test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the wes

Billy Gilmour

Started by the wes,

Billy Clifford Gilmour (born 11 June 2001) is a Scottish footballer who plays as a midfielder for Premier League club Chelsea, where he is a member of the under-23 squad. He was previously with Rangers, where he developed through the club's academy and trained with the first team squad at the age of 15. He joined Chelsea in 2017 after turning down a professional contract with Rangers. He has represented Scotland at under-16, under-17 and under-21 levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His passing range is what most impressive thing from him. Really interesting player, really exciting talent

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, the wes said:

Maybe we will get to see in the Carabao Cup this season 

He and Mount so look like they will possibly be ballers at EPL level someday

they both have great attitudes too and seem to love the club

shame we cannot do a brain graft onto CHO from them

11Drogba likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

He and Mount so look like they will possibly be ballers at EPL level someday

they both have great attitudes too and seem to love the club

shame we cannot do a brain graft onto CHO from them

I can see a bit of Frenkie de Jong in Gilmour the way he passes the ball around the pitch 

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the wes said:

I can see a bit of Frenkie de Jong in Gilmour the way he passes the ball around the pitch 

I am terrified what Rodri is going to do after he settles in with Pep:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think he will be in around the squad this year.

Really have high hopes for him, followed him when he was at Rangers along with Karamoko Dembele (seen him make his Celtic debut vs Hearts in May, he looked exciting and most importantly wasnt phased by it, obviously 1 first team game but hes done well for youth teams and in pre season with Celtic too).

As a Scot these 2 could be huge players for the NT and at club level. Would say that while he maybe looks sinilar to Modric or de Jong as he is mobile, can dribble but he also has a bit of Cesc in him too, he is excellent at providing the final pass and that as a midfielder is a huge strength obviously along with a good range of passing.

He and Mount (who I had reservations about slightly) have looked like they want to be in the first team when they've played, along with confidence in their own ability. 

Time will tell obviously and weve seen before its easy to get carried away with young players but you never know. I do think if we offload Bakayoko and Drinkwater it gives them 2 and also Ampadu a chance to get more minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think he will be in around the squad this year.

Really have high hopes for him, followed him when he was at Rangers along with Karamoko Dembele (seen him make his Celtic debut vs Hearts in May, he looked exciting and most importantly wasnt phased by it, obviously 1 first team game but hes done well for youth teams and in pre season with Celtic too).

As a Scot these 2 could be huge players for the NT and at club level. Would say that while he maybe looks sinilar to Modric or de Jong as he is mobile, can dribble but he also has a bit of Cesc in him too, he is excellent at providing the final pass and that as a midfielder is a huge strength obviously along with a good range of passing.

He and Mount (who I had reservations about slightly) have looked like they want to be in the first team when they've played, along with confidence in their own ability. 

Time will tell obviously and weve seen before its easy to get carried away with young players but you never know. I do think if we offload Bakayoko and Drinkwater it gives them 2 and also Ampadu a chance to get more minutes.

You will need to start appointing more progressive managers if you want to get to the best out of these lads.

Steve Clarke could be better but is allright however any more appointments like Strachan or McLeish would just be an absolute waste of what looks to be a promising generation you have coming up (alongside the likes of Tierney and Robertson already there).

OneMoSalah likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tomo said:

You will need to start appointing more progressive managers if you want to get to the best out of these lads.

Steve Clarke could be better but is allright however any more appointments like Strachan or McLeish would just be an absolute waste of what looks to be a promising generation you have coming up (alongside the likes of Tierney and Robertson already there).

Definitely but I think the mantra with the SFA is purely to appoint Scottish managers. Especially after the Berti Vogts experience all those years ago. 

Its difficult because obviously McLeish  for me, is well past his sell by date and Strachan who had started well fucked himself in the end and resigned. He had a real real chance of securing qualification for the Euros a few years back but by being stubborn starting shite like Chris Martin ahead of Leigh Griffiths had been on fire having scored like god knows mayne 15-20 a sesson in the previous seasons at a standard which is hardly that inferior to the championship in all honesty. As well as a few others like James Morrison and refusing to integrate younger players who are now involved with the squad. But yeah, it could take a manager from outside of Scotland to reslly push these guys on although what Steve Clarke did at Kilmarnock was really quite extrodinary taking where they were when he came in at first and the budget he was on to get a shot for European football. Antonio Conte's assistant is in there now so he could reap the rewards.

Anyway the standard of youngsters and players in general is gradually improving. Ryan Fraser, Karamoko Dembele, Kieran Tierney, Andy Robertson, John McGinn, Billy Gilmour, Greg Taylor etc. Just have to hope these kids dont get tempted to move to the PL before its too soon like Feruz. Better for the Scottish game too and then when their ready to move on they can go, bring money into the club. 

Tomo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.