Super Frank Thread

Now lets just remember we are playing this whole time without arguably our best player, best centre-back and without a very talented box-to-box midfielder who would probably make the starting XI.

Had Conte been in this situation he'd have probably strangled someone in the board.

1 minute ago, Bosnian Blue said:

Now lets just remember we are playing this whole time without arguably our best player, best centre-back and without a very talented box-to-box midfielder who would probably make the starting XI.

Had Conte been in this situation he'd have probably strangled someone in the board.

Funnily enough, Conte recently moaned in the press to the Inter board about needing more players because the squad's down to bare bones. :lol: 

Still curious as to what will happen next season as this season was always going to have a bit of leniency regarding where we finish due to the transfer ban and the sale of Eden.

When we can resign players and if we get a few top ones in, in key positions, the expectations will undoubtedly be higher and probably similar to what it was under Conte and Jose. I dont think this expectation will ever change here. Roman and the board have seen a lot of success and will want that to continue so the demands will be the same again next season I would imagine. I think Frank will know this from his time as a player here too so its nothing new.

22 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

And that's exactly why i wasn't having the excuses for those last six months.

45 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Still curious as to what will happen next season as this season was always going to have a bit of leniency regarding where we finish due to the transfer ban and the sale of Eden.

When we can resign players and if we get a few top ones in, in key positions, the expectations will undoubtedly be higher and probably similar to what it was under Conte and Jose. I dont think this expectation will ever change here. Roman and the board have seen a lot of success and will want that to continue so the demands will be the same again next season I would imagine. I think Frank will know this from his time as a player here too so its nothing new.

I think this season if we managed to get top 6 but the atmosphere was good, football was positive and the building blocks were in place for the future with regards to the younger players then I think this would be accepted by the board and give Lampard time. Perhaps the start we've made will alter those expectations although I would be surprised if Lampard wasn't given at minimum next season too, even if we were to miss out on top 4.

I think next season top 4 will be the expectation for Lampard. I don't think there will be an expectation to challenge for the title, although I think the board would like to see continued progress towards that target.

I do think that Lampard's mentality however will be to be challenging as soon as possible, he's a complete winner. Even after today's game, he wants expectations to be tempered but has already talked about perhaps looking up the table and not down it because we have the players capable.

VAR is a mess. 

I feel like VAR could be great if use properly. 

I much rather let the ref for now take control of the decision and what he decides to review in the monitor 

But the people over turning the refs call need to stop. 

Chelsea cannot just play well in short bursts, we need to sustain our form, says Frank Lampard

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/11/03/chelsea-cannot-just-play-short-bursts-need-sustain-form-says/

Frank Lampard, the manager, agreed when asked how close his team is to becoming the finished article. “At times we are certainly producing some of the form that I want from us,” he said.

“Our work off the ball in some games where we have been pushed hard, like Ajax away and Liverpool, has really pleased me.

“They have worked on that in training to a level where they are fit enough. In periods of games I am pleased with the way we combine and switch the ball. If I’ve got a gripe it is that we are not sustaining that for long enough at a time.”

His explanation? “Maybe it’s football. Look at today. Liverpool go away and are behind for long periods, Man City [too]. So maybe I’m being a bit demanding. You have to respect the opponents.

“It is not always as easy as it appears and football will always be a work in progress. We have young players who have been out on loan who have come in and are working with senior players, so things will always take time to get where you want them to get to.”

1 hour ago, milka said:

Thats a shit list bare Sancho and Chilwel.....Zaha aint Chels quality and Ake will not start ahead of those we have atm, but of course I take him any day above Alonso.

We need to add quality, quality that will slot right in the first 11.

Lamps has def done us good so far, thats for damn sure. Would any of you right now take Sarii back? Fuck no is my opinion. We have gone from stale boring and predictable footy to fast pacy and vibrant one, super direct too.

Keep up the good work Frank my man.

8 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

We're improving

Post image

Unlike Liverpool, Leicester, Sheffield and Man City, we have conceded like half from the shots on target faced. Sheffield and Leicester have conceded only 8 goals (since when Rodgers knows how to defend?), Liverpool and Man City have let in only 9 and 10 goals respectively.