RB Salzburg 3-5 Chelsea

Jase

1 minute ago, DDA said:

I just want to see football being played at speed... deadly and clinical. 

2004-5 level speed and clinical finishing is what I want

now we just need three 25yo's Carvalho, Terry and Drogba, roflmaooooooooooooooo

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

Abraham looks lost tbh. 

Barkley has become a machine.

Im really starting to not give a fuck for SarriBallesque football ever again. I just want to see football being played at speed... deadly and clinical. So far Frank has brought that to the table. Let's see if he can keep this up in the Prem.

We are still keeping to the fundamentals which is crucial in the modern game (playing out, technical ability first) but with a lot more speed. I do think Frank is benefitting from taking over from a year of Sarri as opposed to straight from Conte.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Possession football is fine but it's so much better when a team can do that and play direct football (and I don't mean it like Allardyce's or Pulis' route one football) effectively. Makes the team less predictable and more dangerous. 

Pulis wet dream would be to start 9 CB's a 1.95m striker and a GK

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Tammy 1.90m

Usain Bolt 1.95m

Usain bolt has a worse acceleration than many footballers. In fact it was meausred often how Bellerin, Walcott, boli  traore etc etc all take less time for the first 40min 

Plus I don't buy Tammy is only 1,90 he looks so super tall. Maybe it's because he is skinny but he looks at least my height 

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

We are still keeping to the fundamentals which is crucial in the modern game (playing out, technical ability first) but with a lot more speed. I do think Frank is benefitting from taking over from a year of Sarri as opposed to straight from Conte.

I am not sure that due solely to Sarri or the fact we have kova and jorgi in midfield. 

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Usain bolt has a worse acceleration than many footballers. In fact it was meausred often how Bellerin, Walcott, boli  traore etc etc all take less time for the first 40min 

Plus I don't buy Tammy is only 1,90 he looks so super tall. Maybe it's because he is skinny but he looks at least my height 

he does seem taller

and sometimes (his world records) Bolt would turn it on from the start

Swedish commentary BTW

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Possession football is fine but it's so much better when a team can do that and play direct football (and I don't mean it like Allardyce's or Pulis' route one football) effectively. Makes the team less predictable and more dangerous. 

That's why I loved Heynckes' Bayern at the start of the decade. Most I've enjoyed a side in some time.

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Got to add we are doing this away vs a fellow CL team and Europa semi finalists of two years ago who are further ahead in preparation. 

There will be growing pains this season but when it clicks like it did in that 10 minutes not many teams will be able to live with us.

2016–17 FC Red Bull Salzburg season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_FC_Red_Bull_Salzburg_season

2017–18 FC Red Bull Salzburg season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_FC_Red_Bull_Salzburg_season

class teams

so much young talent