Super Frank Thread

32 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

In my opinion, the most important buys are a  world class CB and a world class winger. Then I would go for a left back, so Emerson has a better back up.I would spend very big on CB and a winger

Think those positions will depend on how this season plays out.

CB - If Rudiger, Christensen and Tomori improve and play well all season, then we already have a strong core there. Not convinced about Zouma at all but I guess if he does improve etc, then he might well stay. Plus, we also have Ampadu out loan and he might be an option for the position.

Wingers - If Pulisic comes good, he'll be the 2 main choices with CHO. Then it'll come down to whether we retain Willian or Pedro or even both as their contracts expire in 2020. Hopefully, we'll do neither but think we'll retain at least one of them.

CB - If Rudiger, Christensen and Tomori improve and play well all season, then we already have a strong core there. Not convinced about Zouma at all but I guess if he does improve etc, then he might well stay. Plus, we also have Ampadu out loan and he might be an option for the position.
Wingers - If Pulisic comes good, he'll be the 2 main choices with CHO. Then it'll come down to whether we retain Willian or Pedro or even both as their contracts expire in 2020. Hopefully, we'll do neither but think we'll retain at least one of them.
The question would be if Pulisic becomes World class. Even if he becomes World class, I would go for another Winger, so er would have CHO,Pulisic and the World class winger.

Same goes for CB. Rüdiger is most of the times injured. AC for me struggles sometimes and right now, Tomori is better. I would see Tomori, Rüdiger and Mr. X as our main CBs. Maybe Guehi as no. 4 or AC if he stays.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

The question would be if Pulisic becomes World class. Even if he becomes World class, I would go for another Winger, so er would have CHO,Pulisic and the World class winger.

Like Magic Lamps said in another thread, never mind world class, if Pulisic can become effective for us in the manner Duff - for example - did in the past for us, then that's great. But yeah, we obviously need to buy a winger if we let Willian/Pedro go.

12 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Same goes for CB. Rüdiger is most of the times injured. AC for me struggles sometimes and right now, Tomori is better. I would see Tomori, Rüdiger and Mr. X as our main CBs. Maybe Guehi as no. 4 or AC if he stays.

Still early to say Rudiger has become injury prone. It's only lately we've had all these stupid injuries. If we can sort that out, then we'll be fine. 

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think we should keep Pedro as a 4th choice purely because he's been in the position these lads are in (breaking through at a massive club with such big expectations on your shoulder).

I think we should go all out for Sancho next summer (surely we'll be able to convince him to pick us over United given the comparative directions both clubs look to be going in alongside the fact he's a Chelsea fan and best mates with Callum) which will give us a strong group of wingers.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

I think we should keep Pedro as a 4th choice purely because he's been in the position these lads are in (breaking through at a massive club with such big expectations on your shoulder).

I think we should go all out for Sancho next summer (surely we'll be able to convince him to pick us over United given the comparative directions both clubs look to be going in alongside the fact he's a Chelsea fan and best mates with Callum) which will give us a strong group of wingers.

Dortmund will ask for more than 100 million for Sancho and do we really want to spend that much on one player? Can we afford to? We still got other areas that we need to improve - e.g. strikers, left back, defensive midfielder. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

If we have half a billion quid in the bank (which we will if we just finish off selling the dregs) and do basically nothing, Roman NEEDS TO SELL THE FUCKING TEAM

31 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That winger from Sociedad looks the bollocks 

thank you

been pushing him (Mikel Oyarzabal) for ages, along with Chiesa from Fiorentina

bin Pedro and Willian, bring those two in (as Sancho is not going to come here I fear) and winger is set for years

Paul Merson explains why Chelsea ‘will be dominating English football’ in two years

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1183900/Chelsea-news-Premier-League-Frank-Lampard-Paul-Merson

I hope Merson right but he's not very good at predicting things tho :blink:

I'm enjoying what I have seen, I know it's been patchy but it's a breath of fresh air seeing the kids we have longed to see in action. I think Mount has been tremendous in all honesty, his work rate and energy is different class.

I set my stall out for ups and downs and we have seen it already, if we can sort the defensive stuff out I think we can go so far.

40 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'm enjoying what I have seen, I know it's been patchy but it's a breath of fresh air seeing the kids we have longed to see in action. I think Mount has been tremendous in all honesty, his work rate and energy is different class.

I set my stall out for ups and downs and we have seen it already, if we can sort the defensive stuff out I think we can go so far.

That's the issue. Our attack not as worried about as even though we faff and waste chances it's still improving. Defence however is steps forwards and jumps backwards 

11 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Post image

I think this is extremely impressive considering that Hazard left, RLC, CHO and Willian were/are all out injured and we started the season without a proven striker who most of the fan base was confident in scoring goals for us.

The expected goals is a big one because it shows we aren't just shooting from all angles, but we're actually creating very good chances too. I remember with similar stats Derby were very low on expected goals last season and there were lots of people questioning that they weren't creating good enough chances under Lampard.

Defence obviously needs work but this whole project is a work in progress and we have to take the attacking play as a big positive at present and we look the most exciting we've been now for a good couple of seasons.

Still feel that settled personnel in this team will make a big difference when defending. Rudiger and Kante missing practically all season and Tomori getting better every game, I'm sure we will get a lot better.

And if not, then we know the area that needs most work in the transfer market next summer.