Super Frank Thread

54 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

I don't think so, he will more likely go to Italy or France.

only a few clubs would interest him that he has not already been at

PSG

Juve (Pirlo may be there for years though)

AC Milan <<< this would be the play for me, as long as they back him

maybe (its a stretch) Inter

maybe Atletico Madrid (Simeone would have to bounce)

or back to Barca

he would never take the Real job, nor Dortmund (too small), nor any other EPL club (unless it was us! lol, joking)

maybe the Spanish national team

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

only a few clubs would interest him that he has not already been at

PSG

Juve (Pirlo may be there for years though)

AC Milan <<< this would be the play for me, as long as they back him

maybe (its a stretch) Inter

maybe Atletico Madrid (Simeone would have to bounce)

or back to Barca

he would never take the Real job, nor Dortmund (too small), nor any other EPL club (unless it was us! lol, joking)

maybe the Spanish national team

Atletico? Zero chance Guardiola will go there. As for Barca i can't see anytime soon especially if Victor Font won the next presidential election. However, if Joan Laporta is the one who manage to won the election then i can see Guardiola might be tempted to go back.

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Nagel.

Nagelsmann already has said for ages his dream is to manage in the EPL, as it is the best league in the world

I really hope Barca and Real collapse as powers

nothing special about Spain, they do not have a birth right to have the two biggest clubs in the world, Barca from birth in 1899 to 2005 won ONE European Cup/CL, in 91/92

only reason they won most of the others was Messi

I do not respect most of La Liga

other than the big 3 and Sevilla, they are often super dregs

its a pussy league

lately I much more enjoy Ligue ! ffs, the quality of play is better by the year, and they have insane youth

Spanish youth are nowhere near as good as French youth

Ansu Fati is an African transplant from a non Spanish African nation, Guinea-Bissau, which was a Portuguese colony

thy have no other teens atm who are special (that could change if someone like Pedri  or Ilaix Moriba (I love him, a 17yo Barca CMF, but like Fati, he is not  Spanish by birth or ex colony, he is a Francophone African, from Guinea) or Ander Barrenetxea  or Bryan Gil  blows up)

the only other under 21 special player they have is Ferran Torres and he is soon 21

the only special 21yo they have atm is probably Riqui Puig

French teens to 21yo¨s are far more numerous at top potential levels

sorted by age from youngest (17) to oldest at 21yo (and value within the ages)

Eduardo Camavinga   
Rayan Cherki  

Tanguy Nianzou    
Arthur Zagre    
Adil Aouchiche
William Saliba    
Benoît Badiashile

Rayan Aït Nouri  

Wesley Fofana    
Bafodé Diakité   
Han-Noah Massengo    
Willem Geubbels
Khéphren Thuram    
Boubacar Kamara    
Aurélien Tchouaméni   

Jean-Clair Todibo    
Mohamed Simakan   << great 20yo CB
Maxence Caqueret   
Yacine Adli   
Illan Meslier  << my top young keeper, he has looked amazing at Leeds for a 19, 20yo
Kylian Mbappé    
Dayot Upamecano   
Ibrahima Konaté   
Moussa Diaby    
Mattéo Guendouzi    
Dan-Axel Zagadou    
Jules Koundé    
Boubakary Soumaré   
Evan N'Dicka    
Malang Sarr    

Ibrahima Diallo   
Youssouf Fofana   
Alban Lafont    
Stanley Nsoki   
Michaël Cuisance   

what country would you rather have for 21 and unders, lololol

28 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Nagelsmann already has said for ages his dream is to manage in the EPL, as it is the best league in the world

I really hope Barca and Real collapse as powers

nothing special about Spain, they do not have a birth right to have the two biggest clubs in the world, Barca from birth in 1899 to 2005 won ONE European Cup/CL, in 91/92

only reason they won most of the others was Messi

I do not respect most of La Liga

other than the big 3 and Sevilla, they are often super dregs

its a pussy league

lately I much more enjoy Ligue ! ffs, the quality of play is better by the year, and they have insane youth

