• Kovacic
    • Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pedro
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

Can't stand some of the doom and gloom I've seen on here today. We got a great new, young, ENGLISH manager and a great bunch of boys. We're already 6th in the league and not played a single game yet. If things stay the same we'll have secured European football once again. 

The only way is up! 

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

Referee announced for Manchester United vs Chelsea - and it's bad news for Frank Lampard

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/fixtures-results/man-united-vs-chelsea-referee-16704535

The referee has been announced for Chelsea's opening game of the 2019/2020 Premier League season against Manchester United.

And it's bad news for Frank Lampard as he bid to begin is reign with victory at Old Traford.

It was Maurizio Sarri in charge the last time the Blues visited the 'Theatre of Dreams' in a game which finished 1-1 thanks to Marcos Alonso's equaliser and boosted the visitors top four hopes.

In fact it's over six years since the west London outfit last tasted victory away at Man United.

Hopes of improving that record on Sunday afternoon have been somewhat dented following news of the referee appointment.

Anthony Taylor will take charge of the clash at Old Trafford and the Blues did not have a good record when he was the man in the middle in last season.

snip

the walking bellend

Image result for Anthony Taylor chelseaImage result for Anthony Taylor chelseaImage result for Anthony Taylor chelseaImage result for Anthony Taylor chelseaImage result for Anthony Taylor chelseaImage result for Anthony Taylor chelseaImage result for Anthony Taylor chelseaImage result for LONDON, ENGLAND - MAY 27: David Luiz of Chelsea argues with referee Anthony Taylor

typical FA, fuck off

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't want to see Zouma start this one. He hasn't convinced me at all with his defending this pre-season (tbh neither has Luiz) and on the ball he still looks very awkward. He might have physical edge over Christensen but I think we would play better out of the back with Christensen next to Luiz and our overall play would be less sloppy

4 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

typical FA, fuck off

I said yesterday the refs will do their shit as usual and bang we get stinking Taylor, you can bet your life utd will get goodies in that game. But at the end of the day they are all bad, you cant name 1 ref that aint bent or horribly incompetant in epl.

17 hours ago, Hutcho said:

There's 2 ways this can go.

Lamps goes for his full philosophy from game 1 and plays mount who knows his system better than anyone and has been one of our best performers in pre season...

Or he goes Conservative, plays barkley, giroud and Co away from home vs United.

Don't mind either approach as its a long season.

I'd hope he went option 1 and then if we lose we go down fighting. But the prudent approach would be to go with a Conservative option and then put the pressing and fast paced mount and Co on for the last 30 depending on how the game goes.

Although for all the talk about mount barkley Abraham etc. The key point is kante. If he plays and is fit our chances of winning sky rocket, but that being said I'd rather we rest him if he's not fit than risk him game 1. As I said above it's a long season and we are gonna need him.

I don't know what do you mean by conservative by playing Ross.

Mount is clearly better at pressing more discipline than Ross. 

Good news for us. Martial, Rashford, Lingard as front three should not be a big threat. Like many Utd fans on Red Cafe I also think this is going to be a draw. Which is fine as long as we win next three games after. 10 points before international break is fine. 

I don't know what do you mean by conservative by playing Ross.

Mount is clearly better at pressing more discipline than Ross. 

Experience, barkley is the somewhat known entity at least in the PL.

Mount isn't.

Also I agree mount is better at pressing than Ross but in terms of strength and tackling in the middle of the park etc I'd say Ross has the edge.

But personally I hope he says fuck it goes with both of them and we take the game to united. But that may not be the sensible thing to do

Good news for us. Martial, Rashford, Lingard as front three should not be a big threat. Like many Utd fans on Red Cafe I also think this is going to be a draw. Which is fine as long as we win next three games after. 10 points before international break is fine. 
Not a big threat is a bit of an understatement. Not the most clinical but our defence isn't exactly bursting with pace. And the one thing you'd give their 3 is that they are quick

39 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I wish Lukaku was playing. Not only is he a big game bottler he wouldn't bother pressing us which would have helped our buildup play, Rashford will not give us a moments peace which could spell trouble if we are as sloppy as we were in the 1st half in Germany.

4 hours ago, Hutcho said:

Experience, barkley is the somewhat known entity at least in the PL.

Mount isn't.

Also I agree mount is better at pressing than Ross but in terms of strength and tackling in the middle of the park etc I'd say Ross has the edge.

But personally I hope he says fuck it goes with both of them and we take the game to united. But that may not be the sensible thing to do

I think most people here want mount to start because clearly he is more discipline than Ross, which imo very important against big team away. 

In term of playing both together, I think it depend whether you want barkley or Pulisic. 

On 8/6/2019 at 4:20 AM, Jason said:

Since the starting XI is all the rage right now, think Lampard will go with this:

Kepa

Azpi---Zouma---Luiz---Emerson

Jorginho---Kovacic

Pulisic---Mount---Pedro

Abraham

Give or take Christensen for Zouma, Barkley for Mount and Giroud/Batshuayi for Abraham. Doubt Lampard will risk Kante from the start (might have him on the bench) and Willian is not match fit yet. 

I think that is our starting 11 against united.

We can bring kante if we need to shore up our defense or Barkley if we need more chance creationin the final third. 

41 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

We can make holes in them with fast and direct play, their midfield is kinda slow too.

It is. and rigid. I can so see Mount run rings around Matic. But we need to be careful. The pace of Martial and Rashford can easily exploit a high line, so we should always leave enough players in behind.

Also since they usually play without real wingers we should make our numbers advantage on the flank count. Esp with the pace of Emerson and Pulisic we should seek 1 on 1 often and go behind their lines and then play cut backs. This is were they are really vulnerable. They draw their defneisve lines back in panic when they are attacked directly and with pace so they leave huge gaps behind just in front of their box. On paper, they might be a bit better than us player for player, more experienced, better age balance, but with superior tactics we can pull a shock win even at OT.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

It is. and rigid. I can so see Mount run rings around Matic. But we need to be careful. The pace of Martial and Rashford can easily exploit a high line, so we should always leave enough players in behind.

Also since they usually play without real wingers we should make our numbers advantage on the flank count. Esp with the pace of Emerson and Pulisic we should seek 1 on 1 often and go behind their lines and then play cut backs. This is were they are really vulnerable. They draw their defneisve lines back in panic when they are attacked directly and with pace so they leave huge gaps behind just in front of their box. On paper, they might be a bit better than us player for player, more experienced, better age balance, but with superior tactics we can pull a shock win even at OT.

Most def.....im looking forward what Lamps have coocked up for them, damn nice to have our youngsters teach them a lesson.