Super Frank Thread

On 04/11/2019 at 8:37 PM, Atomiswave said:

Thats a shit list bare Sancho and Chilwel.....Zaha aint Chels quality and Ake will not start ahead of those we have atm, but of course I take him any day above Alonso.

We need to add quality, quality that will slot right in the first 11.

Lamps has def done us good so far, thats for damn sure. Would any of you right now take Sarii back? Fuck no is my opinion. We have gone from stale boring and predictable footy to fast pacy and vibrant one, super direct too.

Keep up the good work Frank my man.

If Sarri came back I would 

LYrHcV.gif

On 05/11/2019 at 9:53 AM, Jason said:

Unlike Liverpool, Leicester, Sheffield and Man City, we have conceded like half from the shots on target faced. Sheffield and Leicester have conceded only 8 goals (since when Rodgers knows how to defend?), Liverpool and Man City have let in only 9 and 10 goals respectively. 

Liecester have a really solid back 4 (zero depth there though), and a rock at GK.

18 minutes ago, Mana said:

PLEASE.

Why oh WHY, is Lampard still picking Alonso?

Alonso is a bum. He's done out here. Time and time again he has shown he is awful, slow and can easily get ripped apart against quick players.

Yes I know he subbed Alonso off for the 2nd, but the damage from Ajax's first half goals were permanent.

He is a bum since the beginning of Conte's 2nd season, and that hasn't changed. He should be invisible in our squad just like what Lampard is currently doing with Pedro.

I think because of the goal he got against Newcastle and Lampard is true to his word. He gives the player chance to those that take their chances. 

Now that James produce he will start, simple as that. 

On 05/11/2019 at 8:53 AM, Jason said:

Unlike Liverpool, Leicester, Sheffield and Man City, we have conceded like half from the shots on target faced. Sheffield and Leicester have conceded only 8 goals (since when Rodgers knows how to defend?), Liverpool and Man City have let in only 9 and 10 goals respectively. 

Also defence wise when you see the full table as well its a bit worrying/annoying. 17 goals let in. Only 5 other teams have a higher amount then us.  It's silly moments. 

23 minutes ago, Mana said:

You have to make exceptions though. Alonso's deadwood and he'll always be deadwood. Harsh, but very true.

Lampard maybe a club legend, but club legends don't come with magic wands, and turn a player that has been deadfood for years into Roberto Carlos.

Just because he scored a goal against a bottom side, doesn't mean he's transformed. He's done. Bum.

Imagine Lampard going to the buffet, and on the left you have fresh, hot tasty food (James/Emerson) while on the right - dead, expired, tasteless crap (Alonso).

Lampard starts sampling the deadfood on the right and says "yuck!" before going to the left. What's the point in that?!

Alonso's done. Stop sampling him. Get rid ASAP and I don't want to see him in the shirt again bar emergencies or better players need resting.

you totally negate what I said. He was giving the time because when Emerson got injured he did good for us. 

He is just doing what he says he does, gives you gave time if you perform. 

We all know Alonso is woeful but when he took over Emerson he helped us. 

Now he's going back to the bench except another injury crisis in the defense. 

I much rather Lampard continue like this because it shows he's fair and not worried about the name but form. 

On 4/11/2019 at 8:37 PM, Atomiswave said:

Thats a shit list bare Sancho and Chilwel.....Zaha aint Chels quality and Ake will not start ahead of those we have atm, but of course I take him any day above Alonso.

We need to add quality, quality that will slot right in the first 11.

Lamps has def done us good so far, thats for damn sure. Would any of you right now take Sarii back? Fuck no is my opinion. We have gone from stale boring and predictable footy to fast pacy and vibrant one, super direct too.

Keep up the good work Frank my man.

yes but defensively there are huge problems. this squad seems to be capable to win or lose with everyone 

1 hour ago, Mana said:

So...if by chance Alonso didn't have a terribad performance last tonight, and had an average performance, we would have to keep seeing this guy and Emerson will continue to rot on the bench until Alonso fecks up?

Thank God Alonso did a 1/10 performance yesterday otherwise how long we will be seeing Alonso in the starting lineup?

Emerson is first choice, Marcos was only in last night because Lampard didn't believe the former was ready for three games in one week so soon after return.

56 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

yes but defensively there are huge problems. this squad seems to be capable to win or lose with everyone 

Klopp and even Pep had the same issues. 

Let's wait and see how we will do if we up our defense. 

One top CB would be awesome. Or if not I will settle for Chilwell. 

