Reading 3-4 Chelsea

Jase

No reason to beat around the bush guys....this season will have its up and downs for sure, its guaranteed. But if we see Progress along the way its a good start. We will be much better once our best are back and get used to the tempo etc.

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Really hope Lampard isn't planning Luiz+Zouma as the starting pair. 

So many mistakes waiting to happen. 

That will see us bombed every game......both not good enough for us, Luiz will be decent here and there but I take Rudi and Chris.

Just now, Vesper said:

zero reason to keep Drinkwater zero

Kante

Jorginho

Kovacic

RLC

Mount

Barkley

its a pure waste of a place

I think we have way too many midfileders for this season. RLC will be back end of this year and if he has bad luck, he will be loaned out because we have too many other players...

We should have not  bought Kovacic

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

zero reason to keep Drinkwater zero

Kante

Jorginho

Kovacic

RLC

Mount

Barkley

its a pure waste of a place

Spot on man.....Drinky and Baka will offer jack shit. Waste of wages and place.....are we really looking to keep them?

Didn't watch the match, couldn't find a workable stream and was busy watching F1 (WTF HAPPENED?!). Only saw the goals and Barkley's was ridiculously good and it's a cliche already but Mount's first was very Lampard's esque and good. On the other hand, Lampard and co. needs to fix our shitty defending. I know it's only pre-season but can't be giving away dumb goals and I seriously hope he picks a settled side in the remaining two pre-season games and stops the chopping and changing. Not long left to go before two huge games against Man United and Liverpool! By the way, why no Kepa today? I know he came back a tad later and had that mini-illness in Japan but thought he would play and instead, he didn't play a single minute. Strange.

Defence will be boosted a lot from kante. And not sure that's the pair I would go with to start. Although there isn't a cb that is nailed on to start which is a concern as they all have their good and bad points.

Issue we have is by far our best thing will be our midfield and our attacking midfield options particularly are gonna be one of our strengths and with a 4-2-3-1 system we can only play 1.

When RLC is back, we'll have him mount and barkley.

Kante is nailed on for a place but it may be we do need to experiment with more formations to get the most of what we are best at.

Back 4
Kante
Mount RLC
CHO winger
Striker

May be a solution although we may struggle without the ball against the better teams, but I think the perks of that team is we would have a great work rate and options going forward.

For me mount is a must start if we just play 1 of them atm. Guy just reminds me of Frank lampard when he plays