Billy Gilmour

the wes

12 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I think that he would be a perfect for the Jorginho role in the future. Especially considering the fact that he can play those Fabrepasses we are missing and Jorginho can´t play them.

I dont doubt his footballing ability, but he seems too slow at the moment for PL level football.

Just now, 1905didierblue said:

I dont doubt his footballing ability, but he seems too slow at the moment for PL level football.

Slow in terms of what? Pace? He is actually pretty fast. Way faster than Jorginho and Kovacic. Or do you mean slow in terms of passing?

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Slow in terms of what? Pace? He is actually pretty fast. Way faster than Jorginho and Kovacic. Or do you mean slow in terms of passing?

His passing is pretty good.

I did mean in terms of pace. I will have to watch him again, but just got a feeling of a lack of pace. Might be wrong.

Just now, 1905didierblue said:

I did mean in terms of pace. I will have to watch him again, but just got a feeling of a lack of pace. Might be wrong.

His pace is decent from the games I have seen from him. He usually plays a little bit higher than his todays role. He still is not ready for PL football because he wents missing for some parts for the game and he should gain some leg muscles at least.

7 hours ago, the wes said:

SFL is right. Billy showed Ross up a bit last night. Throughout the night he was far more likely to see the right pass and always executed his decision more quickly. Add that he was generally also more accurate than Ross and you'd have to agree with Frank

16 hours ago, the wes said:

I like this kid his style reminds me of Frenkie de Jong

Billy put in a tremendous display last night but it was by far the best I've ever seen from him. I say 'but' because that makes it an exception. I've seen him play well before but never this well. We need to see this level repeated before we take it as an indicator of his general output.. Hats off to the lad however; by some distance the best player on the park last night.

17 hours ago, killer1257 said:

17 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

In fact I thought the speed of his decision making and execution was the outstanding part of Billy's game last night. Ross, for example, does this thing where stops the ball, rolls it forward with the sole of his boot and then, finally, he plays from there. While he does all of that the picture in front of him is much changed and any runners have probably gone off side. That happened several times last night to runs made by Chris and Reece who had to check back. Billy saw those runs and used them. Occasionally with beautiful passes. Super impressive performance from the lad.

11 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Billy put in a tremendous display last night but it was by far the best I've ever seen from him. I say 'but' because that makes it an exception. I've seen him play well before but never this well. We need to see this level repeated before we take it as an indicator of his general output.. Hat's off to the lad however; by some distance the best player on the park last night.

I agree, I regard yesterday as the end product version we hope to get in a few years. Watching him in PL2 this season for me he still has a lot of development to do in terms of week by week consistency.

• 2 weeks later...

Billy Gilmour’s decision making at Rangers eclipsed first-team players claims former team-mate

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/billy-gilmours-decision-making-rangers-20558633

0_13482165.jpg

Kenny Miller has reveled the moment he realised Billy Gilmour was set to become a special talent.

The former Rangers striker was impressed with the kid's gallousness when he began a conversation with his youth team at the Hummel Training Centre.

Gilmour spoke up with confidence despite his tender years, showing he had the character to match his quick feet.

It's this characteristic allied to an unusual level of technical quality makes him one of the most talented kids in Britain and a Chelsea squad player at only 18.

That's no surprise to Miller who says his technical quality made him stand out against first team professionals in training. 

Speaking on the Football Daft Podcast, he said: "He is special. A special talent. He was 14 or 15 at the time and floating about Murray Park you'd see him playing and your eyes are just immediately drawn to him because he demands and his abilities are there to be seen.

snip

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Then get him playing more in the first team! He has already shown that he can play in Jorginho's role or Kovasic's

On 25/09/2019 at 10:09 PM, 1905didierblue said:

Slow? Are you sure your not meaning another player? Ive seen him play for Rangers youth teams, Scotland u21s and now for us and slow is something I wouldnt say about Billy Gilmour. He is not slow. Hes not Usain Bolt but slow, for a midfield player, no chance.

11 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Slow? Are you sure your not meaning another player? Ive seen him play for Rangers youth teams, Scotland u21s and now for us and slow is something I wouldnt say about Billy Gilmour. He is not slow. Hes not Usain Bolt but slow, for a midfield player, no chance.

Maybe. Honestly have not seen Gilmour much except for sheffield and grimsby. Just a sense I got. Hopefully I am wrong.