Kawasaki Frontale 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

3 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Just from defenders' and midfielders' positioning during goalkick we can see that Frankball isn't all THAT different from Sarriball. Evolution rather than a revolution

Yeah a guy who has been manager for 1 year could do that.. 

One good thing Hazard's departure will bring is better collective pressing, as we are seeing today. The pressing and ball retention has been a real plus point although the lack of clear chances is a bit worrying.

Michy looks like he's majorly improved in his hold up play but going wait until the real stuff starts for a proper assessment. Mount looks like he's made for a Chelsea shirt, should be starting over Ross for me.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

One good thing Hazard's departure will bring is better collective pressing, as we are seeing today. The pressing and ball retention has been a real plus point although the lack of clear chances is a bit worrying.

Michy looks like he's majorly improved in his hold up play but going wait until the real stuff starts for a proper assessment. Mount looks like he's made for a Chelsea shirt, should be starting over Ross for me.

Just because you said that watch Barkley get an Hat trick in the second half :D

27 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Yeah a guy who has been manager for 1 year could do that.. 

Its not just about that. I mean as somebody who watches the SPL even Neil McCan had Dundee setting up like that to play out but the lack of trust and goos combinations from his players made it difficult to sustain.

Positioning players for that style of football is easy maybe at the likes of goal kicks or whatever but coaching them to continously play like that under high pressure and difficult high quality teams is a different level. Everyones got to know where to stand or when to be in a position to relieve pressure off their team mates and know where they are etc to make quick one and 2 touch combinations to break a press. I dont think we struggled getting out of our half last season doing this, which meant Sarri laid the groundwork. Hopefully Frank can maintain this and improve our offensive play.