Super Frank Thread

6 hours ago, Strike said:

Wan Bisakka is a good buy. A Right-back who lets very little past him and is technically good. I think he is the 3rd RB in the league after Trent and Ricardo Pereira who are both ridiculously good. But we do have James so not overly concerned with missing out on AWB.

Wan Bisakka was born in the wrong era.

As good as he is defensively he offers next to nothing going forward which will always hold him back from truly establishing himself.

36 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Wan Bisakka was born in the wrong era.

As good as he is defensively he offers next to nothing going forward which will always hold him back from truly establishing himself.

But he does perfectly suit United at present.

18 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Can't believe what I'm reading last couple of days. Some wants him out? He is overachieving in terms of results this season plus integration of young players... What more people want?? Just three points behind City and how much money they have spent? Not to mention Spurs, Arsenal and Utd... Some of the fans...:wank2:

This sounds a bit entitled, we are all fans and we have different opinions there is nothing wrong with that, just like last year some fans didnt like Sarri but some fans supported him. Frankly you are incorrect when it comes to spending Chelsea have spent the 3rd most money since 2015 on transfers. Just last night's starting 11, Kepa 72 million  Emerson 23mill, Zouma 12-18 million, Rudiger 34 million, Azpi 7 millon, Jorginho 56 million, Kovacic 50 million, Kante 32 Million, Pulisic 60 million, willian 32 million and Tammy 0. Michy a 32 million sub came on too. I dont understand this Man City spend massively over us, we spend but waste our money on the wrong players, we can only hope we spend wisely moving forward but the argument about money is definitely misplaced, Man City spend big but we are not far off. Dont forget we spend another 70 million on Morata, 42 million on Bakayoko. I am skeptical about Lampard for example but I agree he needs time to prove himself since he hasn't gotten a transfer window. 

1 hour ago, Vybz Kartel said:

This sounds a bit entitled, we are all fans and we have different opinions there is nothing wrong with that, just like last year some fans didnt like Sarri but some fans supported him. Frankly you are incorrect when it comes to spending Chelsea have spent the 3rd most money since 2015 on transfers. Just last night's starting 11, Kepa 72 million  Emerson 23mill, Zouma 12-18 million, Rudiger 34 million, Azpi 7 millon, Jorginho 56 million, Kovacic 50 million, Kante 32 Million, Pulisic 60 million, willian 32 million and Tammy 0. Michy a 32 million sub came on too. I dont understand this Man City spend massively over us, we spend but waste our money on the wrong players, we can only hope we spend wisely moving forward but the argument about money is definitely misplaced, Man City spend big but we are not far off. Dont forget we spend another 70 million on Morata, 42 million on Bakayoko. I am skeptical about Lampard for example but I agree he needs time to prove himself since he hasn't gotten a transfer window. 

I think the only people coming off as entitled are the ones who are ridiculously wanting lamps out. Out for what? Reaching the knock out stage of CL? Changing the whole identity of the club and the way we play that "better" and experienced managers could not? Despite losing our best attacker permanently, not having our best CB till now and our best midfielder missing for large chunks of the season. And none of the injuries/transfers were his fault. So what do these "fans" want him out for? Just because he is inexperienced? Or that the young team was going through a hard spell that most knew would happen at some time. This "every opinion should be respected" is a piece of shit. The opinion should be respected if the opinion merits respect. Racists people also have an "opinion", does not mean it deserved to be heard. "Frankout" does not merit respect in any way. He has surpassed almost all of our expectations so far. People thought we would not make top 6, and here we are in 4th and just 3 points behind city. That too with a complete youth revolution. Not just 1/2 odd players, but mount, Tammy, tomori, Reece, CHO. All of them. 

Now coming to spend, the club buying bakayoko and drinkwater is hardly lamps' fault now. The point people are making is that, currently lamps is just working with what he has. And he has a lot of dross. Barkley, Alonso, giroud, Pedro, michy won't be here at the start of next season, I can say that with all confidence. The squad lacks depth in quality. And yet we are doing well. Also, we might "spend" a lot, but it's of no use when we sell those players a year or 2 down the line. Since 15/16, we have a net spend lesser than city, United, arsenal, wolves, everton, Leicester, whu, Brighton, Bournemouth, Newcastle and villa.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.in/premier-league/fuenfjahresvergleich/wettbewerb/GB1

15 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

I think the only people coming off as entitled are the ones who are ridiculously wanting lamps out. Out for what? Reaching the knock out stage of CL? Changing the whole identity of the club and the way we play that "better" and experienced managers could not? Despite losing our best attacker permanently, not having our best CB till now and our best midfielder missing for large chunks of the season. And none of the injuries/transfers were his fault. So what do these "fans" want him out for? Just because he is inexperienced? Or that the young team was going through a hard spell that most knew would happen at some time. This "every opinion should be respected" is a piece of shit. The opinion should be respected if the opinion merits respect. Racists people also have an "opinion", does not mean it deserved to be heard. "Frankout" does not merit respect in any way. He has surpassed almost all of our expectations so far. People thought we would not make top 6, and here we are in 4th and just 3 points behind city. That too with a complete youth revolution. Not just 1/2 odd players, but mount, Tammy, tomori, Reece, CHO. All of them. 

Now coming to spend, the club buying bakayoko and drinkwater is hardly lamps' fault now. The point people are making is that, currently lamps is just working with what he has. And he has a lot of dross. Barkley, Alonso, giroud, Pedro, michy won't be here at the start of next season, I can say that with all confidence. The squad lacks depth in quality. And yet we are doing well. Also, we might "spend" a lot, but it's of no use when we sell those players a year or 2 down the line. Since 15/16, we have a net spend lesser than city, United, arsenal, wolves, everton, Leicester, whu, Brighton, Bournemouth, Newcastle and villa.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.in/premier-league/fuenfjahresvergleich/wettbewerb/GB1

Our starting 11 was worth more than 300 million last night thats more than our 3 group stage opponents starting 11s combined. Also are you comparing having a different opinion about Lampard to racism?? Clearly you have a low bar on racism then. So Sarri's critics last season were wrong for disagreeing. This is a discussion forum for Chelsea topics and we are allowed to have different opinions. Some people dont rate Willian and some people do, that doesnt mean we dont respect each other's opinion. Its entitlement thinking your opinion is only the only valid one. 

8 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Our starting 11 was worth more than 300 million last night thats more than our 3 group stage opponents starting 11s combined. Also are you comparing having a different opinion about Lampard to racism?? Clearly you have a low bar on racism then. So Sarri's critics last season were wrong for disagreeing. This is a discussion forum for Chelsea topics and we are allowed to have different opinions. Some people dont rate Willian and some people do, that doesnt mean we dont respect each other's opinion. Its entitlement thinking your opinion is only the only valid one. 

What does squad cost have to do with any of this? We go with a philosophy of one in and one out. If we have a hazard who we sell for 100m and replace him with pulisic for 60m, we are making money, but our squad cost is increasing as hazard was bought for just 30m. In short, we are losing quality, making money and playing better football than any of our previous manager could have us play that way. and yet you are complaining about how much our squad costed.

Did you care to read about the context that I used "racism" in. It was just to say that not every opinion is worth respecting. 

Sarri's critics had a very valid point about our performances being abject and the club not looking to go in the right direction. Also fuck sarri and fuck his critics. I asked you for your reasoning of wanting lamps sacked. Why are you digressing? Tell me why should the club sack him. I would sack the manager for the following reasons:

1. Poor results - ours have been good. Exceeding expectations.

2. Poor performance - ours has been good. Exceeding expectations massively. 

3. Youth integration - exceeding expectation.

4. Environment - A+. And very positive. 

5. Poor transfer - has not had a chance.

Might be missing something's, but would say these are the broad points. Where has lamps gone wrong that he deserves the sack, cause at this moment, he looks to be doing an A+ job. 

If someone tomorrow says that bakayoko is a better footballer than Messi, and he wants respect for his opinion, would you give it? Calling what opinion for what it is will not be "entitled" it would be common sense and the right thing to do. 

