Super Frank Thread

52 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Majority of goals this season we conceded because of Azpi and Zouma. Today Azpi and Chris made fouls that lead to goals. Alonso and Chris again with poor marking for second goal. Logically speaking when we play our best four at the back James, Rudiger, Tomori, Emerson we won't concede much goals. 

I agree. There are a lot of individual mistakes that lead to our conceded goals. Tomori for instance had a brilliant game from the defensive point of view.You can´t expect that Chelsea will not concede goals against Pool with players like Azpi and Alonso. Pool is the CL winner

23 minutes ago, DDA said:

I honestly don't know how you can say that from watching today's game. We were the better team. It is individuals who are letting us down. Frank has gone toe to toe with arguably one of the greatest managers of the modern era and has nowhere near disgraced himself. Take Ole Gunner for instance, now he is waaaaayyy out of his depth and it shows quite clearly... whereas Frank has actually surprised me with the way we are performing. His subs are abit questionable but that will come with time.

Its no coincidence we constantly concede chances and goals from corners. If it happened once or twice in the space of however many games then you could definitely say its individual mistakes but its almost every week we struggle at corners or freekicks, which screams out to me that it is down to coaching more than anything else. 

Also you mention facing best managers, it really means nothing because at a club like Chelsea you expect that if youve been a manager for 1 year or 10 years, so again I think that to use it as an excuse is needless. Norwich outplayed Man City for instance but doesnt mean they are better or there manager is or whatever. Results and performances are 2 different things, results and performances dont always coincide, you can perform well and lose or perform badly and win. To not have won at home yet this season so far for me is really bad. If this was Sarri then their would be huge outrage, I get Frank deserves time as hes a young manager but he wont actually get it unless we stop conceding these stupid goals, tighten up defensively as a whole unit and start winning games at home regardless of if its Liverpool or Sheffield Wednesday.

This performing better than results suggest stuff is an excuse in my eyes because as a team, taking everything into account not just attacking, are we really performing that much better than last season, taking into account we cant keep clean sheets and are always very very open on transitions? Unfortunately, theres more to the game than just scoring goals or having 3 academy players in the line up. As a whole our attacking play is a bit less predictable perhaps but the defensive side of the match including our organisation at corners/freekicks is really really really worse than it was last season. Was never gonna be an easy job but we need to be realistic if the performances were good or bad, we would want to have more points and have won at home by now.

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If we do not win (not draw) every game but Ajax away of these, something is seriously wrong

these are some seriously SHIT teams other than Ajax (Lille is a shadow of what they were last year)

6997648390c2383d6453f6852df2fc56.png

Considering we struggled to beat the likes of Sheffield United recently and have been conceding an average of 2 goals per game, don't be surprised if we struggle in those as well.

19 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If we do not win (not draw) every game but Ajax away of these, something is seriously wrong

these are some seriously SHIT teams other than Ajax (Lille is a shadow of what they were last year)

6997648390c2383d6453f6852df2fc56.png

Wouldn't be surprised nothing is a given. Brighton and Southampton only a point or 2 behind and Burnley level. Given our ability not to defend. Only definite should be Grimsby.. Who probably still get a goal. 

2 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

We go toe to toe with the champions of Europe, we deserved to win, we probably should have won. And yet it's all doom and gloom. 

Yes, there are some defensive issues, there are some teething issues, but it HAD to be so.

Fucking hell, sarri got 9 points in his last 6 games with us, having hazard, Kante, Rudi, Cho, RLC all fit.

By the end of last season these 5 players were the first names on the team sheet, how many minutes have they been able to play combined so far? And yet, we are not only a better attacking unit, we are actually a competent attacking unit. 

Frank asked for patience and support in his programme notes, and u can see why. This is still very much a work in progress. It will continue to do so for a major part of this season. I would rather us struggling a bit now with ideas and system than be what we were under sarri 

Calling Frank naive is one of the shittiest things I have heard. 

All these keyboard warriors, are going to have eggs on their face come the end of the season. 

Spot on mate... most of them will avoid the forum very soon.... I mean looking at Liverpool with fucking Arnold as one of the best right back in the league...patience Klopp and Liverpool are what they are today due to patience and klopp having enough time to instill his philosoph...i could remember then they were leaking goals left right and centre similar to our case before that brough in VVD that made their defence rock solid.... People expecting us to be competing from the on set are absolutely delusional....I can boldly say Frank has exceeded my expectations for the season doesn't even matter where we end up at the end of the season.. despite list of nasty nagging injuries yet we play good fucking attacking football yet keyboard warriors won't let us have rest... 

2 hours ago, communicate said:

Man marking with only 3 tall players. Good luck 

You do not need to win the header. It is enough to disturb the attacker just when he is about to do so and the header will go into the stands. The mistake is to go for the ball directly when facing a way taller player or to make contact with the attacker too early so he can adjust to it.  

12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Its no coincidence we constantly concede chances and goals from corners. If it happened once or twice in the space of however many games then you could definitely say its individual mistakes but its almost every week we struggle at corners or freekicks, which screams out to me that it is down to coaching more than anything else. 

Also you mention facing best managers, it really means nothing because at a club like Chelsea you expect that if youve been a manager for 1 year or 10 years, so again I think that to use it as an excuse is needless. Norwich outplayed Man City for instance but doesnt mean they are better or there manager is or whatever. Results and performances are 2 different things, results and performances dont always coincide, you can perform well and lose or perform badly and win. To not have won at home yet this season so far for me is really bad. If this was Sarri then their would be huge outrage, I get Frank deserves time as hes a young manager but he wont actually get it unless we stop conceding these stupid goals, tighten up defensively as a whole unit and start winning games at home regardless of if its Liverpool or Sheffield Wednesday.

This performing better than results suggest stuff is an excuse in my eyes because as a team, taking everything into account not just attacking, are we really performing that much better than last season, taking into account we cant keep clean sheets and are always very very open on transitions? Unfortunately, theres more to the game than just scoring goals or having 3 academy players in the line up. As a whole our attacking play is a bit less predictable perhaps but the defensive side of the match including our organisation at corners/freekicks is really really really worse than it was last season. Was never gonna be an easy job but we need to be realistic if the performances were good or bad, we would want to have more points and have won at home by now.

This. I careless about us losing against pool. But we are conceding against set pieces again n again. That is a major concern. 3 games in a row we concede goals from set pieces. That is on frank. 

In term of conceding chances. Hopefully next summer we can sign somebody like fabinho, Fernandinho or matic. That is what we need not CB. 

Play

RLC/kova - holder - kante. And we will dominate most midfield. 

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

You do not need to win the header. It is enough to disturb the attacker just when he is about to do so and the header will go into the stands. The mistake is to go for the ball directly when facing a way taller player or to make contact with the attacker too early so he can adjust to it.  

Are you talking about man marking or zonal marking? 

Frank is getting too much protection from the fans imo, its really unacceptable to be conceding from set pieces at the rate we are doing at the moment. What is he doing on the training ground? Even under Sarri when we had that problem he found a way to solve it and it barely became a factor. You cant spot the opposing team a 2 goal lead every time and expect to come back. All his subs have been shit too, barely had a sub that has been impactful all season. His out of his depth imo. 

Just now, Vybz Kartel said:

Frank is getting too much protection from the fans imo, its really unacceptable to be conceding from set pieces at the rate we are doing at the moment. What is he doing on the training ground? Even under Sarri when we had that problem he found a way to solve it and it barely became a factor. You cant spot the opposing team a 2 goal lead every time and expect to come back. All his subs have been shit too, barely had a sub that has been impactful all season. His out of his depth imo. 

They scored a world class free kick. How do you want to defend that? Christensen fucked up that he got into the tackle.

The second goal was a mistake  from Christensen and Alonso. Both did not mark Firminho. Christensen , Zouma, Azpi and Alonso are not good enough for the starting eleven. They would be decent back ups, but against Pool we need players like Rüdiger and Tomori. Tomori was a beast.

At the end of the day, Lamps needs James, RLC, CHO, Rüdiger and Emerson to be fully fit to compete with Pool. It is not like Pool was ten times better than us. We should have at least gotten on point from them.

10 hours ago, communicate said:

Man marking with only 3 tall players. Good luck 

What height has to do with anything? Usually all teams have four, five max tall players. All our CB's are tall, Abraham is 190cm and Alonso 188cm. When RLC is back another tall player in our squad. Liverpool had three tall players yesterday. Matip, VVD and Fabinho. City have one at the moment and they don't concede set pieces goals. Against Valencia we had three tall CB's, Alonso and Abraham at the pitch and yet we conceded set piece goal from Rodrigo 182cm. Yesterday Firmino 181cm scored between Christensen and Alonso both 188cm.