Spanish youth are nowhere near as good as French youth

Ansu Fati is an African transplant from a non Spanish African nation, Guinea-Bissau, which was a Portuguese colony

thy have no other teens atm who are special (that could change if someone like Pedri  or Ilaix Moriba (I love him, a 17yo Barca CMF, but like Fati, he is not  Spanish by birth or ex colony, he is a Francophone African, from Guinea) or Ander Barrenetxea  or Bryan Gil  blows up)

the only other under 21 special player they have is Ferran Torres and he is soon 21

the only special 21yo they have atm is probably Riqui Puig

French teens to 21yo¨s are far more numerous at top potential levels

sorted by age from youngest (17) to oldest at 21yo (and value within the ages)

Eduardo Camavinga   
Rayan Cherki  

Tanguy Nianzou    
Arthur Zagre    
Adil Aouchiche
William Saliba    
Benoît Badiashile

Rayan Aït Nouri  

Wesley Fofana    
Bafodé Diakité   
Han-Noah Massengo    
Willem Geubbels
Khéphren Thuram    
Boubacar Kamara    
Aurélien Tchouaméni   

Jean-Clair Todibo    
Mohamed Simakan   << great 20yo CB
Maxence Caqueret   
Yacine Adli   
Illan Meslier  << my top young keeper, he has looked amazing at Leeds for a 19, 20yo
Kylian Mbappé    
Dayot Upamecano   
Ibrahima Konaté   
Moussa Diaby    
Mattéo Guendouzi    
Dan-Axel Zagadou    
Jules Koundé    
Boubakary Soumaré   
Evan N'Dicka    
Malang Sarr    

Ibrahima Diallo   
Youssouf Fofana   
Alban Lafont    
Stanley Nsoki   
Michaël Cuisance   

what country would you rather have for 21 and unders, lololol

Going to take me awhile to look thru that little lot but I always do.

If lampard has brought in a defensive coach, then this won't be solved over night takes constant practice and we have no pre season basically we have been thrown straight back into the EPL to practice defensive dutys. Obviously we will struggle to start with, but I am willing to give Frank time, because let's be honest here he has more than earned the right for that just as a player, never mind as a manager.

3 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

If lampard has brought in a defensive coach, then this won't be solved over night takes constant practice and we have no pre season basically we have been thrown straight back into the EPL to practice defensive dutys. Obviously we will struggle to start with, but I am willing to give Frank time, because let's be honest here he has more than earned the right for that just as a player, never mind as a manager.

On one of the recent Chelsea training videos it appeared that the new coach was drilling the players during a small game for which players to press and when. 

I think this will be a key element of the defensive game because it's far too easy at times to play through our press and exploit gaps. Individuals like Mount and Kante press well individually and the new lads we've brought look like they'll also do well on this part of their game (Werner is pretty obvious, but I was also very impressed with the effort and amount of running Havertz put in against West Brom in the second half when chasing the game). However collectively, a lot of work seems to be needed on this.

Like you've said however, no one is going to come in overnight and wave a magic wand. Even more so with no real pre season to work on this stuff.

It is something I would like to think will improve as the season goes on, and it'll be critical over the next couple of months that we do see some improvement over this.

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

I do not like this

not at all

he was shit on defence at Derby

he was shit on defence here last year

and now, we still are not improving

I will give him time when we get Mendy and Chilwell and Ziyech (Ziyech for offensive flow which aids the defence, look at prime shitty) in

but improvement simply must start over the next couple of months

I don't think the problem is on coaching though. 

2 hours ago, communicate said:

I don't think the problem is on coaching though. 

It most def is mate, the whole organisation is bonkers. Our defence didnt just become troublesome out the blue, these defenders can do better im sure of it. Yes they might not be WC, but they aint the shitshow we have witnessed either.

Exclusive: Lampard fury as Alonso tries to watch second half on bus, not with team

https://theathletic.com/2099233/2020/09/28/alonso-marcos-lampard-bus/

marcos-alonso-lampard-bus-row-e1601309311142.jpg

Chelsea coach Frank Lampard handed Marcos Alonso a furious dressing down in front of his team-mates after the left-back tried to watch the second half of their game at West Brom on the team coach rather than with the rest of the substitutes.

