Super Frank Thread

On 11/15/2019 at 6:39 PM, manpe said:

Mate you can't always point at everybody else but the goalkeeper. Kepa's individiual performances have gone down, it's pretty clear to see. I hope he picks it up, periods like this are expected for such a young goalie.

Kepa is 25 and this is his 5th year as a starting keeper (4ht at top flight, and the 5th was at a club who were just in topflight)

Donnarumma and Alban Lafont have been starting keepers in topflight since they were each 16yo

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Now we have Tammy, Mount and Tomori playing for England, I'm proud like when JT and Frank did the same.

England has a golden generation. 

Like before even though I think the last generation was class. Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Cole, Scholes and such. A travesty that they could not win a major tournament. Something I see more then likely this generation will do. 

Reckon Frank will be pleased with that, albeit the result. Finishing and/or Kepa playing better meant we would have come away with three points, so room for improvement. But to go there and feel robbed is a step in the right direction.

Bruce Buck said this...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/24/roman-abramovich-no-plan-sell-chelsea-bruce-buck

“The transfer ban has led to more opportunities for the young players,” he said. “I can’t deny that if there wasn’t a transfer ban we might have splurged out on one or two or three players. So, yes, it was some of that; it was Frank Lampard, the players that were ready, a whole collection of things that resulted in where we are now. It makes Mr Abramovich very happy, because he is very interested in the academy. I would guess he’s one of the very few owners that have been to lots of academy matches.”

On 23/11/2019 at 8:43 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

or Kepa playing better meant we would have come away with three points, so room for improvement. 

What does Kepa have anything to do with the result? He made mistakes but Sterling goal was disallowed and Aguero hit the post after first Kepa mistake.