Reading 3-4 Chelsea

Jase

So these last 2 games we'll see what his idea of our absolute best formation and lineup is. He hinted there that Barkley and Mason can definitely play together but I'm not sure it's wise against a top team.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

woot, good day all around

Malmö only drew so we are level on points at the top of table, only trail on GD, although fucking Djurgårdens (our biggest rivals along with the third big Stockholm club, Hammarby, who I HATE even more, up there with Spuds and Manure and Victimpool level) have a game in hand

bf4ee31e295b333263a674726b32c081.png

4bbecffad9f8e6ebe2794a9f9073eb78.png

I've started following an Austrian team who were one of the teams that came up on a bet for me last season the wonderfully named FC Admira Wacker Modling. They sound like a prog band from the 70's :D

When RLC get fit, or even before that, I think Lampard should tweak formation so two of Mount/Barkley/RLC could play together. We are stacked at that most-advanced-midfielder position, and not that good on winger positions, especially now with CHO out. Willian did not play minute of pre-season too.

Maybe something like, with Mount and Barkley rotating, and Pulisic taking right wing:

--------------------------------- THE STRIKER ------------------------------

-------------------------Barkley--------------------------------Pulisic---------

---------------------------------------Mount-------------------------------------

-------------------------Jorginho---------------Kante-------------------------

2 hours ago, El P. said:

When RLC get fit, or even before that, I think Lampard should tweak formation so two of Mount/Barkley/RLC could play together. We are stacked at that most-advanced-midfielder position, and not that good on winger positions, especially now with CHO out. Willian did not play minute of pre-season too.

Maybe something like, with Mount and Barkley rotating, and Pulisic taking right wing:

-------------------------Barkley--------------------------------Pulisic---------

---------------------------------------Mount-------------------------------------

Mount and Barkley can certainly play together. 

Pretty much basic 4231 with Barkley on the left. Our left fullback is more attacking so Barkley can play slightly narrower. Two problem with this. CHO and Willian are both better on the left,defensively Barkley need to get better. 

15 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

All looked OK today, but maybe Luiz has eaten a lot of pies. Saw Fat Frank outside. We were in fine song as always.

Good day out, but Reading FC need a lot of sorting in terms of admission, parking, traffic management. 

Wasn't going to pay £10 to park so revved up and left the parking steward in a cloud of dust. :P #Fuck the Royals

What did he car park attendant do? I find it hard to think of any circumstance when I'd do something like that even if the bloke pissed me off.

I don't go away, haven't done for years, and never used to outside of London anyway. Even so I was considering going yesterday but didn't. Lads I know decided to go by train because they knew parking was going to be a hassle.

I went to Sutton on Saturday to watch the development team instead. Had a nice time with a few Blues, with family members of a kid making his first appearance for Sutton after joining from Luton, and with some regular Sutton fans who were more knowledgeable about their team and could fill us all in on their squad. When the boy from Luton got Sutton's first goal I was genuinely pleased for his aunt and uncle. Very enjoyable day even though our youngsters didn't play well.

Did you hear the chant that media were asking Frank about after the Reading game? Was it the scored 200 one?

13 hours ago, El P. said:

I would have loved to see Barkley get a go at CF for a half, and yes, I think he can play winger too.

I am just not sold yet on any of our 3 strikers as being a great production area. It is going to be the number one issue all year unless one steps up. That assumes Rudiger comes back healthy soon, as we SO miss him at CB. I am NOT sold on Zouma at all. He has been the biggest disappointment in pre-season for me (we all knew Donkeywater, Donkeybaka and Alonso were shit before a ball was kicked).

15 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

What did he car park attendant do? I find it hard to think of any circumstance when I'd do something like that even if the bloke pissed me off.

I don't go away, haven't done for years, and never used to outside of London anyway. Even so I was considering going yesterday but didn't. Lads I know decided to go by train because they knew parking was going to be a hassle.

I went to Sutton on Saturday to watch the development team instead. Had a nice time with a few Blues, with family members of a kid making his first appearance for Sutton after joining from Luton, and with some regular Sutton fans who were more knowledgeable about their team and could fill us all in on their squad. When the boy from Luton got Sutton's first goal I was genuinely pleased for his aunt and uncle. Very enjoyable day even though our youngsters didn't play well.

Did you hear the chant that media were asking Frank about after the Reading game? Was it the scored 200 one?

