Super Frank Thread

Sentimentality aside, it's fantastic to have 3 former Chelsea players (Newton is meant to be re-joining the first team staff), plus Joe Edwards who was in our youth team running things.

Edwards in particular is one to watch-out for, this is quite interesting (from a few years ago). Look at the players he's known and worked with since they were 7/8...

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/meet-joe-edwards-29-year-old-mastermind-behind-chelseas-youth-team-success

12 hours ago, Pizy said:

How he sets up the midfield will make or break our season. Don't think he'll have Kante in that more advanced position Sarri had him in. Which means Jorginho's place is up in the air. 

4231 bakayoko (jorginho) kante        willian (CHO) barkley (RLC) pulisic  giroud (bats) 

16 hours ago, LAM09 said:

That's crazy to think about. 

Not really mate when you think about it.

When has there been a decent English manager since Brian Clough, and how long ago was that.

I mean general and I don't know why but English managers are crap.......apart from Lamps of course:wub:

I have a good feeling about Lamps. I know I'm biased as I have a man crush on him since 2005 :wub: But even if he wasn't our deity, I'd still feel he is intelligent enough to do well at anything he chooses to. Can't wait for the first games, don't think I've ever been more excited of a season's start... ever, despite all the doom surrounding the club.

25 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Think it bodes well - (though I remember being excited when David Webb was made manager) :ph34r:

I remember reading years ago that David Webb use to make the players tackle cones that's according to Craig Burley 😂😂

13 minutes ago, the wes said:

I remember reading years that David Webb use to make the players tackle cones that's according to Craig Burley 😂😂

Can believe that ! Though to give him credit we did beat the Gooners :)

Welcome home Frank........finally your back, may you become for us what Fergie was for utd. Lamps will demand maximum effort from everyone, as he always gave his maximum in games and training. He is also a good motivator I think. I for one very excited he is our manager. Good luck to all of us and keep that flag flying high.