead of just Oblak. And money wise that would be similar.

Rice would be a dream. Unfortunately don't think it would be possible without selling jorginho at the least, if not kante.

14 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

I still think that we need a good CB near Silva and a GK.... if we want to try to challege for the title...

That would be Rice. I think the idea is to use Silva as Rice/Amapdu's mentor as they transition from DMF to CB. I can see both staying and swapping around a little to see best fit. 

I think if we buy Rice he would play as DM next season.

Havertz 189cm, Rice 185cm and Silva 183cm would be our 3 tallest players if he plays CB.

Dimitr and kellzfresh like this

26 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think if we buy Rice he would play as DM next season.

Havertz 189cm, Rice 185cm and Silva 183cm would be our 3 tallest players if he plays CB.

I actually think Rice is probably taller than 185cm. English players heights are for some reason always a bit off. He has been listed at that height since he was 18 and i doubt he just stopped growing there. also he does at least an inch taller than barkley who is listed at 1,86m (which i think is BS, Barkley is 6ft flat max, looks hardly taller than Azpi when they stand next to each other).

kellzfresh likes this

12 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Get rajkovic for fuck sake giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7cgvggdpwzobvjk38qn3apz0fjwqvprhhs1t5cqsc&rid=giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

How come you believe so strongly he is the right GK for us? General honest question. Im never impressed with him, to me he looks bang average. Maybe you have a good reason Im not seeing. 

Ryan Fong and killer1257 like this

Average is a lot better than what we currently have
Yes, but paying 20 million for an average GK is not the best idea. Musso or Mike Maignan's prices are similar to Mendy and both are bettee from what I have seen

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Atomiswave likes this

How come you believe so strongly he is the right GK for us? General honest question. Im never impressed with him, to me he looks bang average. Maybe you have a good reason Im not seeing. 
I think he's a great keeper, a level under world class. He doesn't actually have any glaring weaknesses (consider with the ajax keeper hes go some great reflexes and shot stopping but his tendency to push shots into the area is worrisome). I think his best attribute is his foot work, he is very good at getting down low and close to him. He also uses his feet to save as well but thankfully he's not a nob like Degea who wants to use his feet all the time.

Basically, I think he does everything to a good standard. Hes even decent with his distribution. Hes not gonna pass about by Ter Stegen or Ederson nor will he catch crosses like hes picking cherries like Courtois buts hes consistent across the board.

In fact, I think this can make him look unremarkable because he rarely makes extraordinary saves. He doesn't need to because he has good positioning. He's not forced to arch like a cat for a shot that often.

Also I've almost definitely come to be set on him coming ive almost definitely constructed a better impression of him than he actually is

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk