Super Frank Thread

2 hours ago, communicate said:

If everyone is healthy my pick for our team will be

Mount - Tammy - Cho 

Kovacic - kante - ruben 

Should be very2 dynamic and fun to watch 

Agree apart from Jorginho in for Kovacic then swapping positions with Kante.

2 hours ago, communicate said:

If everyone is healthy my pick for our team will be

Mount - Tammy - Cho 

Kovacic - kante - ruben 

Should be very2 dynamic and fun to watch 

It remains to be seen if Loftus-Cheek can actually stay fit and play consecutive games. He has his back issues and isn't the most fit of players in terms of stamina and energy. 

Think frank is underusing giroud. Tammy had a poor first half against Valencia and should have been subbed off at halftime or early second half.

thats part of the learning as well. Start him again against Liverpool, but show him what he was not doing, via different player.

also did not like azpi as rwb. Wrong player for that position. Conte won the fucking league with azpi as a cb in that formation! Any clues?!

have to be honest here: I dislike frank as a manager so far.

I was a big supporter of Frank getting the job in the summer for the main reason that it needed someone to come in and work towards the long term benefits of the club rather than the short term.

The coaches at Chelsea have always known it will be a couple of years cycle and as a result aren't prepared to think long term. It's very much a 'what can I get out of this job' approach for the coaches and with good reason because a trophy or two can only help boost their standing and profile for future jobs.

Bringing Lampard in, someone who has an affinity with this club and an understanding of what the supporters would love to see, we have someone not afraid of making long term decisions even if they have a negative short term impact because he cares for the club and wants to see the club have a solid footing for longer term success even if he isn't the coach.

The transfer ban has obviously aided things, but he could easily put Giroud ahead of Tammy, Barkley ahead of Mount and kept Luiz and loaned out Tomori. I'm pretty sure none of them would have had much look in under Sarri if he'd stayed.

What Klopp said today is right, the work that Lampard has put in so far in just a short space of time has already turned Tammy and Mount into big players worth a lot of money. Tomori is heading down that route, and Hudson-Odoi is now signed up too.

Yes Lampard still has a lot to learn tactically but he's in just his second year of management. It has to be taken into consideration in the grand scheme of things and if he needs to gain the experience, I'd rather he get it now when a core group of players are also in need of it because if the academy lads develop as we're all hoping and we buy well next summer, we could start growing back into a real force again.

Until then, for the first time in a long while I enjoy watching us despite the lack of consistency at present and I love seeing players finally be given an opportunity who deserve it. Those that I've watched playing and winning us youth cups and hopefully becoming big players for our country too. It's easy to dismiss the pride, particularly English fans, have in players breaking through at their clubs from the youth team.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

It remains to be seen if Loftus-Cheek can actually stay fit and play consecutive games. He has his back issues and isn't the most fit of players in terms of stamina and energy. 

His back issue is going to be a problem. Such a shame though, I love big physical midfielder. Kante n kova are just too small. 

14 hours ago, Robchels said:

Think frank is underusing giroud. Tammy had a poor first half against Valencia and should have been subbed off at halftime or early second half.

thats part of the learning as well. Start him again against Liverpool, but show him what he was not doing, via different player.

also did not like azpi as rwb. Wrong player for that position. Conte won the fucking league with azpi as a cb in that formation! Any clues?!

have to be honest here: I dislike frank as a manager so far.

Instead of Azpi who should play as wb? 

Willian? 

16 hours ago, Jason said:

I really liked Sarri´s approach.Play him for 70 minutes and then take him off. He always delivere when he played his natural position and then bring on Pulisic for him, so Mount can play as a no. 8 or 10 depending what Lamps system will be.

Look its his first season, he has already done very good imo considering he is a rookie, the ban, injured players all over the place and its not a world class squad as of yet. Nahh Lamps done very good so far imo, he himself has alot to ponder, sort the defence out, drop zonal, get our players back and we will do just fine. Ohh and his subs need improving. He will do his best for Chels and for the future thats for sure.

Frank Lampard reveals reason why Liverpool ‘superstar’ Mohamed Salah flopped at Chelsea

Mohamed Salah didn’t succeed at Chelsea because he was facing intense competition for a spot in the starting line-up, according to Frank Lampard.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1180981/Frank-Lampard-Liverpool-news-Mohamed-Salah-Chelsea-news-Eden-Hazard-Fernando-Torres

Frank Lampard claims Mohamed Salah flopped at Chelsea because the team had a large number of attacking options at that time.

Salah joined the Blues in 2014 from Basel but failed to shine as then manager Jose Mourinho had a lot of different options to choose over him like Oscar, Eden Hazard, Andre Schurrle, Willian, Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto’o and Demba Ba.

The star forward was loaned out to Fiorentina and then to Roma, who bought him in 2016 and that is when his career finally took off.

snip

10 hours ago, communicate said:

Instead of Azpi who should play as wb? 

Willian? 

Pedro? Yes even Willian. In my view the wb need to be more midfielders than defenders, otherwise the system becomes too defensive. We won he league with Moses these, so hes, yeah pretty sure Pedro can do about the same.

@bigbluewillie Unfair... Did I not explicitly state what I disagreed with? Don’t even have a problem with his starting xi, aside from zouma heh (and Valencia weird formation), but more with his match management.

do people here really think that frank is close, as a manager to say, conte, or even sarri, really?

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

People are overrating certain player's performances in our title winning season under Conte by excluding crucial factors. 

you probably refer to azpi.

azpi is a renown defender, regardless of position. Never really considered good at attacking. So, the problem wasn’t so much that azpi wasn’t playing cb, but that he was playing in the most ineffective position for a player of his characteristics.

Also, the 3 cbs aren’t good at joining the middle either, like luiz did, so that also hurt us in that formation.

so, a far better manager wins the pl with azpi playing cb very well and in every match. Now the first time frank uses a 3cb formation, he ignores all that? Perhaps azpi would have been used to playing cb in a 3cb? btw I did think that was the wrong choices to face Valencia at home(posted on match thread before the game).

50 minutes ago, Robchels said:

you probably refer to azpi.

azpi is a renown defender, regardless of position. Never really considered good at attacking. So, the problem wasn’t so much that azpi wasn’t playing cb, but that he was playing in the most ineffective position for a player of his characteristics.

Also, the 3 cbs aren’t good at joining the middle either, like luiz did, so that also hurt us in that formation.

so, a far better manager wins the pl with azpi playing cb very well and in every match. Now the first time frank uses a 3cb formation, he ignores all that? Perhaps azpi would have been used to playing cb in a 3cb? btw I did think that was the wrong choices to face Valencia at home(posted on match thread before the game).

No. Moses and Alonso primarily. No issues with Dave as a CB in a back 3