Super Frank Thread

21 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Absolutely no Pochettino and most definitely no Simeone.

If the time comes where it's clear Lampard can't take us to the next level then Ten Hag is the perfect choice.

After watching Frank de Boers fall from grace after leaving Ajax, I would be hesitant about approaching Erik ten Hag. Not just for us, I dont think ten Hag would of faired well at Bayern either when they wanted him. I think the demands on him at Ajax are nothing compared to a Bayern or a club like us despite Ajax’s success under him. His CL success was good to see and for someone who likes to see these clubs will lesser resources provide a shock, it was refreshing but I think he still has a bit to go before he will get a job of that magnitude.

Nagelsmann, Allegri and Pochettino would all be ahead of him If the club were looking to go for someone else I would think.

Its a weird time now because the number of hugely successful coaches around has dwindled. Clubs have to take a chance more than ever now with younger coaches.

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

What do you expect. Since I have been a Chelsea fan, we rarely created many chances to begin with. We do not have creative players and we rarely had since I am a Chelsea fan. Jorginho, Kovacic and Mount are side way passers. You need guys like Cesc in our midfield to create chances.
Breaking a back 3 needs creativity

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Regardless, at least have a plan even if it's shit. I didn't like it when our only plan was for James to put crosses into the box but at least that was still something. What was today's? We just fucked the ball around and didn't even play to anyone's strengths.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

After watching Frank de Boers fall from grace after leaving Ajax, I would be hesitant about approaching Erik ten Hag. Not just for us, I dont think ten Hag would of faired well at Bayern either when they wanted him. I think the demands on him at Ajax are nothing compared to a Bayern or a club like us despite Ajax’s success under him. His CL success was good to see and for someone who likes to see these clubs will lesser resources provide a shock, it was refreshing but I think he still has a bit to go before he will get a job of that magnitude.

Don't forget Peter Bosz and maybe even someone like Ronald Koeman too. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Given the fixture congestion, I highly doubt we'll see the same lineup for more than 2 consecutive games or 3 at most and I highly doubt Lampard will just leave Mount out even when everyone is available. He will find a way to fit him in somehow. 

Then Mount will be his downfall. Mount is an alright squad player but Lampard wants to use his best players to full extent, he needs to leave out Mount.

Yeah, lets say 5 out of 8 consecutive games, like the games you field your first XI in.

20 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Nagelsmann, Allegri and Pochettino would all be ahead of him If the club were looking to go for someone else I would think.

Its a weird time now because the number of hugely successful coaches around has dwindled. Clubs have to take a chance more than ever now with younger coaches.

I can't really comment on RDB's Ajax as I never seen them but taking a keen interest of Ten Hag's (not just in CL) I'd think he would be well suited to the squad we have with his style of play.

I wouldn't want Pochettino for reasons I gave the other day. He's awful in the market (look at his transfers with Tottenham, the majority were hopeless), doesn't really play a style that suits our current squad, he isn't really that good at promoting youth either as many claim (Kane fell into his lap and Alli was signed from MK) and there's still huge question marks on whether he can keep his cool when the heat rises, 15/16 run in especially he totally cracked up.

37 minutes ago, Azul said:

I say give him the full season out of respect, but I officially don't believe in him as a manager anymore.

He's been here for over a year and we still have not seen any improvement. 

I believe we will not win anything this season with him as a manager, but he is still a Chelsea legend so it would be sad to sack him in a couple of months. 

With the outlay we spent, Champions League will be vital especially with fans not in the stadium. We can not afford to miss the champions league so its better to cut our losses early so that we can salvage the season before its too late.

Just now, Tomo said:

I can't really comment on RDB's Ajax as I never seen them but taking a keen interest of Ten Hag's (not just in CL) I'd think he would be well suited to the squad we have with his style of play.

I wouldn't want Pochettino for reasons I gave the other day. He's awful in the market (look at his transfers with Tottenham, the majority were hopeless), doesn't really play a style that suits our current squad, he isn't really that good at promoting youth either as many claim (Kane fell into his lap and Alli was signed from MK) and there's still huge question marks on whether him when the heat rises, 15/16 run in especially he totally cracked up.

