Super Frank Thread

22 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Emery got sacked because he never knew what formation got the best out of the team. 

Emery didn't even know his best XI/team, never mind the formation. At least Lampard's picks for midfield and attack are pretty much set, barring some rotation or tactical choices. It's only the defence where it's still a bit of a mess. 

As long as he doesn‘t lose the dressing room and the players are responding, I don‘t think the sack would be justified since that was the problem with the managers before.

Conte was tactically astute but his European record is terrible and his man-management went  down the drain eventually. So Lamps at least has the right to get one full summer and one full summer window.

Thing is never expected top 4...if we hadn't had that decent run expectations probably wouldn't be so high. I expected games like this though maybe not so close together.

It's just the same mistakes that are pissing me off. Nothing is learnt. We take steps forward and leaps back. Hopefully we can use the window to create something. If we dont get top 4 meh. Didnt expect it. If we lose it faffing then hmmm. 

Not sure what is going on. Clearly the players are not clicking the way they used to in the beginning of the season. The hunger, the running is gone. Maybe the atmosphere is not as great and Lamps fails to motivate them now the buzz is gone.

he never struck me as an extrovert guy who takes the players with him but more like a calm, well-spoken politician so maybe a better chairman than manager.

anyway time will tell. He might still come out good. The problem is pretty evident and I am sure he will figure out a solution at some point.

Some facts..

1). Lampard was praised for spuds  but needs to be questioned today

2). Every Chelsea defender right now is suspect

3). Chelsea need to spend in January if they want top 4

4). The win against spuds looks like a fluke

5). Kovacic is Chelsea’s most important player

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It's only the defence where it's still a bit of a mess. 

erm

beg to differ

a shit team fielding a number of scrubs clean-sheeted us

at home, a place we went 88 unbeaten back in the day

Bournemouth shut us out as well, at the Bridge

we scored 1 v Everton

West Ham clean-sheeted us at home

the last time we scored more than 2 goals in a league game was 2 months ago, v Burnley, 5 days before Halloween

Just now, Vesper said:

erm

beg to differ

we scored 1 v Everton

the last time we scored more than 2 goals in a league game was 2 months ago, v Burnley, 5 days before Halloween

Read the post again. I was talking about the team selection. 

Just now, Jason said:

Read the post again. I was talking about the team selection. 

well, those players selected are tanking in all aspects

this has been years in the making

it isn't like it is all on Lampard

but he better start figuring things out quick

and this can absolutely spiral out of control quickly

he lacks experience badly

I think too many are pinning hopes on 3 players we probably will not get

Sancho and Werner and Chilwell

I do not like our odds on any of them

that does not depress me as I have plan B

and Plan C

BUT I do not think the club has acceptable ones from all that I have seen

I think if we miss out on all three we could end up make horrid buys or even, in some cases not buys at all

and I see a massive reluctance to sell shit players and also a lot of Marina bullshit game-playing as well, or call it Roman/Arkadiy game playing if you do not want to give Marina full blame

I think there re HUGE question marks out there

AC and Zouma are shit and need to go, and the other 2 are not exactly playing like great CB's atm

CHO and RLC Achilles, with CHO looking wrecked for now, maybe perm, and RLC worrying me even more as his was worse

Kante, what are we going to do with him, as he is being wasted AND DEVALUED atm

3 of our four FB' are dogshit, to keep them all is cray stupid, and Azpi is only going to get worse and worse, we have waited too long to get rid of those 3 and now it is going to fuck us hard, perhaps ruin-the-season-along-with-other things hard

Jorginho looks a luxury player, he need a real hard DMF and refuse to play Kante there now, we seems built for only one system

none of our current MFers other than MAYBE Mount can score

3 of our 4 wingers are shit, and the 4th, Pulisic is still so young. Willian only is going to have to stay because we cannot buy so many at once, AND he may simply say fuck it and leave on a free anyway

Tammy is a decent player ATM, but I do not feel atm he is remotely enough

the other 2 CF's are dogshit, and people who think we cannot have 2 good CF's are just tragically wrong, Tammy cannot play and carry the team 55 games a year or so

if the team thinks like they do, and tries and roll like that for the next two season, we will be fucked, as in possible bottom half fucked, especially if most of the other things above are not addressed as well

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

Nagelsmann all day long over Ten Hag.

