Billy Gilmour

the wes

Billy Clifford Gilmour (born 11 June 2001) is a Scottish footballer who plays as a midfielder for Premier League club Chelsea, where he is a member of the under-23 squad. He was previously with Rangers, where he developed through the club's academy and trained with the first team squad at the age of 15. He joined Chelsea in 2017 after turning down a professional contract with Rangers. He has represented Scotland at under-16, under-17 and under-21 levels.

Frank Lampard has been full of praise for Chelsea wonderkid Billy Gilmour and has hinted that he could play some part in the first team squad this season

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/billy-gilmour-frank-lampard-chelsea-16581001

3 hours ago, the wes said:

Maybe we will get to see in the Carabao Cup this season 

He and Mount so look like they will possibly be ballers at EPL level someday

they both have great attitudes too and seem to love the club

shame we cannot do a brain graft onto CHO from them

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

He and Mount so look like they will possibly be ballers at EPL level someday

they both have great attitudes too and seem to love the club

shame we cannot do a brain graft onto CHO from them

I can see a bit of Frenkie de Jong in Gilmour the way he passes the ball around the pitch 

Think he will be in around the squad this year.

Really have high hopes for him, followed him when he was at Rangers along with Karamoko Dembele (seen him make his Celtic debut vs Hearts in May, he looked exciting and most importantly wasnt phased by it, obviously 1 first team game but hes done well for youth teams and in pre season with Celtic too).

As a Scot these 2 could be huge players for the NT and at club level. Would say that while he maybe looks sinilar to Modric or de Jong as he is mobile, can dribble but he also has a bit of Cesc in him too, he is excellent at providing the final pass and that as a midfielder is a huge strength obviously along with a good range of passing.

He and Mount (who I had reservations about slightly) have looked like they want to be in the first team when they've played, along with confidence in their own ability. 

Time will tell obviously and weve seen before its easy to get carried away with young players but you never know. I do think if we offload Bakayoko and Drinkwater it gives them 2 and also Ampadu a chance to get more minutes.

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think he will be in around the squad this year.

Really have high hopes for him, followed him when he was at Rangers along with Karamoko Dembele (seen him make his Celtic debut vs Hearts in May, he looked exciting and most importantly wasnt phased by it, obviously 1 first team game but hes done well for youth teams and in pre season with Celtic too).

As a Scot these 2 could be huge players for the NT and at club level. Would say that while he maybe looks sinilar to Modric or de Jong as he is mobile, can dribble but he also has a bit of Cesc in him too, he is excellent at providing the final pass and that as a midfielder is a huge strength obviously along with a good range of passing.

He and Mount (who I had reservations about slightly) have looked like they want to be in the first team when they've played, along with confidence in their own ability. 

Time will tell obviously and weve seen before its easy to get carried away with young players but you never know. I do think if we offload Bakayoko and Drinkwater it gives them 2 and also Ampadu a chance to get more minutes.

You will need to start appointing more progressive managers if you want to get to the best out of these lads.

Steve Clarke could be better but is allright however any more appointments like Strachan or McLeish would just be an absolute waste of what looks to be a promising generation you have coming up (alongside the likes of Tierney and Robertson already there).

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

You will need to start appointing more progressive managers if you want to get to the best out of these lads.

Steve Clarke could be better but is allright however any more appointments like Strachan or McLeish would just be an absolute waste of what looks to be a promising generation you have coming up (alongside the likes of Tierney and Robertson already there).

Definitely but I think the mantra with the SFA is purely to appoint Scottish managers. Especially after the Berti Vogts experience all those years ago. 

Its difficult because obviously McLeish  for me, is well past his sell by date and Strachan who had started well fucked himself in the end and resigned. He had a real real chance of securing qualification for the Euros a few years back but by being stubborn starting shite like Chris Martin ahead of Leigh Griffiths had been on fire having scored like god knows mayne 15-20 a sesson in the previous seasons at a standard which is hardly that inferior to the championship in all honesty. As well as a few others like James Morrison and refusing to integrate younger players who are now involved with the squad. But yeah, it could take a manager from outside of Scotland to reslly push these guys on although what Steve Clarke did at Kilmarnock was really quite extrodinary taking where they were when he came in at first and the budget he was on to get a shot for European football. Antonio Conte's assistant is in there now so he could reap the rewards.

Anyway the standard of youngsters and players in general is gradually improving. Ryan Fraser, Karamoko Dembele, Kieran Tierney, Andy Robertson, John McGinn, Billy Gilmour, Greg Taylor etc. Just have to hope these kids dont get tempted to move to the PL before its too soon like Feruz. Better for the Scottish game too and then when their ready to move on they can go, bring money into the club. 

• 1 month later...
On 15/07/2019 at 8:15 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Definitely but I think the mantra with the SFA is purely to appoint Scottish managers. Especially after the Berti Vogts experience all those years ago. 

Its difficult because obviously McLeish  for me, is well past his sell by date and Strachan who had started well fucked himself in the end and resigned. He had a real real chance of securing qualification for the Euros a few years back but by being stubborn starting shite like Chris Martin ahead of Leigh Griffiths had been on fire having scored like god knows mayne 15-20 a sesson in the previous seasons at a standard which is hardly that inferior to the championship in all honesty. As well as a few others like James Morrison and refusing to integrate younger players who are now involved with the squad. But yeah, it could take a manager from outside of Scotland to reslly push these guys on although what Steve Clarke did at Kilmarnock was really quite extrodinary taking where they were when he came in at first and the budget he was on to get a shot for European football. Antonio Conte's assistant is in there now so he could reap the rewards.

Anyway the standard of youngsters and players in general is gradually improving. Ryan Fraser, Karamoko Dembele, Kieran Tierney, Andy Robertson, John McGinn, Billy Gilmour, Greg Taylor etc. Just have to hope these kids dont get tempted to move to the PL before its too soon like Feruz. Better for the Scottish game too and then when their ready to move on they can go, bring money into the club. 

I've been a big fan of Dembele's since I saw video of him aged 14. I'd been looking forward to his debut for along time but in the event didn't see the game against Hearts. I did read rave reviews of his cameo in that game though. Can't remember the exact wording but one report said something like he ran the game after coming on. Having since seen the YouTube clip that was a typical bit of over the top, honeymoon style, reporting. He showed a glimpse of his talent but his actual output wasn't much above OK. He's still a huge talent though and I can't wait to see how he progresses.

I don't agree that Feruz could have amounted to anything had he not left Celtic when he did. First time I saw him in a youth game at The Bridge he annoyed me so much, I posted to say that whoever recruited him should be sacked. I thought him an ordinary player with a poor attitude. I hated the Sturrridge like way he hogged the ball, but showed his displeasure very visibly at any teammate who didn't pass to him. I didn't rate him and I didn't like him. Nothing about his career trajectory so far has surprised me in the least.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, !Hazard! said:

Extremely impressive performance from this young lad! Bossed the midfield with sharp creative passing, can shield the ball under pressure and dribble his way out of it like a seasoned veteran.

I think that he would be a perfect for the Jorginho role in the future. Especially considering the fact that he can play those Fabrepasses we are missing and Jorginho can´t play them.