Multiple sources have told The Athletic that Lampard confronted Alonso following the 3-3 draw on Saturday evening having discovered he went to the bus on his own without permission after being taken off at half-time.

Alonso was one of two players changed at the interval. Mateo Kovacic also paid the price for a disastrous 45 minutes from the visitors, who trailed Slaven Bilic’s side 3-0.

But while the Croatia midfielder took his place in the stands with the rest of Chelsea’s contingent to watch proceedings in the second half as normal, it is understood Alonso went to the team coach after taking a shower.

Observers at the game did spot the 29-year-old within 10-15 minutes of the restart back inside the confines of the ground, but were surprised to see him in a different area to where the away group are expected to be, especially with strict COVID-19 protocols in place.

Insiders have described Lampard as being “the angriest they’ve ever seen him” as he lambasted Alonso for his actions in front of stunned team-mates. It is believed the Chelsea boss made a point of saying how while the side had shown great togetherness, determination and character to fight back from three goals down to earn a point, the Spain international had shown he wasn’t bothered about the team and that he made the situation all about him.

One source explains: “The players were saying they have never seen the manager like this. It kicked off after the game and he was going mad at Alonso. Some were talking about how they’d be surprised if he plays for Chelsea ever again.”

It was no surprise Lampard chose to replace Alonso with Cesar Azpilicueta at the break after he was guilty of errors for two of West Brom’s goals. His tame header straight to Matheus Pereira led to Callum Robinson being set up for the opening strike in the fourth minute. He also left Kyle Bartley unmarked following a flick on at a corner and the West Brom defender found the net with ease at the back post to make it 3-0 to the home side.

Thiago Silva slipped up for the second goal to allow Robinson through, but Lampard did seem to single out Alonso for criticism during an interview with Sky Sports after the final whistle.

Asked if they were the kind of goals he’s trying to eradicate at the moment, he replied: “Yes. They were clear mistakes. The first one Marcos heads it into the middle of the pitch for them for a transition. Thiago’s one is a mistake. He’s been around long enough to know that and we will certainly give him that one in his first game. And then Marcos loses his man for the third goal from the corner, a clear mistake. You can do as many meetings as you want, if you are going to make those mistakes you give yourself a mountain to climb.”

Pressed on why he made those two substitutions in particular, with Callum Hudson-Odoi coming on for Kovacic, he added: “To give a bit of urgency to the team, a speed of pass, to move it. Azpi brings personality straight into the team, even at left-back.”

Alonso’s role as first choice left-back under Lampard was already over after Chelsea signed Ben Chilwell from Leicester City for £50 million last month. The England international has yet to play a Premier League game for his new club because he has been working his way back to match fitness after a heel injury.

That has allowed Alonso to start the first three Premier League games with Italy left-back Emerson Palmieri named in the first XI for the Carabao Cup game against Barnsley last week.

However, Chilwell came on for the last 24 minutes of that match, setting up an assist for Olivier Giroud near the end of the club’s 6-0 victory. He has been named in the squad to face Tottenham on Tuesday night in the fourth round and will be expected to be in the team on a regular basis from now on, injury permitting.

Alonso will have two years left on his contract at the end of this season, but his actions have put his future at Stamford Bridge in serious doubt. Inter Milan and Juventus have been linked with him in recent months, while Emerson has attracted interest from both Serie A clubs too, plus London rivals West Ham.

Lampard is keen to reduce the size of the squad before the window shuts having spent over £200 million on Hakim Ziyech, Kai Havertz, Timo Werner, Edouard Mendy and Chilwell, plus Silva and Malang Sarr as free agents.

Chelsea signed Alonso from Fiorentina for around £23 million in 2016 and has won the Premier League, FA Cup and Europa League since then. Should he depart before the window shuts on October 5, the most likely option will be on an initial season-long loan.