Nobody over Frank, I still believe.

No just you but all the knockers.

Disappointments along the way yes, we surely knew this was going to happen, if anybody didn't then you were or are deluded.

I don't mean you Vesp:D it's the bleedin' knockers on here.

2 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Nobody over Frank, I still believe.

No just you but all the knockers.

Disappointments along the way yes, we surely knew this was going to happen, if anybody didn't then you were or are deluded.

I don't mean you Vesp:D it's the bleedin' knockers on here.

I was only speaking in regards to no Lamps

either before, or dog forbid, if he was sacked

we really would have to collapse for him to get sacked atm

missing out on top 4 will not do it

I do not think missing out on top 7 would, BUT it might

it is Roman after all

probably not even then

utter collapse to bottom half and down then yes

for sure

it would have to be done at that point I would think, but I am sure many will disagree even then

it all depends on the moves we make in the next two windows for me

we have large systemic issues at every position, literally

some are urgent, like LB, winger, CF and CMF and even, if RLC is fucked u for a year or two, which IS so possible, then AMF as well

Kante needs to be sorted for good as well as this is the last summer we can get over £100m for him and it is madness to keep him if we are just going to pure-waste him where he plays now. HE will never be a great forward surging CMF, it is simply not his skillset. He was and is and will be a disruptor

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

well, those players selected are tanking in all aspects

this has been years in the making

it isn't like it is all on Lampard

but he better start figuring things out quick

and this can absolutely spiral out of control quickly

he lacks experience badly

I think too many are pinning hopes on 3 players we probably will not get

Sancho and Werner and Chilwell

I do not like our odds on any of them

that does not depress me as I have plan B

and Plan C

BUT I do not think the club has acceptable ones from all that I have seen

I think if we miss out on all three we could end up make horrid buys or even, in some cases not buys at all

and I see a massive reluctance to sell shit players and also a lot of Marina bullshit game-playing as well, or call it Roman/Arkadiy game playing if you do not want to give Marina full blame

I think there re HUGE question marks out there

AC and Zouma are shit and need to go, and the other 2 are not exactly playing like great CB's atm

CHO and RLC Achilles, with CHO looking wrecked for now, maybe perm, and RLC worrying me even more as his was worse

Kante, what are we going to do with him, as he is being wasted AND DEVALUED atm

3 of our four FB' are dogshit, to keep them all is cray stupid, and Azpi is only going to get worse and worse, we have waited too long to get rid of those 3 and now it is going to fuck us hard, perhaps ruin-the-season-along-with-other things hard

Jorginho looks a luxury player, he need a real hard DMF and refuse to play Kante there now, we seems built for only one system

none of our current MFers other than MAYBE Mount can score

3 of our 4 wingers are shit, and the 4th, Pulisic is still so young. Willian only is going to have to stay because we cannot buy so many at once, AND he may simply say fuck it and leave on a free anyway

Tammy is a decent player ATM, but I do not feel atm he is remotely enough

the other 2 CF's are dogshit, and people who think we cannot have 2 good CF's are just tragically wrong, Tammy cannot play and carry the team 55 games a year or so

if the team thinks like they do, and tries and roll like that for the next two season, we will be fucked, as in possible bottom half fucked, especially if most of the other things above are not addressed as well

That wasn't the point of debate but yeah, okay.

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

erm

beg to differ

we scored 1 v Everton

I really feel for Lamps, he def could have had it easier, sure he is a rookie, sure he is making some ballistic mistakes, but the board is the main issue for me. They have let this team go so stale, have settled with either average or spent players, have bought so many dross for so much Money.....they are inept simple. The decision makers have ruined it and it will take time to even come close rectifying it.....and thats if they do make the correct decisions now and in the future. My point is we are fucked from higher up all the way to the field.