Super Frank Thread

11 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

There is actually no fun in watching Chelsea to be fair, nor was for large parts of last season just because this team is a carousel of misplaced passes, a totally clueless defence, a midfield that is overrun and overpowered every single week etc. It is unbelievable that a club of this stature looks so tactically inept.

Lampard is a club legend and I wish he would succeed here more than anyone, but he is not doing himself any favours, no matter the line up he chooses, there seems to be no improvement at all. 

As soon as Pulisic and Ziyech are fit and ready, he must stop chopping and changing and settle to a formation and stick to it no matter the results. Otherwise there is only one outcome for him.

Spot on.

Am really curious to know whether all the players are actually convinced by Lampard's grand plan, his ideas, what he wants to do etc based on what we've seen so far. 

Would be nice if The Athletic had maybe tried to explore this angle instead of seemingly painting a rosy picture every single time...

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'm curious to know if Lampard legitimately tells them not to take risks in their passing and to always bloody recycle. 

Thats exactly how it looks. Nobody has the balls to make a risky pass forward. The weird thing is they take risky passes sideways and backwards lol. 

Just now, killer1257 said:

Judge Lampard when Pulisic and Ziyech are 100% fit and played couple of matches in a row.

We should know by now that Mount, Kova and Jorgi will not create you many chances in a game. We need Ziyech asap

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

As I said just a short while ago, if we need Pulisic and Ziyech to perform better, to defend better etc, then we are truly fucked and that says a lot about the coaching.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Am really curious to know whether all the players are actually convinced by Lampard's grand plan, his ideas, what he wants to do etc based on what we've seen so far. 

Would be nice if The Athletic had maybe tried to explore this angle instead of seemingly painting a rosy picture every single time...

I think he's overcomplicated things since lockdown, i was by inlarge happy with things upto then.I wonder how different things would have looked if the shutdown didn't happen and we maintained the Gilmour inspired momentum. 

As I said just a short while ago, if we need Pulisic and Ziyech to perform better, to defend better etc, then we are truly fucked and that says a lot about the coaching.

Ziyech and Pulisic can finish matches because they can find the right passes. CHO and Mount cannot. We need to kill these matches

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

I think he's overcomplicated things since lockdown, i was by inlarge happy with things upto then.I wonder how different things would have looked if the shutdown didn't happen and we maintained the Gilmour inspired momentum. 

True but it is debatable whether we would have made the Top 4 given Pulisic basically single handedly took us to 4th had the pandemic not happened.

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Ziyech and Pulisic can finish matches because they can find the right passes. CHO and Mount cannot. We need to kill these matches

Yes, but they can't be the solution to all our problems. 

But on the bigger picture, besides those CHO and Mount moments, what exactly was our plan today? We scored a goal but were pretty much toothless otherwise. We didn't look like we had a plan to break down Spurs' back 3. We basically just kept passing the ball to oblivion.

1 minute ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Why is everyone hating on Mount. The guy puts in effort every match and is far better than you lot make him look like. He is not the one who coaches the defence, is he?

Not one is bashing Mount for the lack of effort but more for the lack of quality. Forgive me if I'm being harsh but at the moment, Mount is to Lampard what Oscar was to Mourinho - a functional player who works hard in the team and can some produce some good moments here and there but ultimately not consistent to be really good at the highest level. Obviously given Mount's age, it is still to early to form that last bit as a conclusion for him but otherwise, it sure feels that way right now with Mount. 

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

-----------------Mendy---------------

Azpi----Zouma---Silva--Chilwell

----------Kova-----Kante-----------

Ziyech-------Havertz------Pulisic

---------------Werner----------------

Is our best lineup IMO. If we see it for a few, say 5 matches in a row and still do not improve even my patience has run out. Until then I will keep preaching to have faith.

Given the fixture congestion, I highly doubt we'll see the same lineup for more than 2 consecutive games or 3 at most and I highly doubt Lampard will just leave Mount out even when everyone is available. He will find a way to fit him in somehow. 

Yes, but they can't be the solution to all our problems. 
But on the bigger picture, besides those CHO and Mount moments, what exactly was our plan today? We scored a goal but were pretty much toothless otherwise. We didn't look like we had a plan to break down Spurs' back 3. We basically just kept passing the ball to oblivion.

What do you expect. Since I have been a Chelsea fan, we rarely created many chances to begin with. We do not have creative players and we rarely had since I am a Chelsea fan. Jorginho, Kovacic and Mount are side way passers. You need guys like Cesc in our midfield to create chances.
Breaking a back 3 needs creativity