test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Super Frank Thread

Started by Jason,

915 posts in this topic
21 minutes ago, Jason said:

The lot over on Redcafe are fawning over Lampard. They even have a Lampard vs Solskjaer thread! 

😂

Solskjaer was the second coming of Fergie last season and with no disrespect to Frank at all, they are now doing a FL v OGS thread? Fuck me their fickle fans. OGS was always a bad move for United, his career speaks for itself as a player maybe but as a manager, which he has been since 2008, he managed United reserves, Molde, Cardiff and Molde again before going to United.... when does that ever happen? 

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

😂

Solskjaer was the second coming of Fergie last season and with no disrespect to Frank at all, they are now doing a FL v OGS thread? Fuck me their fickle fans. OGS was always a bad move for United, his career speaks for itself as a player maybe but as a manager, which he has been since 2008, he managed United reserves, Molde, Cardiff and Molde again before going to United.... when does that ever happen? 

Here's the thread in all its glory - https://www.redcafe.net/threads/ole-united-vs-frank-chelsea-who-will-have-the-better-season.450105/

Problem with Solskjaer is he doesn't seem to have a clue on what he wants. He's just making things up as it goes along and saying fancy words to fool people in pressers/interviews. 

OneMoSalah likes this

On 09/11/2019 at 4:10 PM, Jason said:

The lot over on Redcafe are fawning over Lampard. They even have a Lampard vs Solskjaer thread! 

Link?

22 hours ago, Tomo said:

What I find really impressive is how well we're locking down games against lesser sides at Stamford Bridge. Last three league opponents to the Bridge have been totally strangled out of the game almost to the point we may aswell have removed Kepa's goal.

Gives me huge confidence that we can eventually build the consistency to challenge the top two.

Agreed. This season will be very interesting to see if Lampard and the players can maintain this for the full season. Whilst there may well be a few periods of difficulty, I'm quietly confident that by and large we can due to the squad depth and we still have key players returning/to return which should help provide a boost where necessary.

If this can be maintained for most of this season, then it answers one of the two main questions for me over whether we can start challenging the top two again. The other being can we take points off the other top teams. 

To get top 4 this season, I don't believe we will need to be taking huge amounts of points off the top teams. The likes of Arsenal, United and Spurs are all struggling against lesser teams and as long as we continue to put to the sword the rest of the league we'll be fine. Include Leicester now in this bracket of top teams and there are 13 teams then making up the rest of the league. If we took 80-85% of points from those teams then that is 62-66 points (currently 9 games from a possible 26, we're at 89%). Based on everyone else's struggles at present that might even be enough for top 4 but if not we would probably only need to be picking up 6-10 points against the other 6 teams in the league just to maintain the cushion.

Compare this to United who seem to have a method and set up which suits playing against the top teams but they struggle against the lesser teams. When the lesser teams make up two thirds of the league that is the reason they are so far behind us at present. What we're doing currently if we maintain, is enough to get top 4. As both our coaching and playing staff become more confident and experienced, I'm sure that our results against the established big teams will also improve.

manpe, Tomo and 1905didierblue like this

Interested to see how he will set up with a fully fit kante in the mid? 

So far the two of kovacic and Jorginho have been awesome, but kante is also awesome. 

Unless we go 4-3-3

Thus dropping one of Willian or mount..... 

Everyone here knows I still love Mou, but he does come off as super bitter here. He has been wrong about pretty much everything in regards to us this season. Almost like he's holding a grudge.