1 hour ago, Antonio8 said:

We have been better at it if you take our game vs Ajax away, but I agree Lamps has to focus on it and get it done.

First of all get rid of Alonso for good.

Work the issues out as much as possible and then get some quality in, cz as Fernando said even Klopp and Pep had big big issues the first 2 seasons, certainly with Klopp. Pep spent his way out of it the fucker.

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

I think because of the goal he got against Newcastle and Lampard is true to his word. He gives the player chance to those that take their chances. 

Now that James produce he will start, simple as that. 

He sure now knows better though.......I mean if that performance hasnt convinced him yet then nothing will. Im sure he has, otherwise he wouldnt have hauled his ass off.

I dont care if Alonso makes 2 assist and 3 goals a season, his general play is woeful and he keeps on costing us goals and whatnot.

I do think a bit of leeway has to be given on the defensive side of the game. Losing Hazard meant Lampard had to find goals and create chances from other sources and he has opened our team up to do so. The football has been excellent and a number of players have excelled offensively as a result to the point where we're also not solely reliant on one player like we used to be at times.

I don't feel we're as open as we were earlier in the season. Our pressing as a group has improved a lot and the gaps between defence, midfield and attack have closed up. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but we are definitely moving in the right direction and Kante back at full fitness should also improve this aspect.

The defending set pieces in my opinion has also improved compared to earlier in the season. Lampard has clearly been trying to address this as we're now setting up with a mix of man marking and zonal and it's been successful before last night. It has to be noted too that our two first choice centre backs, both big personalities to boot, from last season haven't been there. I know it was Lampard's decision to sell Luiz (and I think the right decision in the long term) but it has meant younger players assuming this role and it will take time for them to grow into that role and become leaders within that back line.

The biggest issue for me is lapses in concentration in open play at times which are either causing mistakes or bad luck. After a couple of clean sheets on the spin, we've conceded 9 goals in the last 4 games but when it's broken down 2 were penalties (which were from mistakes not great opposition play), 2 (Rodriguez and Rashford) were worldies which neither will likely re-create again this season, 1 was a fortunate deflection and 2 were own goals. It's difficult to be too critical when we have so many young players on the pitch playing because we will have to ride their inconsistencies but if we can cut out these individual mistakes and lapses in concentration I do firmly believe we can become a force with the bulk of this squad to grow and develop. 

Lampard on January signings...

https://talksport.com/football/626019/frank-lampard-exclusive-transfer-plans-embargo-appeal/

“I will cross that bridge when I come to it,” Lampard told Jim White. “I am very happy with what I’ve got, but it is something we would always look to at Chelsea.

“Can we improve in areas and only do business if we can improve and it feels it is the right thing for the group.

“Not just personnel wise, but in the balance and the way we are going.

“I will look at that one, but at the moment I can’t ask for any more.

“It’s nice that what happens at the appeal is really down the list of my priorities at the minute. The real priority is going game to game and trying to improve all the time.”

On 05/11/2019 at 0:45 AM, kellzfresh said:

We're improving

Post image

Even then if we were better defensively than we were under the first 4 or 5 weeks or so that number would be even less.

Progress has been made all over but we cant stop and be ecstatic with where we are still, we need to keep plugging away and continuously improve.

Couple of top players in certain positions will give us a boost as well. Willian can be improved upon as can Giroud and Batshuayi, although everytime Batshuayi has come on for us he looked threatening compared to when he starts and also at CB. Realisiticlly I would say in the next 2 transfer windows the likes of Giroud, Alonso, Willian (50/50 as Lamps is very keen on him), Barkley and Pedro are all possibly at risk of being replaced/upgraded upon. Also a 2nd keeper will be a needs sooner rather than later as Caballero must be around 37 or 38 by now surely.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Even then if we were better defensively than we were under the first 4 or 5 weeks or so that number would be even less.

Progress has been made all over but we cant stop and be ecstatic with where we are still, we need to keep plugging away and continuously improve.

Couple of top players in certain positions will give us a boost as well. Willian can be improved upon as can Giroud and Batshuayi, although everytime Batshuayi has come on for us he looked threatening compared to when he starts and also at CB. Realisiticlly I would say in the next 2 transfer windows the likes of Giroud, Alonso, Willian (50/50 as Lamps is very keen on him), Barkley and Pedro are all possibly at risk of being replaced/upgraded upon. Also a 2nd keeper will be a needs sooner rather than later as Caballero must be around 37 or 38 by now surely.

We need to get rid of those mentioned latest in the summer, average or deadwoods will get us no where. Now is the time to splash that cash and improve the team with quality.