Super Frank Thread

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yeah, Arsenal acted so fast the fans were still protesting against the owners at the tail end of July.

Thats because they have been starved right until they get laca and auba and this summer they have bought decently. My point is they have hired competent folks, they will only add from now on. And they will continue to hate kroenke and rightly so, he is horrible and takes much of their revenue to bolster his other adventures. The likes of Edu will only make them better in transfers.

2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Thats because they have been starved right until they get laca and auba and this summer they have bought decently. My point is they have hired competent folks, they will only add from now on. And they will continue to hate kroenke and rightly so, he is horrible and takes much of their revenue to bolster his other adventures. The likes of Edu will only make them better in transfers.

Around this time last month the Arsenal fans started a #wecaredoyou hastag craze aimed at the club, the fanbase from AFTV were sounding out on their own platforms about how worried they were and it was genuinely looking like they may not be even be signing anyone, it was only after that rumours of signings were really hoting up for them let alone actual signings. They didn't "act fast" atall, infact their window wasn't to dissimilar to ours from last year, ie a Madrid man signed on loan and the transfer record broke almost spontaneously close to deadline day. 

Critisising some of our decisions is one thing but I'm sorry using Arsenal of all clubs as an example of how it should be done is grass is greener syndrome at its finest.

Just now, Tomo said:

Around this time last month the Arsenal fans started a #wecaredoyou hastag craze aimed at the club, the fanbase from AFTV were sounding out on their own platforms about how worried they were and it was genuinely looking like they may not be even be signing anyone, it was only after that rumours of signings were really hoting up for them let alone actual signings. They didn't "act fast" atall, infact their window wasn't to dissimilar to ours from last year, ie a Madrid man signed on loan and the transfer record broke almost spontaneously close to deadline day. 

Critisising some of our decisions is one thing but I'm sorry using Arsenal of all clubs as an example of how it should be done is grass is greener syndrome at its finest.

No no dont get it twisted now, I was merely saying even they are getting their shit done and bring in quality. They brought in Edu and his impact is already visible.

1 hour ago, communicate said:

Giroud imo is a perfectly good player for us this season. 

He is decent here and there but in no way or shape striker worthy of a first striker option as such a big Club. Its downright abysmal imo. Giroud will not give you many goals, can give goals when needed at crucial times maybe, but far cry from being semi constant killer.

Personally I wouldn't want Giroud even as 2nd choice. 3rd choice okay for plan B,C(lump the ball!), but ideally our first two choices would be of similar characteristics, so we wouldn't need to change our approach drastically when one can't play. Giroud simply doesn't fit the style we're playing.

21 minutes ago, manpe said:

Personally I wouldn't want Giroud even as 2nd choice. 3rd choice okay for plan B,C(lump the ball!), but ideally our first two choices would be of similar characteristics, so we wouldn't need to change our approach drastically when one can't play. Giroud simply doesn't fit the style we're playing.

Yup...he is good for a third choice and for certain games, not much after that imo. Its the card the board have dealt, we are basically going into another season with our hands tied back, you cant demand anything from your manager when its like this.

25 minutes ago, manpe said:

I'm flip flopping between Tammy and Giroud and leaning towards Oli after Leicester.

Firstly because in that half hour when we tore Leicester a new one and created all those chances he set up all bar one of them and as he proved in the world cup can be a decent foil for vibrant wingers and AM. Secondly because we need some experience to balance out the youth, most of us want Pulisic and Odoi wings and Mount CAM/LCM, adding another early 20 player to it will be too much, not even Wenger went that young.

For now i think we should go for Giroud, especially if all those 3 are starting aswell.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

I'm flip flopping between Tammy and Giroud and leaning towards Oli after Leicester.

Firstly because in that half hour when we tore Leicester a new one and created all those chances he set up all bar one of them and as he proved in the world cup can be a decent foil for vibrant wingers and AM. Secondly because we need some experience to balance out the youth, most of us want Pulisic and Odoi wings and Mount CAM/LCM, adding another early 20 player to it will be too much, not even Wenger went that young.

For now i think we should go for Giroud, especially if all those 3 are starting aswell.

This. People complained about Giroud but the majority of our chances against Leicester came from his link up play.

10 hours ago, manpe said:

My question is what kind of striker do you think will fit to what we play.