47 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

It most def is mate, the whole organisation is bonkers. Our defence didnt just become troublesome out the blue, these defenders can do better im sure of it. Yes they might not be WC, but they aint the shitshow we have witnessed either.

Terry seems to be having a real impact on Villas defence, they are much tighter lately

and JT always did have a pair on him

Chelsea hero John Terry back at spiritual home | Sport | The Times

lolol

zero chance he would accept some of this assclownish defending

perfect summary from that Thiago article

Lampard has every reason to be confident that he can trust Silva going forward, but the broader hellscape of Chelsea’s defending under his management cannot be explained as a series of perfect storms: that’s now one clean sheet in 21 Premier League away matches (December’s 2-0 win at Tottenham Hotspur) since he took charge, and six goals conceded in the first three league matches of this season to follow the startling tally of 54 given up in 2019-20. On top of it all, his latest change of marking system doesn’t seem to have improved the team’s ability to survive opposition corners.

25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Terry seems to be having a real impact on Villas defence, they are much tighter lately

and JT always did have a pair on him

Chelsea hero John Terry back at spiritual home | Sport | The Times

lolol

zero chance he would accept some of this assclownish defending

He would rip them a new one, he was a no nonsense defender, always giving his best, always leading, always took one for the team physically or otherwise.

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

Exclusive: Lampard fury as Alonso tries to watch second half on bus, not with team

https://theathletic.com/2099233/2020/09/28/alonso-marcos-lampard-bus/

marcos-alonso-lampard-bus-row-e1601309311142.jpg

Chelsea coach Frank Lampard handed Marcos Alonso a furious dressing down in front of his team-mates after the left-back tried to watch the second half of their game at West Brom on the team coach rather than with the rest of the substitutes.

Multiple sources have told The Athletic that Lampard confronted Alonso following the 3-3 draw on Saturday evening having discovered he went to the bus on his own without permission after being taken off at half-time.

Alonso was one of two players changed at the interval. Mateo Kovacic also paid the price for a disastrous 45 minutes from the visitors, who trailed Slaven Bilic’s side 3-0.

But while the Croatia midfielder took his place in the stands with the rest of Chelsea’s contingent to watch proceedings in the second half as normal, it is understood Alonso went to the team coach after taking a shower.

Observers at the game did spot the 29-year-old within 10-15 minutes of the restart back inside the confines of the ground, but were surprised to see him in a different area to where the away group are expected to be, especially with strict COVID-19 protocols in place.

Insiders have described Lampard as being “the angriest they’ve ever seen him” as he lambasted Alonso for his actions in front of stunned team-mates. It is believed the Chelsea boss made a point of saying how while the side had shown great togetherness, determination and character to fight back from three goals down to earn a point, the Spain international had shown he wasn’t bothered about the team and that he made the situation all about him.

One source explains: “The players were saying they have never seen the manager like this. It kicked off after the game and he was going mad at Alonso. Some were talking about how they’d be surprised if he plays for Chelsea ever again.”

It was no surprise Lampard chose to replace Alonso with Cesar Azpilicueta at the break after he was guilty of errors for two of West Brom’s goals. His tame header straight to Matheus Pereira led to Callum Robinson being set up for the opening strike in the fourth minute. He also left Kyle Bartley unmarked following a flick on at a corner and the West Brom defender found the net with ease at the back post to make it 3-0 to the home side.

Thiago Silva slipped up for the second goal to allow Robinson through, but Lampard did seem to single out Alonso for criticism during an interview with Sky Sports after the final whistle.

Asked if they were the kind of goals he’s trying to eradicate at the moment, he replied: “Yes. They were clear mistakes. The first one Marcos heads it into the middle of the pitch for them for a transition. Thiago’s one is a mistake. He’s been around long enough to know that and we will certainly give him that one in his first game. And then Marcos loses his man for the third goal from the corner, a clear mistake. You can do as many meetings as you want, if you are going to make those mistakes you give yourself a mountain to climb.”

Is that really a quote from Lamp on the third goal?