Do agree with some of the Poch reasonings but think his general improvement of Southampton and Spurs as units was impressive as well as the progression some of the players made under him. The likes of Luke Shaw, Son Heung-Min, Adam Lallana, Harry Kane, Victor Wanyama, Christian Eriksen, Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld etc. all throughly improved under him. Lucas Moura as well sort of rejuvenated a struggling career with him. Even Eric Dier has carved out a career as a semi decent footballer with him. Kieran Trippier as well. Suppose there are the duds but I do think with a bigger budget he’d maybe manage to get one or two players who are better than what he had to sign at Spurs, where their budget perhaps restricted them.

4 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

With the outlay we spent, Champions League will be vital especially with fans not in the stadium. We can not afford to miss the champions league so its better to cut our losses early so that we can salvage the season before its too late.

true,,i'm bit of worried from arsenal and the rise of lei - everton form this season. it's gonna be more difficult to secure CL spot. let's return to our basic target in lamps 2nd season,,get the 3rd position comfortably...

44 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

There is actually no fun in watching Chelsea to be fair, nor was for large parts of last season just because this team is a carousel of misplaced passes, a totally clueless defence, a midfield that is overrun and overpowered every single week etc. It is unbelievable that a club of this stature looks so tactically inept.

Lampard is a club legend and I wish he would succeed here more than anyone, but he is not doing himself any favours, no matter the line up he chooses, there seems to be no improvement at all. 

As soon as Pulisic and Ziyech are fit and ready, he must stop chopping and changing and settle to a formation and stick to it no matter the results. Otherwise there is only one outcome for him.

The bold is where the problem lies for me. For some reason, Lamps thinks he can create a formidable team without any team chemistry. Chopping and changing the starting lineup every match will be the end of him.

I can accept changing formations to cope with opposition, but not having different set of defenders every game, different front 4 every game, different midfield every game. I hope he turns this around, its sad to see. 

3 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

The bold is where the problem lies for me. For some reason, Lamps thinks he can create a formidable team without any team chemistry. Chopping and changing the starting lineup every match will be the end of him.

I can accept changing formations to cope with opposition, but not having different set of defenders every game, different front 4 every game, different midfield every game. I hope he turns this around, its sad to see. 

With everyone fit we will steamroll most teams in the country by sheer individual quality, i am sure of that. even without team chemistry. It's probably not the best way forward but I do not really care. Also team chemistry comes with time playing together. I have still not given up this team will grow together as a great group independent of Lampard

30 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

-----------------Mendy---------------

Azpi----Zouma---Silva--Chilwell

----------Kova-----Kante-----------

Ziyech-------Havertz------Pulisic

---------------Werner----------------

Is our best lineup IMO. If we see it for a few, say 5 matches in a row and still do not improve even my patience has run out. Until then I will keep preaching to have faith.

not yet a full team. people still think frank must replace kante/kova with rice. so let's wait for another splash money this week. to complete our £300 transfer project,,even not success under frank. this gonna be strong team for next manager...

11 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

With everyone fit we will steamroll most teams in the country by sheer individual quality, i am sure of that. even without team chemistry. It's probably not the best way forward but I do not really care. Also team chemistry comes with time playing together. I have still not given up this team will grow together as a great group independent of Lampard

I actually think the same. We will have enough individual quality to beat most of the teams  and  our issues will be overlooked. 

14 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I feel the same too. Lamps system is basically a formation change and no real plan, so it usually depends on the form of the players on the day.

So if more consistent players like Pulisic and Ziyech come in, we should do much better in attack automatically. 

1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

I feel the same too. Lamps system is basically a formation change and no real plan, so it usually depends on the form of the players on the day.

So if more consistent players like Pulisic and Ziyech come in, we should do much better in attack automatically. 

This is really no better than Mourinho just relying on individual quality to bail us out of matches.