Asking for lampard to be sacked has to be the most ludicrous statement I have read on here which in itself is an achievement given some of the posts "fans" make. 

So stop playing the victim here. Give a sound reasoning of why lamps, who is over achieving, should be sacked. 

6 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Kovacic was £40m, not £50m

Emerson was £18m, not £23m

Azpi was £8m, not 7m

Pulisic was £57.5m

Zouma was £13m

Rudiger £31.5m

Jorginho was £50m (plus a few add-ons, some of them not hit), so £51.3m ATM

Bats was £35m,not 32m

so en toto, you overpriced by around £27m

39 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Kovacic was £40m, not £50m

Emerson was £18m, not £23m

Azpi was £8m, not 7m

Pulisic was £57.5m

Zouma was £13m

Rudiger £31.5m

Jorginho was £50m (plus a few add-ons, some of them not hit), so £51.3m ATM

Bats was £35m,not 32m

so en toto, you overpriced by around £27m

Irregardless my point still stands, we have spent money but spent it on dross. We wanted to spend 35 million on Barkley only for the injury Gods to save us. Our scouting has been poor since Emenalo left. We should have gotten VVD instead of Rudiger by the way but we went bargain shopping and spent it on an injury prone player (I love Rudi by the way) who has a history of big injuries. I bet u Saints would have accepted 50 million from us instead of Liverpool since they really didnt want to deal with them after they tapped him up. Also out of that Monaco golden generation how did we come back after scouting thinking Bakayoko is the player for us? 

50 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Irregardless my point still stands, we have spent money but spent it on dross. We wanted to spend 35 million on Barkley only for the injury Gods to save us. Our scouting has been poor since Emenalo left. We should have gotten VVD instead of Rudiger by the way but we went bargain shopping and spent it on an injury prone player (I love Rudi by the way) who has a history of big injuries. I bet u Saints would have accepted 50 million from us instead of Liverpool since they really didnt want to deal with them after they tapped him up. Also out of that Monaco golden generation how did we come back after scouting thinking Bakayoko is the player for us? 

Definitely not going to argue with you with regards to our transfer dealings. They have been extremely hit and miss for the past 5 years or so. For every Costa, there was a Morata; For every Kante, there was a Drinkwater and so on.

The reluctance of giving youth a chance has really bit us because I believe that is why we have stretched our transfer budget out over too many players. I am hoping that lessons have been learnt from that 2017 summer window which, with the exception of Rudiger, was downright embarrassing. I do feel the 2018 summer suggested we were starting to learn when buying Jorginho and Kepa and not being afraid to pay out for the right players. At the same time we were linked with Seri and Butland who would both have been significantly cheaper options and in previous seasons we may have well moved for them.

On the Van Dijk transfer, I do believe we were in for him amongst others but he had set his stall out that he wanted to move to Liverpool in a similar way to how Oxlade-Chamberlain rejected us as he only wanted to move there too. 

On the other point you've made about our levels of spending, I do think however that despite having spent a lot of money, our net spend in recent years has significantly dropped and a lot of our moves in the transfer market are well funded by player sales. I'm not saying the likes of City and United don't sell players but they don't generate near the same levels as we do from player sales.

2 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Van Dijk was never a realistic option, he wanted Liverpool and only Liverpool.

Also since we've become a more possesion based side our recruitment has by in large been excellent and well and truly made up for the 2017 disaster. We've gone from probably the worst midfield out of top half teams to the best bar City (possibly even including this season) and signed an excellent young player in Pulisic. The only real question mark is Kepa but there's scope for improvement as on form he does suit the way we play down to the ground. Even the January 2018 signings have served a decent purpose all in all, especially Giroud.

Chelsea’s shopping list for January :

- World class CB

- Striker to replace Michy and Giroud

- class LB to replace Marcos Alonso

- RW to replace Pedro/Willian

You have to show ambition in this next market, leave likeability aside and focus on the team, half of these players are just not good enough.