St. Patrick's Athletic 0-4 Chelsea

Jase

I was always looking forward to this one more even before tonights game, more first teamers and less will never make it youngsters/loanee's on display.  Most if not all of the 22 players will have something to play for as opposed to the likes of Piazon, Baker, Ugbo etc who were just there to make up the numbers before disappearing again.

If someone told me Bohemians and St. Patrick's Athletic were made up videogame team names I'd believe them.

Literally never heard of these clubs before. 😂

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

If someone told me Bohemians and St. Patrick's Athletic were made up videogame team names I'd believe them.

Literally never heard of these clubs before. 😂

Well they are both teams in the Irish premier divison (no 3 and 4). They are in the middle of the season, so no wonder they look sharper than us. i just wonder why we even go to Ireland, there is hardly any marketing potential there with that few dozens of population. 

I expect our showing to be similar to what we saw earlier. Those games in Ireland really are obviously just to get us going quickly physically against way fitter opposition. So i wouldn't read much into this. I expect this one to be a similar shit-show performance wise with all oru players being super rusty and the youth were obviously still very green. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Well they are both teams in the Irish premier divison (no 3 and 4). They are in the middle of the season, so no wonder they look sharper than us. i just wonder why we even go to Ireland, there is hardly any marketing potential there with that few dozens of population. 

I expect our showing to be similar to what we saw earlier. Those games in Ireland really are obviously just to get us going quickly physically against way fitter opposition. So i wouldn't read much into this. I expect this one to be a similar shit-show performance wise with all oru players being super rusty and the youth were obviously still very green. 

Plus the kids we played we dross and have been sent back. 

Let's see Mount and Abraham. 

Gilmour caught by eye as did Maatsen. 

59 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Plus the kids we played we dross and have been sent back. 

Let's see Mount and Abraham. 

Gilmour caught by eye as did Maatsen. 

Maatsen is one of those I never heard befroe. Was decent tho, still only 17 and playing i an position where we are not exactly loaded with quality.  Given he will be kept on, he will have more chances to how himself. 

gilmour reminded me a bit of mceachran back in the days, lots of nice play but not really the conviction behind his actions to actually score. 

Mount and Abraham i am also really looking forward to. Esp abraham. If he hits the ground running, he could really help us this season. 

Looks as though Frank is going very experimental in these first couple of preseason games. Really trying to see what he's got on his hands with several different formations. This starting one should be interesting.