Aaron Jarvis?

32 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Aaron Jarvis?

Aaron Jarvis indeed. One of his little cousins was wearing his number 27 Luton shirt. The family told me that he wasn't getting games there and, although I only spoke of his positive attributes to his relatives, I'm afraid I could see why. Great attitude, lots of physicality but not enough else was on show from him to give me confidence that he'll fulfill his ambition and climb back up the pyramid.

Was thrilled when I saw the lineup for our team. Absolutely every player I wanted to see started the game. I was especially excited to see Maatsen who I had never watched live before. Sadly neither he, nor any of the others, put in a display that they'll feel pleased with. Anjorin and Brown, despite his goal, were particularly disappointing for me. I have to admit that it is not the first time I've been disappointed by Tino. I hear that he's been doing well in preseason, but not on Saturday. Maybe it was the 3G pitch, or maybe it was the physical challenge posed by the part-timers, but there were only a few moments of quality from our lads.  

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Not yesterday, but it's been sung for a while. It references West Ham as the 'pikeys'. There are much more important things, but journalists need to earn a crust I suppose, and if that continues to be labelling Labour ant-semitic or Chelsea fans racist it's the way tabloid journalism works.

13 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Not yesterday, but it's been sung for a while. It references West Ham as the 'pikeys'. There are much more important things, but journalists need to earn a crust I suppose, and if that continues to be labelling Labour ant-semitic or Chelsea fans racist it's the way tabloid journalism works.

No other set of fans are under such scrutiny as Chelsea. Ok there has been some bad incidents in the past no getting away from it but the media outcry over a handful of pissed up fans singing about Salah was way over the top. We all get tarred with the same brush if it was 100 Chelsea fans in a bar singing then yes that would be worrying but it wasn't. 

It's funny the first news website I go to everyday is The Guardian who really despise us with a passion and there's no reading between the lines it's pretty blatant. Most media types are Arsenal these days who have to be the most middle class club in the country.

12 hours ago, communicate said:

Mount and Barkley can certainly play together. 

Pretty much basic 4231 with Barkley on the left. Our left fullback is more attacking so Barkley can play slightly narrower. Two problem with this. CHO and Willian are both better on the left,defensively Barkley need to get better. 

Problem is we have too many right-footers, no one is leftie.

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Absolute nonsense it even gets a mention. That knob Dan levene stirring the pot again

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Thanks.

I've made my views known on the 200 song previously. It's a good idea for a song with a great rhythm that, unlike far too many Chelsea songs, sustains really well. I'm afraid I do agree however that it is a racist reference and should not be sung. At least not with that part of the lyric. Sadly it has been sung for years, and I've been unhappy about it for years.

If that wasn't the offending song yesterday, what was?

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Aaron Jarvis indeed. One of his little cousins was wearing his number 27 Luton shirt. The family told me that he wasn't getting games there and, although I only spoke of his positive attributes to his relatives, I'm afraid I could see why. Great attitude, lots of physicality but not enough else was on show from him to give me confidence that he'll fulfill his ambition and climb back up the pyramid.

Was thrilled when I saw the lineup for our team. Absolutely every player I wanted to see started the game. I was especially excited to see Maatsen who I had never watched live before. Sadly neither he, nor any of the others, put in a display that they'll feel pleased with. Anjorin and Brown, despite his goal, were particularly disappointing for me. I have to admit that it is not the first time I've been disappointed by Tino. I hear that he's been doing well in preseason, but not on Saturday. Maybe it was the 3G pitch, or maybe it was the physical challenge posed by the part-timers, but there were only a few moments of quality from our lads.  

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS Sutton United v Chelsea U23s PSF 27/7/19

66cd37f79ae4ca16946aba60fea041e8.png17a60c32cdddb7386b16aec9ea71cdab.jpg

38 minutes ago, Vesper said:

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS Sutton United v Chelsea U23s PSF 27/7/19

17a60c32cdddb7386b16aec9ea71cdab.jpg

Thanks.

I'm actually in that shot. Just find the most handsome bloke you can see, then keep looking and sooner or later you'll spot my mug.

The weak first attempt when Charlie was in on the keeper was more indicative of his overall display than the calm finish after the ball came back to him.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If that wasn't the offending song yesterday, what was?

No idea, but some people want to find offence at anything, and just because someone finds offence at something doesn't mean they are right.