test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Super Frank Thread

Started by Jason,

653 posts in this topic

Just realised we had 3rd best defence last season. Despite obvious flaws and lot of complaining here, we didnt do as bad in general at all.

But this year, our defence is truly bad.

Hopefuly Rudi and Kante return improves our backline.

Supermonkey92 and Stats like this

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Just realised we had 3rd best defence last season. Despite obvious flaws and lot of complaining here, we didnt do as bad in general at all.

Exactly, if you take away City and Bournemouth where we conceded 25% of our goals last season we had very solid defence. And it's weird because Alonso and Luiz played majority of games. 

Supermonkey92 and Stats like this

On 9/8/2019 at 7:44 PM, BlueLyon said:

I don't think our defense was great last year but we played very slow possession football which limit opp chance plus we have Azpi staying back more. 

Last season Sarri spoke quite a bit about defensive positioning while having the ball. This was when we were too exposed to counter-attacks and leaked goals due to attacking players' positioning being too forward and not thinking about what would happen if they lost the ball, after which our style of play became more pragmatic and less fluid. It wasn't easy on the eye at times, but our defence certainly improved. I think this might be one of the issues now - players having maybe too much freedom, which means the team loses its shape defending quick counters. Perhaps the team needs more time and experience playing together, to develop that positional understanding and discipline.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Last season Sarri spoke quite a bit about defensive positioning while having the ball. This was when we were too exposed to counter-attacks and leaked goals due to attacking players' positioning being too forward and not thinking about what would happen if they lost the ball, after which our style of play became more pragmatic and less fluid. It wasn't easy on the eye at times, but our defence certainly improved. I think this might be one of the issues now - players having maybe too much freedom, which means the team loses its shape defending quick counters. Perhaps the team needs more time and experience playing together, to develop that positional understanding and discipline.

To say "it wasn't easy on the eye at times" is a HUGE understatement and you're being generous with the "at times". :lol: It was only when Loftus-Cheek and CHO started playing and offering something different from all that relentless passing that we looked a tad better to watch.

As for the other point, Fabregas - IIRC, it was him - made the point about Sarri asking the players to make less forward runs after that Arsenal home game last season. 

communicate and Bosnian Blue like this

Nowhere near as bad as people make out. We were 1 - boring as fuck and 2 - pretty toothless up front.

Defensively we were miles ahead of where we are this season. It's pretty amateurish if I'm honest

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Nowhere near as bad as people make out. We were 1 - boring as fuck and 2 - pretty toothless up front.

Defensively we were miles ahead of where we are this season. It's pretty amateurish if I'm honest

Speaking of boring, I actualy quit watching a few games last season, something I never did before. You just knew we aint gonna turn it around in 1000minutes nevermind 30 or so.

This year, our attack is realy a joy to watch though.

SinineUltra and Bosnian Blue like this

Speaking of boring, I actualy quit watching a few games last season, something I never did before. You just knew we aint gonna turn it around in 1000minutes nevermind 30 or so.
This year, our attack is realy a joy to watch though.
It's mostly about intensity. The first 10 minutes against Leicester, a 15 minute period against Liverpool as well as Norwich and we look the dogs bollox. But there's also still shit on a stick football. Large parts of the Sheffield game were worse than last season, we couldn't even keep possession let all do anything with it. Same against Leicester, the midfield disappeared.

It's kinda nuts that the Liverpool game has been our absolutely best performance by a mile. As with all games we were second best at times but always competing on their level.

Bosnian Blue likes this

2 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

It's mostly about intensity. The first 10 minutes against Leicester, a 15 minute period against Liverpool as well as Norwich and we look the dogs bollox. But there's also still shit on a stick football. Large parts of the Sheffield game were worse than last season, we couldn't even keep possession let all do anything with it. Same against Leicester, the midfield disappeared.

It's kinda nuts that the Liverpool game has been our absolutely best performance by a mile. As with all games we were second best at times but always competing on their level.

And the small stuff like Tammy running towards Lamps...its what builds character and team spirit and reminded me of Klopp at Pool. 

Might have some shit games but the passion and team work is always there. I didnt recognize that from Sarri last year, he was more like an outsider coaching a group of players rather than being a part of the team.

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Changed the system today which was smart as it accommodates Alonsos strength more although he was still quite poor but still conceding goals. 

Mostly accommodates the lack of width we have in options, which was evident against Sheffield and their 5 at the back system. 

Lampard is learning. 

OneMoSalah likes this

Very good of him adapting to the other team and changing formation, hopefully he finds out what to do about Zouma upsetting the balance of our defence. Maybe put Azpi in the Right centerback position once Reece james comes back.

!Hazard! likes this

Just now, Tomo said:

Despite the success today I don't really want 3atb being a regular thing. Too many games will come about where we struggle to create (infact it was the case today until Tomori's bullet opened the gate).

I also do not see that as a long term thing, but I would try out this system against City and Pool.

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I also do not see that as a long term thing, but I would try out this system against City and Pool.

Against those two depends on who we have back, should Rudiger and Kante be fit next weekend I'd rather the 433 as we shown we can dominate Liverpool in the middle with those three (Kova, Jorginho, Kante) while Rudiger always seems to deal with Salah.

Supermonkey92 likes this

Where is his post match interview and post match press conferece. When we are losing or drawing, they are instantly uploaded and now I can not find anything after a win

kellzfresh and Fernando like this