• Kovacic
    • Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pedro
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

They have all their players plus the new ones coming in, we have injuries, new manager, plenty youngsters....and its at old toilet. I would take a draw right now, we can win but dont think its very likely, our midfield and defence need to be much more solid to take a win......but a win would rock our world huh, such awesome scenes if we win.

29 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

They have all their players plus the new ones coming in, we have injuries, new manager, plenty youngsters....and its at old toilet. I would take a draw right now, we can win but dont think its very likely, our midfield and defence need to be much more solid to take a win......but a win would rock our world huh, such awesome scenes if we win.

This talk of playing up United like they are Man City or Liverpool is silly. Yes, we have injuries and yes, we would like Rudiger and Hudson-Odoi to be fit right now but we still have enough good players to get by this game - and beyond till they return. Whether we'll win is a different debate.

If you fear their new players, then god help us all. United buying AWB and Dan James is just like us taking Mount, Abraham from our academy/loan army and putting them into the team. Different positions and all that but same point applies. The only difference is United paid big money while we didn't need to. They might be talented but they are still young and don't exactly scare me right now (doesn't change either even with Maguire). Would have been a different story altogether had they signed Cancelo, James Rodriguez etc or established players.

Also, how many is plenty? We only have like 3 youngsters in the squad right now. Mount, Abraham and Pulisic (James and CHO excluded due to their injury). Is that plenty? United will likely have AWB, James, Greenwood. We're almost identical in number of young players in the team.

And worth remembering that United ended last season even worse than us. I know we won the Europa League but they finished 2018/19 with something like 2 wins from 12 games. Their key players were horribly out of form, players who want to leave this summer etc. So just like us, they have uncertainty hanging over them and several things to prove this season. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

This talk of playing up United like they are Man City or Liverpool is silly. Yes, we have injuries and yes, we would like Rudiger and Hudson-Odoi to be fit right now but we still have enough good players to get by this game - and beyond till they return.

If you fear their new players, then god help us all. United buying AWB and Dan James is just like us taking Mount, Abraham from our academy/loan army and putting them into the team. The only difference is United paid big money while we didn't need to. They might be talented but they are still young and don't exactly scare me right now (doesn't change either even with Maguire). Would have been a different story altogether had they signed Cancelo, James Rodriguez etc or established players.

Also, how many is plenty? We only have like 3 youngsters in the squad right now. Mount, Abraham and Pulisic. Is that plenty? United will likely have AWB, James, Greenwood. We're almost identical in number of young players in the team.

And worth remembering that United ended last season even worse than us. I know we won the Europa League but they finished 2018/19 with something like 2 wins from 12 games. Their key players were horribly out of form, players who want to leave this summer etc. So just like us, they have uncertainty hanging over them and several things to prove this season. 

Yeah but this is a new season, they will be better this season im sure of it, especially if they get Dybala and Pogba dont leave. We werent much better last season and have lost Eden on top, we could easily lose if not careful is all im saying. We will take a good few matches to see how good we really are, starting at old toilet and them having improved on paper is not ideal imo, but we just might do it, but that defence man, scares me is all I say.

2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Yeah but this is a new season, they will be better this season im sure of it, especially if they get Dybala and Pogba dont leave. We werent much better last season and have lost Eden on top, we could easily lose if not careful is all im saying. We will take a good few matches to see how good we really are, starting at old toilet and them having improved on paper is not ideal imo, but we just might do it, but that defence man, scares me is all I say.

You said it'll take a few matches to see how good we really are but are freaking out over United improving on paper? Just like you said about us, let's see how they do on the field before going over the top here. Them improving on paper doesn't necessarily mean it'll translate to improvement on the pitch. As for Pogba, let's see if his head is even gonna be in Manchester this season (assuming he stays)...

Just now, Supermonkey92 said:

They've look good in preseason. 

I think it's likely we'll lose but chance is big in football so you never know 

Thought people said playing well in pre-season means nothing? Or does that only apply to Chelsea? 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Thought people said playing well in pre-season means nothing? Or does that only apply to Chelsea? 

Doesn't apply to me I've never said that. There's no magic switch between preseason and the first official match - it's a good indicator of a team. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

This talk of playing up United like they are Man City or Liverpool is silly. Yes, we have injuries and yes, we would like Rudiger and Hudson-Odoi to be fit right now but we still have enough good players to get by this game - and beyond till they return. Whether we'll win is a different debate.

If you fear their new players, then god help us all. United buying AWB and Dan James is just like us taking Mount, Abraham from our academy/loan army and putting them into the team. Different positions and all that but same point applies. The only difference is United paid big money while we didn't need to. They might be talented but they are still young and don't exactly scare me right now (doesn't change either even with Maguire). Would have been a different story altogether had they signed Cancelo, James Rodriguez etc or established players.

Also, how many is plenty? We only have like 3 youngsters in the squad right now. Mount, Abraham and Pulisic (James and CHO excluded due to their injury). Is that plenty? United will likely have AWB, James, Greenwood. We're almost identical in number of young players in the team.

Agree

But to be fair, Wan Bisakka has looked really good. Hopefully Pulisic, Emerson can shut him down. Alonso would get roasted if he was starting

58 minutes ago, Jason said:

You said it'll take a few matches to see how good we really are but are freaking out over United improving on paper? Just like you said about us, let's see how they do on the field before going over the top here. Them improving on paper doesn't necessarily mean it'll translate to improvement on the pitch. As for Pogba, let's see if his head is even gonna be in Manchester this season (assuming he stays)...

Freaking out is a bit OP but I get your point. Its still old toilet though, infront of their fans and first game of the season, they will be more than up for it knowing a win will be a superb start vs a direct rival......thats all im saying. We have to sufficate them and give them zero room.

I'd like to go with

Kepa

Azpi AC Luiz Emerson

Kante Jorginho

Pedro Mount Pulisic

Abraham

Barkley Giroud as options to come on. Barkley would be a great option to throw on against teams tiring in the second half

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

I'd like to go with

Kepa

Azpi AC Luiz Emerson

Kante Jorginho

Pedro Mount Pulisic

Abraham

Barkley Giroud as options to come on. Barkley would be a great option to throw on against teams tiring in the second half

Barkley was our best player in pre season. Can't believe someone wants him on the bench.