Reading 3-4 Chelsea

Jase

I don't know how much you can take away from that? We just played a team where nobody on the team could be on the bench for Chelsea. Both first and second half should have been dominated by Chelsea and they were not. With two left we need to start taking starters deep into the second half so they can start finding how to play together. The idea of finding someone should be over.

The second half was mostly starters, and it is a bit scary they didn't dominate, I mean that was Reading's second team out there in the second half.

While annoying to concede 3, I'm not that worried yet. Their first goal was a total, lucky fluke. The second and third were laughable gifts that we put on a plate for them. I'll put those 2 down to lack of focus during preseason. We saw just last week against Barca that we can look very solid at the back when focused.

Positives outweighed the negatives. What a choice Lamps has between Barkley and Mount for that #10 position. Both will play a lot this season and we still have RLC to return there, too.

Thought Michy looked nice. Great touch, good holdup play. Tammy got into great areas but isn't sharp yet.

Emerson 100% HAS to be first choice without question.

For me, if Luiz is going to continue being undisputed staring CB on the left side, I'd play Zouma next to him until Rüdiger returns. His pace, strength and athleticism can hide David's weaknesses better than Andreas can. AC is kinda soft and not very commanding. Zouma is a beast physically and needs to start these last 2 preseason matches to get ready for United.

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

While annoying to concede 3, I'm not that worried yet. Their first goal was a total, lucky fluke. The second and third were laughable gifts that we put on a plate for them. I'll put those 2 down to lack of focus during preseason. We saw just last week against Barca that we can look very solid at the back when focused.

Positives outweighed the negatives. What a choice Lamps has between Barkley and Mount for that #10 position. Both will play a lot this season and we still have RLC to return there, too.

Thought Michy looked nice. Great touch, good holdup play. Tammy got into great areas but isn't sharp yet.

Emerson 100% HAS to be first choice without question.

For me, if Luiz is going to continue being undisputed staring CB on the left side, I'd play Zouma next to him until Rüdiger returns. His pace, strength and athleticism can hide David's weaknesses better than Andreas can. AC is kinda soft and not very commanding. Zouma is a beast physically and needs to start these last 2 preseason matches to get ready for United.

agree on all except one big thing

AC all the way over Zouma

he has looked strong all preseason, and even going back to the last games last year

I do not see as a weak link anymore

Zouma has looked very poor IMHO

he is bad on the ball and has made a lot of mental errors

8 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Man Lamps will have some issue with our MF options. Both Jorgo and Kova look good under him, then you have Kante, then RLC Mount and Barkley as attacking mids......thats a fucking headache man. But as Jose said, a good headache.

A lot of rotation will be needed to keep this intense play up so they will all get their moment.

23 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Spot on man.....Drinky and Baka will offer jack shit. Waste of wages and place.....are we really looking to keep them?

i so hope not, just sell them on

take the hit

get £20m for Drinkwater (hell take £15m just to get those 7 mil quid per year wages off the books)

and sell Bakayoko for £35m or so

if we get £50m total (and wages cleared) call it a win

Just now, Atomiswave said:

Man Lamps will have some issue with our MF options. Both Jorgo and Kova look good under him, then you have Kante, then RLC Mount and Barkley as attacking mids......thats a fucking headache man. But as Jose said, a good headache.

Yeah, and then KDB left...

I just hope Lamps does not fuck up RLC because he is the only no. 8 we have. Mount for me is more of a 10

What's really nice about Mount is that not only does he have great attacking instincts, but he also presses nicely and has a high workrate.

What a bonus and great coincidence that he and Lamps know each other so well just as everything lines up for their return.

For all the hype Foden gets at City, I bet Mason will turn lots of heads if he keeps this up. He'll certainly play much more than Foden will.

OUr defence indeed looks worrying but our 2 best defenders in the middle, Kante and Rüdiger are yet to return.Also we did never play the same defensive line we are gonna use next season or stuck to one so I think there will be an automatic improvement.

ON the bright side, our players look like they are having fun, we are scoring goals, creating chances. Our midfield is full of running, working hard and scoring goals. Mount and Barkley are a joy to watch right now. I also like how even BAts and Tammy are working hard. We are obviously lacking quality and IMO we are outsiders for the top 4 with Utd and Arsenal further strengthening but if we continue to play without fear but much enthusiasm i am fine. The real challenges are yet to come but if the atmosphere in the squad stay good and all our exciting prospects get as many chances as the preseason suggests we will have a fun season albeit maybe not a super successful one.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

If anyone is reading too much into pre-season results, just note that Liverpool have lost 4 matches in a row...

And that Real Madrid with almost their best XI yesterday conceded 7.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

i so hope not, just sell them on

take the hit

get £20m for Drinkwater (hell take £15m just to get those 7 mil quid per year wages off the books)

and sell Bakayoko for £35m or so

if we get £50m total (and wages cleared) call it a win

Ohh man we can only hope.....just get rid already, a heavy toll on wages this.

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

I just hope Lamps does not fuck up RLC because he is the only no. 8 we have. Mount for me is more of a 10

Nahh RLC will do fine, as long as he himself putn in the efforts.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

What's really nice about Mount is that not only does he have great attacking instincts, but he also presses nicely and has a high workrate.

What a bonus and great coincidence that he and Lamps know each other so well just as everything lines up for their return.

For all the hype Foden gets at City, I bet Mason will turn lots of heads if he keeps this up. He'll certainly play much more than Foden will.

Foden will keep getting credit no matter what, pep has deemed him good and the media loves it. Mount will prove to be a far better player im sure of it.

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

time flies

De Bruyne only has 2 under 30yo seasons left

he turns 30 in the summer of 2021

his game does not rely on explosive pace so he should be good for 4, maybe even 5 more years though

deffo his peak is next 3 though

2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Foden will keep getting credit no matter what, pep has deemed him good and the media loves it. Mount will prove to be a far better player im sure of it.

Pep just said he is the most talented player he has ever had for his age

that's crazy pressure to put on the lad