test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Kawasaki Frontale 1-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

70 posts in this topic

Just from defenders' and midfielders' positioning during goalkick we can see that Frankball isn't all THAT different from Sarriball. Evolution rather than a revolution

Tomo and Strike like this

2 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Zouma, Alonso and Caballero in there so its not really a surprise now is it

Along with Luiz who can make random silly errors.

Yeah you're right it's not a surprise now I look at it

3 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Just from defenders' and midfielders' positioning during goalkick we can see that Frankball isn't all THAT different from Sarriball. Evolution rather than a revolution

Yeah a guy who has been manager for 1 year could do that.. 

We are 6's and 7's at the back. Zouma and Luiz are not a partnership I want to see a lot of.

Azpi tossing in crosses and the height simply isn't there. Its a typical pre-season game in terms of sloppy first touches, bad decisions and lack of communication.

One good thing Hazard's departure will bring is better collective pressing, as we are seeing today. The pressing and ball retention has been a real plus point although the lack of clear chances is a bit worrying.

Michy looks like he's majorly improved in his hold up play but going wait until the real stuff starts for a proper assessment. Mount looks like he's made for a Chelsea shirt, should be starting over Ross for me.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

One good thing Hazard's departure will bring is better collective pressing, as we are seeing today. The pressing and ball retention has been a real plus point although the lack of clear chances is a bit worrying.

Michy looks like he's majorly improved in his hold up play but going wait until the real stuff starts for a proper assessment. Mount looks like he's made for a Chelsea shirt, should be starting over Ross for me.

Just because you said that watch Barkley get an Hat trick in the second half :D

Vesper likes this

27 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Yeah a guy who has been manager for 1 year could do that.. 

Its not just about that. I mean as somebody who watches the SPL even Neil McCan had Dundee setting up like that to play out but the lack of trust and goos combinations from his players made it difficult to sustain.

Positioning players for that style of football is easy maybe at the likes of goal kicks or whatever but coaching them to continously play like that under high pressure and difficult high quality teams is a different level. Everyones got to know where to stand or when to be in a position to relieve pressure off their team mates and know where they are etc to make quick one and 2 touch combinations to break a press. I dont think we struggled getting out of our half last season doing this, which meant Sarri laid the groundwork. Hopefully Frank can maintain this and improve our offensive play.  

1905didierblue and !Hazard! like this

Haven't been able to see it. How we playing. Better than the nil nil suggests or is it the usual. Good build up and missed chances?

That geezer when he didn't get the corner ha ha. Wonder what his reaction would be like if he was denied an injury time goal in a big match might be footballs first ever on pitch hari kari !

Vesper likes this