St. Patrick's Athletic 0-4 Chelsea

Jase

3 hours ago, communicate said:

Let see what will happen defensively when we play jorginho in 4231 next to kante. 

Kante - jorgi

Rudi - luiz

That is how we will defend. It mean Jorginho has to cover winger area. I can see many nightmare scenario. 

People said the same when we had the blip last season but he adapted to the league and showed he is more than able to do the defensive side of the game. Generally dont think it will be as huge an issue. 

People said the same when we had the blip last season but he adapted to the league and showed he is more than able to do the defensive side of the game. Generally dont think it will be as huge an issue. 
Jorginho's defending is unbelievably underrated.

He's terrible when defending in open space, as he gets beat by strength and speed pretty easily. But he is brilliant at pressing, brilliant at interceptions, and works tremendously hard. He is a great "team defender" if that makes sense. He also isn't afraid to stuck in.

I just get tires of the myth that jorginho is terrible at the defensive side of the game. It's just not true, especially when pressing is the most important way to defend in modern football.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You basically just said that he cannot play 4231 where the two fb go up. 

No, I didn't. That's simply one part of defending in that formation and situation. That is not going to happen near as often as you make it sound. The pros FAR outweigh the cons of his defending. My whole point was showing the bigger picture but you decided to narrow it down to one type of situation.

1 hour ago, Miguelito said:

No, I didn't. That's simply one part of defending in that formation and situation. That is not going to happen near as often as you make it sound. The pros FAR outweigh the cons of his defending. My whole point was showing the bigger picture but you decided to narrow it down to one type of situation.

Transition defense is extremely important. It is even more important in EPL where the game is faster and more up and down. Plus Lampard want to play faster and more direct which mean you will lose the ball more which mean more transition opportunity for other team. 

If we play 4231 with 2 fb push up, that will happen, if one of the fb stay back. Either kante or Jorginho need to push up, but everyone want kante to be the deepest midfielder otherwise we are going to play the same as Sarri last season