• Kovacic
    • Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pedro
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

I'm goodness othe how most of the XI is likely to look, but the only one I worry about is Tammy. Just don't think he's quite ready for this stage yet. Can see us looking pretty good in our build up until that final action where Tammy will be marked by Maguire. 

As has been mentioned, United really aren't that scary. Not compared to the attacks of City/Liverpool/Arse/Spuds, anyway. Rashford and Martial have great pace but they're super inconsistent just like our attacking players.

So here we go..........A baptism of fire for not only our manager, but our younger players who will come into the squad. I am concerned about our centre backs as none of them fill me with confidence to be honest. Zouma just hasn't stepped up to be a new John Terry, and Christensen always has a big fuck up in his locker . He can be brilliant or brutal in equal fashion. We need Kante back to give us some bite in midfield as Jorginho, although improving, still needs to add more to his midfield role. Kovacic if he starts will need to be on his game. Up front we should be ok, a mix of either Pulicic, Mount, Pedro, Barkley (Dunno if Willian is fit) and maybe Bats for some pace against Maguire should give us hope....Whether we win or not isn't important to me today. It's how we go about the game that the issue. I want to see us fight for the the club and the manager. Give us hope for the future and I'll be happy whether we win, lose or draw today. Com'n you Blues.

Utd have way more to lose than we do. This is the worst Chelsea side on Paper in 20 years I would say. Utd have strengthened with expensive signings and are playing at home. I hope the pressure affects them. If we can play freely and with courage we can score I an sure of that. But i do not expect our make shift defence to hold the 0 but they dont need to. I am not sure we can match Manure blow for blow in an open game but if we can make the midfiels tight and stop balls to rashford and Martial, dont let them in the game, control the tempo without ball they are a very ordinary side. 

It is a really unique, exciting situation. Rookie team, rookie manager. No idea what to expect. Just trust them I guess. For sure happy for the season tonfinally start again. Would not have expected to be that eager for it given no new signings. But all the youngsters in the squad feels just as good. The PR-stunt of hiring Lamps as manager has worked. At least it got me hooked again.

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Utd have way more to lose than we do. This is the worst Chelsea side on Paper in 20 years I would say. Utd have strengthened with expensive signings and are playing at home. I hope the pressure affects them. If we can play freely and with courage we can score I an sure of that. But i do not expect our make shift defence to hold the 0 but they dont need to. I am not sure we can match Manure blow for blow in an open game but if we can make the midfiels tight and stop balls to rashford and Martial, dont let them in the game, control the tempo without ball they are a very ordinary side. 

It is a really unique, exciting situation. Rookie team, rookie manager. No idea what to expect. Just trust them I guess. For sure happy for the season tonfinally start again. Would not have expected to be that eager for it given no new signings. But all the youngsters in the squad feels just as good. The PR-stunt of hiring Lamps as manager has worked. At least it got me hooked again.

Both teams a shadow of their former selfs.......our teams from 07-09 would eat city up imo. I really hope and wish Lamps will be our Fergie.....wouldnt that be something.

I'm not trying to censor anyone but let's try and keep the over the top rhetoric if and I emphasise if we have a bad performance today. This is Man United away not Brighton at home so for a new manager it doesn't get much harder than this. Let's give Frank a few games to bed in he's one of our own and doesn't deserve shit slung at him from the get go.

It's going to be a difficult season no doubt about it the days of just turning up and rolling over opponents are long gone, carefree wherever you may be.