test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Super Frank Thread

Started by Jason,

905 posts in this topic
19 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Petr in coaching gear working with Kepa is a worrying photograph. It's not news to anyone that Petr's role is undifined, but we need him to work out a function where he operates with the executives of the club. Instead that photograph suggests he is tempted to gravitate toward what he knows, the training ground.

Obviously there is no problem with Petr attending training. He needs to take a step back from hands-on involvement however. His brief now is to observe, assess and advise. Importantly, that advice needs to flow upward. It's perfectly natural for Frank and Petr to trust each other, so if the new manager wants to use his mate as a sounding board that's fine. If Petr allows this to become his role however, he'll be letting the club down. I'll be more encouraged if I see him wearing shirt and tie at least as often as training tops and boots.

Of course, it's entirely possible that Petr is just having a chat with Kepa. :)

 

I don't think it's anything like that. All the pictures and videos so far of the keepers training has been Hilario doing it. As you said it could simply just be an innocent chat, but even if it is a bit of advice we're talking about a genuine world class talent back in his prime, Kepa would be stupid not to pick that brain sometimes if its available to him.

Emenalo was regularly seen watching at the training ground, and kitted in training gear so again I wouldn't read much into this.

It's a very weird summer. With no work needed on transfers in, it actually gives Cech opportunity to concentrate on what is at the club already and the chance to work closely with Lampard and the coaches whilst on tour in pre season. It was detailed when he was appointed that part of his role would be acting as a link between board and coach and he can focus on this element at present. Lampard being inexperienced himself will need as much support as possible from all corners. Cech would obviously know Lampard well from a team-mate previously but their relationship now needs to be altered somewhat due to their different roles within the club so its a good chance for both to adapt to this.

Don't forget too that it also works both ways. The board will also likely want feedback from Cech with regard to the playing and coaching staff; his role in and around the training ground won't comprise solely of supporting Lamps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GOALKEEPERS: Arrizabalaga, Caballero, Cumming

DEFENDERS: Alonso, Azpilicueta, Christensen, David Luiz, Emerson, Tomori, Zappacosta, Zouma

MIDFIELDERS: Barkley, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Jorginho, Kanté, Kovačić, Mount

FORWARDS: Abraham, Batshuayi, Giroud, Kenedy, Palmer, Pedro (+Pulisic)

25-member squad flying to Japan for pre-season tour.

Reece, Ampadu, Willian, RLC and CHO are yet to join up so I imagine they will replace Zappa, Baka, Palmer, Drinkwater and Kennedy/Alonso? :D


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Strike said:

GOALKEEPERS: Arrizabalaga, Caballero, Cumming

DEFENDERS: Alonso, Azpilicueta, Christensen, David Luiz, Emerson, Tomori, Zappacosta, Zouma

MIDFIELDERS: Barkley, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Jorginho, Kanté, Kovačić, Mount

FORWARDS: Abraham, Batshuayi, Giroud, Kenedy, Palmer, Pedro (+Pulisic)

25-member squad flying to Japan for pre-season tour.

Reece, Ampadu, Willian, RLC and CHO are yet to join up so I imagine they will replace Zappa, Baka, Palmer, Drinkwater and Kennedy/Alonso? :D


 

Reece -- Zappa

Willian -- Kenedy

CHO -- Palmer

RLC -- Drinkwater

Ampadu - Loan

Strike likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bosnian Blue said:

Ampadu should have travelled instead of Drinkwater/Bakayoko. He's already a better player than both of those guys.

I think it is the right call to send him on loan as he needs games ... With Kante, Kovasic, Mount (he will get games), Jorginho, Barkley, RLC we have the midfield covered (I feel) and Ampadu wouldnt get much games this season. 

Yes he is a better player than Drinkwater.Bakayoko :)

Bosnian Blue and Fernando like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

I think it is the right call to send him on loan as he needs games ... With Kante, Kovasic, Mount (he will get games), Jorginho, Barkley, RLC we have the midfield covered (I feel) and Ampadu wouldnt get much games this season. 

Yes he is a better player than Drinkwater.Bakayoko :)

Yes, I saw Frank's quotes about Ampadu and he is absolutely right. The lad could really benefit from a good quality loan where he could play week in week out. I hope its a Premiership team rather than Championship as I think he is already ready for the PL but the most important thing is the kid getting chances. 

coolhead23 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

Yes, I saw Frank's quotes about Ampadu and he is absolutely right. The lad could really benefit from a good quality loan where he could play week in week out. I hope its a Premiership team rather than Championship as I think he is already ready for the PL but the most important thing is the kid getting chances. 

I think Championship would be an ideal place ... Less pressure and more opportunity (if he is really is good) as compared to the PL. Like u said, he needs more chances ... day in day out to be considered next season at the Bridge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

I think Championship would be an ideal place ... Less pressure and more opportunity (if he is really is good) as compared to the PL. Like u said, he needs more chances ... day in day out to be considered next season at the Bridge. 

I would agree with this, I'd much rather see him playing in the Championship and playing regularly every week, getting that rhythm and experience to his game that he needs compared to possibly a Premier League role where he's not a regular fixture. The club also needs to make a decision on where they see his future, whether its as a defender or midfielder because ideally he should be playing for a team that need him for the position we see him likely to develop in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mana said:

Next month. ;)

Its a serious question, why is the Supercup symbol on the wall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

Its a serious question, why is the Supercup symbol on the wall?

In error. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

Its a serious question, why is the Supercup symbol on the wall?

I want to say that's the Intertoto Cup he won with West Ham in 1999 but that doesn't look like the trophy..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member