Super Frank Thread

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

What do you guys think about Lamps so far?

Say all the right thing and bring excitement from the fans which will really help everyone this upcoming. 

Football wise, hard to judge because we haven't played any team with at least PL quality so far. Our pressing look fantastic though

Its awesome......but if we can get the results then its just quality. He will need time, he knows the League and what is required, so he has no place to hide. But im sure we will be ok eventhough we really lack in some areas, the Club has handicaped the team so you cant expect a title fight. If we get top 4 then its an instant success.

Fuck ESPN

the ONLY EPL managers they rate worse than Lamps are

Chris Wilder, Sheffield United

Ralph Hasenhuttl, Southampton

Steve Bruce, Newcastle United

Graham Potter, Brighton & Hove Albion

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3906716/premier-league-manager-power-rankings-solskjaerlampard-in-bottom-half

28 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Fuck ESPN

the ONLY EPL managers they rate worse than Lamps are

Chris Wilder, Sheffield United

Ralph Hasenhuttl, Southampton

Steve Bruce, Newcastle United

Graham Potter, Brighton & Hove Albion

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3906716/premier-league-manager-power-rankings-solskjaerlampard-in-bottom-half

Tbf I am not sure why Ole or Frank would be much higher giving their limited experience in the PL and ESPN have ranked it as many would expect. Ole has more but other than the bounce before he got the United job and that spell at Cardiff still very much unproven. Although same is said for Norwich, Villa  Sheffield managers. Rodgers being higher up based off two really good seasons (one with Swansea one with Liverpool) as well is odd, good spell at Celtic, think the job he did there is underrated due to the standard although when you look at European games, he had a poor European record.

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf I am not sure why Ole or Frank would be much higher giving their limited experience in the PL and ESPN have ranked it as many would expect. Ole has more but other than the bounce before he got the United job and that spell at Cardiff still very much unproven. Although same is said for Norwich, Villa  Sheffield managers. Rodgers being higher up based off two really good seasons (one with Swansea one with Liverpool) as well is odd, good spell at Celtic, think the job he did there is underrated due to the standard although when you look at European games, he had a poor European record.

did you see some rated higher????

non EPl or EPL fails

Daniel Farke, Norwich City   wtf

Dean Smith, Aston Villa

Javi Gracia, Watford <<<< might give him a break

Marco Silva, Everton <<< already sacked twice in the EPL

37 minutes ago, Vesper said:

did you see some rated higher????

non EPl or EPL fails

Daniel Farke, Norwich City   wtf

Dean Smith, Aston Villa

Javi Gracia, Watford <<<< might give him a break

Marco Silva, Everton <<< already sacked twice in the EPL

Yeah the newly promoted guys not sure why theyre higher either except for maybe the fact theyve done other things in other leagues and have more managerial experience (I would imagine that is why the likes of Emery, Pellegrini etc are in the top 6 or 7 too without being outstanding managers).

Silva and Garcia have been tried and tested. Silva has maybe disappointed, although his start at Watford was difficult to maintain. Wasnt sacked at Hull though he resigned. Sacked at Watford though. Gracia has done steady enough for Watford too. 

On 7/24/2019 at 9:11 AM, Jason said:

It's not compulsory to fill all the 17 non-HG and 8 HG slots. James, CHO and Mount will be in the U21 list, not HG as you mentioned above.

As it stands, our squad is pretty bloated:

Non-Homegrown (17)
Kepa
Caballero
Rudiger
Luiz
Alonso
Zappacosta
Azpi
Emerson
Zouma
Jorginho
Kante
Kovacic
Bakayoko
Pedro
Willian
Giroud
Batshuayi

Homegrown (5)
Christensen
Drinkwater
Barkley
Loftus-Cheek
Abraham

U21* (5)
Cumming
James
Hudson-Odoi
Pulisic
Mount

* For the 2019/20 season, U21 players will consist of players born on or after 1 January 1998.

Does Zouma not count as HG?

Win lose or draw I'm loving it to be honest.

Frank's the greatest and I'll enjoy every second he's here as manager.

Guy is exactly what we need given current issues and whilst that may not translate to instant results, could help to ensure the talent of some our great youngsters is put on show who can become regular first teamers for years to come.

I see this year as a bit of a free roll (I doubt roman and Co do though)

2 hours ago, Mana said:

To be fair with ESPN, they aren't wrong.

Lampard has YET to manage a PL game. So the list of worst coaches behind Lampard, it's funny because before Lampard has his first game, there are already managers worse than him.

The ones rated higher? When Lampard starts to win PL games, he'll be above them ASAP.

Agreed, and I think even 16th is flattering. The only one with 0 trophies and no serious career highlights, the least experienced of the lot. Isn't ranked bottom last probably only because of his reputation, I am pretty sure some randomer who appeared out of nowhere and did the same with Derby would be put last without hesitation.

On 29/07/2019 at 2:25 AM, BlueLyon said:

It's impossible to judge him properly until we get a couple of months into the season. The first two games will be difficult and to be honest if we get anything from Old Trafford and give Liverpool a competitive game I would take that as a stepping stone.

From what I've seen in pre season however, I like the flexibility he's shown and the pressing game he wants to bring in. I do think in recent seasons we've been massively off the likes of City and Liverpool in this regard and I do think it's a way of 'moving on' from Hazard as it would be a very difficult tactic to adopt with him in the team because he doesn't like to do those sort of things.

I think it should also be noted how calm this pre season seems to have been both within the media and us as fans. Any other time the club was slapped with a transfer ban and lost their best player (and some of our other key players out with injuries) it would be a huge crisis but he's brought a sense of calm to the club and is excellent within the media which I think helps massively for everybody to clearly understand what he wants or is trying to achieve.

I think for most there is a quiet confidence that if we can get a bit of confidence and momentum built up early, we could have a good first season under him (which for me would be getting top 4).

8 hours ago, Jason said:

If Roman was watching Chelsea outclass Salzburg last night then what game were we watching? If outclassing means beating a team because, and only because, you have better players than they do then, yes, we outclassed them. Otherwise there is a lot to be unhappy about.