Super Frank Thread

I can't shake the feeling frank is a coach in the same school as uncle Harry.

'Well i sent 'em out to play good football. We got on the ball and we played. Some t'rific stuff. Shame we conceded. We need more concentration'

Work on the set pieces for fuck sake. We are terrible.

Also, never play Alonso in a back 4.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Its the hand that has been dealt by the board......you remove our youths and there aint much after that is there. Not if we really want to get back up again. Lamps will continue learning and we can only hope he gets there, not his fault this stale Chelsea squad is so out of balance.

I was a supporter for Sarri to stay and didn't want Frank to come here soo soon but now that he is here, I'm genuinely loving the vibe he has brought to the club. Giving the youngers a chance which is paying off when you consider Mount, Tomori and Abraham's impact on recent games. He has told the squad that you must play for the badge and not just turn up half hearted to pick up a salary and he is trying to get us playing expansive, adaptable, attacking football. All this done under a transfer ban and with an injury list as long as your arm. Still some are chopping his head off at the neck at the slightest mistake made. Don't get me wrong, some of his mistakes are frustrating, like not using Pulisic yesterday when Pedro was clearly playing with his Zimmer frame and not making the changes earlier on but I'm not expecting him to get it right all at once. People believe there are 20 Peps and 20 Jose's out there to choose from lol. These are generational managers and the way Frank is approaching his role here has been fantastic thus far. I think we have one of the most promising young managers on our hands in Europeam football. Frank is a smart man and has a solid team around him. It would be wise to judge him once he has everyone back fighting fit and a few transfer windows under his belt.

The main thing I want to know is why he refused to play Pulisic. Pedro was close to the worst I have ever seen him. Just dreadful. Has Frank said anything post-game or today about this?

Bad mistake to not play Puli. I am not going to shit all over Willian, as up until that fucking argument with Barkley, he was by far our best offensive player on the pitch (which shows how shit we were overall on the offensive end.)

The Barkley's miss was completely against his form (I read he had made 12 out of 13 pens before) so sometimes shit happens. Willian surely did not help, as Barkley fighting him off probably broke his concentration and got him too pumped up, thus he blasted the ball too hard and high.

The other thing Lamps simply MUST address, is our horrific set piece play, both on defence and on our own free kicks and corners. It is costing us games (like yesterday).

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The main thing I want to know is why he refused to play Pulisic. Pedro was close to the worst I have ever seen him. Just dreadful. Has Frank said anything post-game or today about this?

Bad mistake to not play Puli.

3:28

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

thanks

meh, weak answer

and Pedro was playing like shit when he made the last sub

Lampard said he trusts the young players and he started 3 against Valencia. Okay. But one went off injured and he suddenly turned to experience? I mean sure, Pedro has way more CL experience than Pulisic but at the same time, Pulisic has more CL experience than Mount, Abraham, Tomori combined. Since it's about experience, then Lampard really contradicted himself there. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lampard said he trusts the young players and he started 3 against Valencia. Okay. But one went off injured and he suddenly turned to experience? I mean sure, Pedro has way more CL experience than Pulisic but at the same time, Pulisic has more CL experience than Mount, Abraham, Tomori combined. Since it's about experience, then Lampard really contradicted himself there. 

I have my reservations about him, he is showing the same favoritism Sarri was criticized off. His in game management has been shit to say the list, late substitutions, arrogant substitutions, reacting late. Signs are not good so far but we will give him benefit of the doubt for now.

8 minutes ago, the wes said:

Why didnt lamps pick his penalty taker before the season started :middlefinger: this were lamps inexperience comes into it an experience coach would have hada penalty taker picked at pre-season 

Assuming what Lampard said last night was true, then I think it's one of two things - (a) he has told them the designated takers but it wasn't made clear enough because otherwise, we wouldn't have seen all that commotion between Willian, Barkley, Jorginho and to a lesser extent Abraham or (b) the others decided to break ranks and go against what was told. 

59 minutes ago, Jason said:

Assuming what Lampard said last night was true, then I think it's one of two things - (a) he has told them the designated takers but it wasn't made clear enough because otherwise, we wouldn't have seen all that commotion between Willian, Barkley, Jorginho and to a lesser extent Abraham or (b) the others decided to break ranks and go against what was told. 

I think the only reason why Willian came to Barkley is because Ross just came in so he assumed he's not ready to take a penalty. 

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think the only reason why Willian came to Barkley is because Ross just came in so he assumed he's not ready to take a penalty. 

Agree with this. I can't understand what all the fuss is about.

We can all debate if Barkley is the right choice but if Lampard has made the decision that he is the best man for that job then it's right that he's first choice when he's on the pitch.

I think the whole issue is that Barkley had only been on for a few minutes and not really got into the rhythm of the game, hence why Jorginho and Willian who seem to be the next in line, wanted to make sure he was prepared to take it. 

Willian shouldn't have hung around for as long once Barkley said he was fine, but I can't understand how this is Lampard's fault. If he's compiled a list of penalty takers then that should be adhered by the players unless the one who is in line to take doesn't fancy it (and in that circumstance they really shouldn't be considered then anyway).

I guess whatever happens, Lampard has "done well" in securing the long term future of our young players. Loftus-Cheek, Mount, CHO have all signed new contracts. James, Tomori and Abraham to follow suit. Now it's up to them to justify the hype and faith.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I guess whatever happens, Lampard has "done well" in securing the long term future of our young players. Loftus-Cheek, Mount, CHO have all signed new contracts. James, Tomori and Abraham to follow suit. Now it's up to them to justify the hype and faith.

It really is crazy to think that had literally anyone but Lamps been appointed, our side would look dramatically different. Mount, Tammy, Reece James, and Tomori would probably be back on loan after a couple of preseason matches. CHO would almost certainly be at Bayern. 

The transfer ban has inadvertently secured our future. Had yet another foreign manager come in or if Sarri had stayed none of what we see now would happen.

18 hours ago, Pizy said:

It really is crazy to think that had literally anyone but Lamps been appointed, our side would look dramatically different. Mount, Tammy, Reece James, and Tomori would probably be back on loan after a couple of preseason matches. CHO would almost certainly be at Bayern. 

The transfer ban has inadvertently secured our future. Had yet another foreign manager come in or if Sarri had stayed none of what we see now would happen.

It is true. Lampard has already justified his appointment by tying down our top youbgsters. Shrewd move by the board to sign him. Even if we fuck up the season conpletely as long as we avoid relegation which should be expected, we will have a fresh startvin a new era as soon as the ban is over...with or without Lamps