test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Man Utd 4-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   23 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Zouma
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pedro
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

681 posts in this topic
38 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Seems most people think Barkley will start but I'm fairly sure it's Mason getting the nod.

Mason fella is not ready to even make the bench. 

Supermonkey92 likes this

31 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Whether he is or not ain't the point. For most of pre season Mount has been playing with the first choice side while Ross was on with the scratch team, so it will be quite the 180 from Lampard if Barkley starts.

I think United will play

Rashford

Martial - pogba - Lingard 

Matic - Mctominay 

Shaw - Maguire - lindelof - awb

Should be a good test for us. The question for me is can we control Paul pogba with kova and Jorginho. 

Can't say the atmosphere at United is toxic. Yet. But Pogba's shenanigans this summer and their lack of transfers have broken their fans' mood when they were all waiting for a spending spree. Bottom line is, no matter how bad they (other clubs, too, not only United) are or how toxic the atmosphere is, we always tend to lose against these teams in these particular moments. Think I'd have been more confident Chelsea would get a win had United come into this after a stellar transfer window and nailed on to fight head to head for the title with City and Liverpool. 

Giroud would be my first choice for this, then Michy. Think United's centre backs would eat Tammy alive. Too soon for him this one, matches like these need experienced strikes that could feed from one or two chances. I'd also go for Mount, Barkley and Pulisic as the three attacking midfielders. 

Supermonkey92 and shelmus like this

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Seems most people think Barkley will start but I'm fairly sure it's Mason getting the nod.

I honestly don't have a clue which one will start. It's very much 50-50

I'm goodness othe how most of the XI is likely to look, but the only one I worry about is Tammy. Just don't think he's quite ready for this stage yet. Can see us looking pretty good in our build up until that final action where Tammy will be marked by Maguire. 

As has been mentioned, United really aren't that scary. Not compared to the attacks of City/Liverpool/Arse/Spuds, anyway. Rashford and Martial have great pace but they're super inconsistent just like our attacking players.

Supermonkey92 and Bosnian Blue like this

So here we go..........A baptism of fire for not only our manager, but our younger players who will come into the squad. I am concerned about our centre backs as none of them fill me with confidence to be honest. Zouma just hasn't stepped up to be a new John Terry, and Christensen always has a big fuck up in his locker . He can be brilliant or brutal in equal fashion. We need Kante back to give us some bite in midfield as Jorginho, although improving, still needs to add more to his midfield role. Kovacic if he starts will need to be on his game. Up front we should be ok, a mix of either Pulicic, Mount, Pedro, Barkley (Dunno if Willian is fit) and maybe Bats for some pace against Maguire should give us hope....Whether we win or not isn't important to me today. It's how we go about the game that the issue. I want to see us fight for the the club and the manager. Give us hope for the future and I'll be happy whether we win, lose or draw today. Com'n you Blues.

Bosnian Blue and Vesper like this

Utd have way more to lose than we do. This is the worst Chelsea side on Paper in 20 years I would say. Utd have strengthened with expensive signings and are playing at home. I hope the pressure affects them. If we can play freely and with courage we can score I an sure of that. But i do not expect our make shift defence to hold the 0 but they dont need to. I am not sure we can match Manure blow for blow in an open game but if we can make the midfiels tight and stop balls to rashford and Martial, dont let them in the game, control the tempo without ball they are a very ordinary side. 

It is a really unique, exciting situation. Rookie team, rookie manager. No idea what to expect. Just trust them I guess. For sure happy for the season tonfinally start again. Would not have expected to be that eager for it given no new signings. But all the youngsters in the squad feels just as good. The PR-stunt of hiring Lamps as manager has worked. At least it got me hooked again.

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Utd have way more to lose than we do. This is the worst Chelsea side on Paper in 20 years I would say. Utd have strengthened with expensive signings and are playing at home. I hope the pressure affects them. If we can play freely and with courage we can score I an sure of that. But i do not expect our make shift defence to hold the 0 but they dont need to. I am not sure we can match Manure blow for blow in an open game but if we can make the midfiels tight and stop balls to rashford and Martial, dont let them in the game, control the tempo without ball they are a very ordinary side. 

It is a really unique, exciting situation. Rookie team, rookie manager. No idea what to expect. Just trust them I guess. For sure happy for the season tonfinally start again. Would not have expected to be that eager for it given no new signings. But all the youngsters in the squad feels just as good. The PR-stunt of hiring Lamps as manager has worked. At least it got me hooked again.

Both teams a shadow of their former selfs.......our teams from 07-09 would eat city up imo. I really hope and wish Lamps will be our Fergie.....wouldnt that be something.

Bosnian Blue and Vesper like this

23 minutes ago, DDA said:

Nervous as fuck. 

🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴

we are too!!!

butterflies in the tummy:(

DDA likes this

7 hours ago, Henrique said:

Hahahahahhahaha. Trollolololo

Vesper likes this