test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Super Frank Thread

Started by Jason,

1,135 posts in this topic
8 hours ago, communicate said:

Of course I am not talking about old matic. I am talking about position and role need. 

Is prime matic worse than fabinho and Fernandinho? 

Sitting DMs are a thing of the past, pretty much all the top teams have DLPs running that area now and Frank from early evidence appears to have identified Gilmour as Jorginho's eventual replacement.

35 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Sitting DMs are a thing of the past, pretty much all the top teams have DLPs running that area now and Frank from early evidence appears to have identified Gilmour as Jorginho's eventual replacement.

I disagree. Fernandinho, fabinho and Rodri are not really DLP. Rodri is arguably the player that is the most comfortable on the ball of out of 3,but he is is still a big strong player. 

For me it is all about balance. You want Jorginho as holder fine, either play back 3 or ask your rb to stay back most of the time ala Sarri and you cannot play fast. You must play possession based game and he must deliver. Last year was quite boring though

If you want to play with tons of transition, Jorginho is not your guy. 

Billy Gilmour looks like a really good player, he need to get better and become really2 good so we have to compensate ala Cesc. 

Supermonkey92 likes this

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I haven't seen the game yet but I heard we managed it really well in the second half which has pleased me as I didn't hold back on my dissatisfaction on how we pissed away the Sheffield match.

It is a really strong sign how Frank is learning from his mistakes (which are inevitable so young). As amazing as the first half hour Vs Leicester was to watch the intensity we played with had us tanked for the second half and Leicester took the piss out of us and we haven't gone full pelt since and ever since the Sheffield match we have managed winning positions a lot better.

Compared to OGS up at United who's making the same mistakes again and again and again it's so good to see Frank evolving and learning and although he doesn't have the prior CV those two did, he's showing similar early signs to what Pep and Klopp did when they came to England in terms of the encouraging football we're playing.

It was a solid second half display. No nonsense defending, players cleared their lines when they needed to and didn't give up anything like they did for Southampton's goal in the first half..

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I'm quite a big advocate of the XG data but how on earth has it come to the conclusion United should be 3rd? They're barely even creating anything of substance.

Supermonkey92 likes this

Irrespective of the rest of the league, if anybody had said after losing 4-0 to United first game that going into the second international break after 8 games we'd be 5 points ahead of them with a better goal difference, and only 2 points behind City that everybody would have taken that.

I think quite a few people expected us to be somewhere around where United are currently with a squad struggling to find goals. The defence has to continue to be worked on (although I feel yesterday the problems were basic errors as opposed to tactical flaws, and the second half showed that we are continuing to improve with controlling games and seeing them out from winning positions), but the football is exciting, the young players have revitalised the club more than could have been imagined and it's all under one of the biggest legends in the club's history who (touch wood) despite his inexperience seems to be taking it in his stride, learning from mistakes and improving each passing game.

I'm not sure it was right from him to say that Willian was our best player in the last four, five games and Tomori is number one or two CB at the moment. I mean, I agree but he should not say it in public because of the other guys who also played very well. It's fine to praise individual performances but not in the way you put some over the others. 

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

liking these upcoming 14 fixtures

36 plus points are deffo there for the taking IMHO

8abb5752610786bb0e2b7dbd17ea4f4d.png

I do wonder how Frank will approach things if Liverpool drop a few points before we drop our next set.

Given the type of personality Lamps is and how hungry and confident the young players are I could see their eyes lighting up and sensing an opportunity. It will still more than likely be in vain but I can't imagine Lampard taking it lightly and saying "meh top four will do for now" if we can somehow claw a few points back of Liverpool and are only 6 points behind after a high number of games, he'd want to chase them down.

Vesper, Bosnian Blue and manpe like this

On 08/10/2019 at 4:58 PM, NikkiCFC said:

A couple details changed everything. We lost 2 points against Sheffield. Liverpool has been really lucky to win last three games including us. And that was a six pointer game. There you go, 4,5 details come differently and we would be in front of them. But that's football... 

Been lucky but annoying unbeaten in 17 league games. And like they say play crap and still get points.. Sign of champions blahhhh.

I don't think they'll drop many points. All we can do is win our games and take advantage of the fact other teams have been dropping points too.