Super Frank Thread

11 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Of course its too soon to judge either way, but he is def saying the right stuff. And I think Frank means it. He knows more than anyone how effective a unit can be if they are willing to do their best, even if the said unit is not sparkling with quality. Hard work and passion will get you further than some believe......lets see where we are come december, more than enough time to judge it all by then imo. Yes we wont get that old Chels back, but we can def get the mentality. Lets hope for the best ha.

Again though, talk is talk. Lets see if the players can take FL's words and put those things into performances.

For instance, Villas-Boas said the right things too, good proactive football, winning, youth developement, bla bla bla....

Also regarding a unit pulling in the same direction etc, every manager who has gone through any sort of footballing licensed course or even ex player should be aware of that, its hardly pointing out anything that hasnt been mentioned before. Hes hardly said anything that no other manager would say in this predicament we are in, lets be honest. 

We need to judge him on what happens on the pitch. Hard work is arguably the most important thing in football. I hope he can be successful but again feel that people will cling onto every word he says even if its something that has been said before in a different light than anyone else because hes Frank Lampard. To put a dampner on things, Id still be amazed if he sees out all 3 years of his contract but thats not on him, thats the same with any other manager here. 

Despite having reservations I am exicted for this season, transfer ban isnt great as we need improvements but it forces the coaches hand to play some of these young lads which obviously as a fan and going on our academies reputation isnt all that bad. Top 4 still has to be minimum target. Would be the same if it were Pep, Allegri, Blanc, Steve Holland or whoever if it werent Frank.

42 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Again though, talk is talk. Lets see if the players can take FL's words and put those things into performances.

For instance, Villas-Boas said the right things too, good proactive football, winning, youth developement, bla bla bla....

Also regarding a unit pulling in the same direction etc, every manager who has gone through any sort of footballing licensed course or even ex player should be aware of that, its hardly pointing out anything that hasnt been mentioned before. Hes hardly said anything that no other manager would say in this predicament we are in, lets be honest. 

We need to judge him on what happens on the pitch. Hard work is arguably the most important thing in football. I hope he can be successful but again feel that people will cling onto every word he says even if its something that has been said before in a different light than anyone else because hes Frank Lampard. To put a dampner on things, Id still be amazed if he sees out all 3 years of his contract but thats not on him, thats the same with any other manager here. 

Despite having reservations I am exicted for this season, transfer ban isnt great as we need improvements but it forces the coaches hand to play some of these young lads which obviously as a fan and going on our academies reputation isnt all that bad. Top 4 still has to be minimum target. Would be the same if it were Pep, Allegri, Blanc, Steve Holland or whoever if it werent Frank.

We have missed intensity big time so I do believe Frank on that one. Do I go extra mellow on him cuz he is Lamps? Nahh I wont do that. He will be judged on the same merits as the others. But I still believe his wrords more than lets say Sarii. He wants us back where we were, he knows we need direct fast footy to be more effecient, its up to him to make sure the players give their all.....im very keen to see how we adapt tactically, thats a huge subject for me. I also believed Conte when he said we muct do better and must eat grass etc etc, and he meant it and he delivered on that, Frank is serious about that too I think.....it promises to be an up and down season, may we do well my man.

1 hour ago, milan.cech said:

High intensity and no time for golf: How Frank Lampard has upped the pace in his first week at Chelsea

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/07/12/high-intensity-no-time-golf-frank-lampard-has-upped-pace-first/

Could you screenshot the article

On 10/07/2019 at 7:22 PM, milan.cech said:

Výsledek obrázku pro cech arrizabalaga

Výsledek obrázku pro cech arrizabalaga

Petr in coaching gear working with Kepa is a worrying photograph. It's not news to anyone that Petr's role is undifined, but we need him to work out a function where he operates with the executives of the club. Instead that photograph suggests he is tempted to gravitate toward what he knows, the training ground.

Obviously there is no problem with Petr attending training. He needs to take a step back from hands-on involvement however. His brief now is to observe, assess and advise. Importantly, that advice needs to flow upward. It's perfectly natural for Frank and Petr to trust each other, so if the new manager wants to use his mate as a sounding board that's fine. If Petr allows this to become his role however, he'll be letting the club down. I'll be more encouraged if I see him wearing shirt and tie at least as often as training tops and boots.

Of course, it's entirely possible that Petr is just having a chat with Kepa. :)

19 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Petr in coaching gear working with Kepa is a worrying photograph. It's not news to anyone that Petr's role is undifined, but we need him to work out a function where he operates with the executives of the club. Instead that photograph suggests he is tempted to gravitate toward what he knows, the training ground.

