• Kante (sub)

5 hours ago, Strike said:

I'd like to go with

Kepa

Azpi AC Luiz Emerson

Kante Jorginho

Pedro Mount Pulisic

Abraham

Barkley Giroud as options to come on. Barkley would be a great option to throw on against teams tiring in the second half

While Lampard will be giving youth a chance I highly doubt he will go with three of the front four being so young, especially away at Old Trafford.

I imagine Giroud will get the nod in this one.

25 minutes ago, Mana said:

Maguire signed for United. Expect him to debut against us.

And he tends to do best against bigger, less pacey strikers and forwards where he can man-mark and physically battle with. Struggles against quicker players. So it may not be best to start with either Tammy or Giroud.

31 minutes ago, Tomo said:

While Lampard will be giving youth a chance I highly doubt he will go with three of the front four being so young, especially away at Old Trafford.

I imagine Giroud will get the nod in this one.

I somehow doubt it. For one, Giroud didn't start in pre-season and two, Abraham's movement and pressing is better for a game at Old Trafford where United will be pushing up and trying to press our midfield and defense. 

Barkley mostly will start ahead of Mount but I'd love a fresh faced front 4 with Pulisic, Mount and Abraham

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Not sure we can afford to bench our best goal scorer. We're already a side that struggles for goals.

I want Barkley on the left, Mount in the middle, and Pulisic out right. 

Havent seen it during preseason but it’s something I’d do. Pedro loses the ball far too many times, especially in dangerous areas. 

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Based on what? We scored 13 in last four games. 

This will be a quite considerable step up in quality compared to what we've faced in preseason. This being their home opener I expect them to really raise their game and be massively up for it.

Just can't see him leaving Pedro out.

I don't know why people want to bench Pedro. You go to OT, you want to be solid. Pedro will start barring injury. 

I personally don't think there is many question for this game other than mount/Barkley, I will go for mount. Zouma will probably partner Luiz and if kante is healthy then maybe kova - Kante. 

52 minutes ago, communicate said:

I don't know why people want to bench Pedro. You go to OT, you want to be solid. Pedro will start barring injury. 

I personally don't think there is many question for this game other than mount/Barkley, I will go for mount. Zouma will probably partner Luiz and if kante is healthy then maybe kova - Kante. 

Has Pedro, since he’s been here, ever make an impact at Old Trafford, let alone any game against the top 6 away from home? 

13 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Lamps will go for youth and hunger, he will look to pierce through them with fast passes and direct runs. Should be a blast, Ijust hope the refs and var dont fuck us over.

It is Old Trafford the refs will obviously give their best. The number of times Mike Dean and friends have robbed us vs Utd. The only time we got lucky vs them was in 2010 when Drogba was a yard offside before scoring what proved to be a title winning goal. The season before we were not given 2 clear pens and in  2011 we also should have gotten a pen. Not to mention how the refs robbed us at the bridge in 2011 and 2012 with those ridiculous penalties for them, the res for torres which was a joke and the offside winner from hernandez afterwards. 

The new ref darling is now liverpool obviously but i am sure they will be a few Manu fans left in the ref squad.

21 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

It is Old Trafford the refs will obviously give their best. The number of times Mike Dean and friends have robbed us vs Utd. The only time we got lucky vs them was in 2010 when Drogba was a yard offside before scoring what proved to be a title winning goal. The season before we were not given 2 clear pens and in  2011 we also should have gotten a pen. Not to mention how the refs robbed us at the bridge in 2011 and 2012 with those ridiculous penalties for them, the res for torres which was a joke and the offside winner from hernandez afterwards. 

The new ref darling is now liverpool obviously but i am sure they will be a few Manu fans left in the ref squad.

Please dont remind me man, I get angry how obvious the shit is, they havent even tried to hide their bias with certain teams. One look at spurs and pool and its obvious as fuck to me. We will get fucked at OT im sure of it, certain calls will go utd's way as per usual.

I actually thought about Pedros contributions vs big 6 in the past years. It really is not much. I remember that he always performed well vs Everton when they still were a top 6 club. 

Last season he scored a vital goal away at frankfurt and generally did good in the cup conpetitions away.

2 seasons ago he assisted for our win at Tottenham. He also scored when we lost to arsenal away in the edl cup semis.

Anyway, the sample maybe is too small to establish a general rule that pedro is shit vs big 6 sides away. Also i do believe that thisb eason he should be back up to CHO or Pulisic if the perform well enough sooner or later.  We can not continue to rely on 32 y.o. wingers

57 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Has Pedro, since he’s been here, ever make an impact at Old Trafford, let alone any game against the top 6 away from home? 

IIRC him and Hazard tore United apart there in 15/16 but DDG had one of those nothing gets past me days.