Obviously there is no problem with Petr attending training. He needs to take a step back from hands-on involvement however. His brief now is to observe, assess and advise. Importantly, that advice needs to flow upward. It's perfectly natural for Frank and Petr to trust each other, so if the new manager wants to use his mate as a sounding board that's fine. If Petr allows this to become his role however, he'll be letting the club down. I'll be more encouraged if I see him wearing shirt and tie at least as often as training tops and boots.

Of course, it's entirely possible that Petr is just having a chat with Kepa. :)

I don't think it's anything like that. All the pictures and videos so far of the keepers training has been Hilario doing it. As you said it could simply just be an innocent chat, but even if it is a bit of advice we're talking about a genuine world class talent back in his prime, Kepa would be stupid not to pick that brain sometimes if its available to him.

Emenalo was regularly seen watching at the training ground, and kitted in training gear so again I wouldn't read much into this.

It's a very weird summer. With no work needed on transfers in, it actually gives Cech opportunity to concentrate on what is at the club already and the chance to work closely with Lampard and the coaches whilst on tour in pre season. It was detailed when he was appointed that part of his role would be acting as a link between board and coach and he can focus on this element at present. Lampard being inexperienced himself will need as much support as possible from all corners. Cech would obviously know Lampard well from a team-mate previously but their relationship now needs to be altered somewhat due to their different roles within the club so its a good chance for both to adapt to this.

Don't forget too that it also works both ways. The board will also likely want feedback from Cech with regard to the playing and coaching staff; his role in and around the training ground won't comprise solely of supporting Lamps.

GOALKEEPERS: Arrizabalaga, Caballero, Cumming

DEFENDERS: Alonso, Azpilicueta, Christensen, David Luiz, Emerson, Tomori, Zappacosta, Zouma

MIDFIELDERS: Barkley, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Jorginho, Kanté, Kovačić, Mount

FORWARDS: Abraham, Batshuayi, Giroud, Kenedy, Palmer, Pedro (+Pulisic)

25-member squad flying to Japan for pre-season tour.

Reece, Ampadu, Willian, RLC and CHO are yet to join up so I imagine they will replace Zappa, Baka, Palmer, Drinkwater and Kennedy/Alonso? :D

32 minutes ago, Strike said:

GOALKEEPERS: Arrizabalaga, Caballero, Cumming

DEFENDERS: Alonso, Azpilicueta, Christensen, David Luiz, Emerson, Tomori, Zappacosta, Zouma

MIDFIELDERS: Barkley, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Jorginho, Kanté, Kovačić, Mount

FORWARDS: Abraham, Batshuayi, Giroud, Kenedy, Palmer, Pedro (+Pulisic)

25-member squad flying to Japan for pre-season tour.

Reece, Ampadu, Willian, RLC and CHO are yet to join up so I imagine they will replace Zappa, Baka, Palmer, Drinkwater and Kennedy/Alonso? :D

Reece -- Zappa

Willian -- Kenedy

CHO -- Palmer

RLC -- Drinkwater

Ampadu - Loan

1 hour ago, Bosnian Blue said:

Ampadu should have travelled instead of Drinkwater/Bakayoko. He's already a better player than both of those guys.

I think it is the right call to send him on loan as he needs games ... With Kante, Kovasic, Mount (he will get games), Jorginho, Barkley, RLC we have the midfield covered (I feel) and Ampadu wouldnt get much games this season. 

Yes he is a better player than Drinkwater.Bakayoko :)

2 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

I think it is the right call to send him on loan as he needs games ... With Kante, Kovasic, Mount (he will get games), Jorginho, Barkley, RLC we have the midfield covered (I feel) and Ampadu wouldnt get much games this season. 

Yes he is a better player than Drinkwater.Bakayoko :)

Yes, I saw Frank's quotes about Ampadu and he is absolutely right. The lad could really benefit from a good quality loan where he could play week in week out. I hope its a Premiership team rather than Championship as I think he is already ready for the PL but the most important thing is the kid getting chances. 

18 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

Yes, I saw Frank's quotes about Ampadu and he is absolutely right. The lad could really benefit from a good quality loan where he could play week in week out. I hope its a Premiership team rather than Championship as I think he is already ready for the PL but the most important thing is the kid getting chances. 

I think Championship would be an ideal place ... Less pressure and more opportunity (if he is really is good) as compared to the PL. Like u said, he needs more chances ... day in day out to be considered next season at the Bridge. 

2 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

I think Championship would be an ideal place ... Less pressure and more opportunity (if he is really is good) as compared to the PL. Like u said, he needs more chances ... day in day out to be considered next season at the Bridge. 

I would agree with this, I'd much rather see him playing in the Championship and playing regularly every week, getting that rhythm and experience to his game that he needs compared to possibly a Premier League role where he's not a regular fixture. The club also needs to make a decision on where they see his future, whether its as a defender or midfielder because ideally he should be playing for a team that need him for the position we see him likely to develop in.