Super Frank Thread

We will get at some time this season a knee jerk slagging off of each of Werner/Kai/Ziyech. They take/create so many chances some go wildly wrong. It took eack of their dans time to realize that the pluses far outweighed the minuses.

What Im waiting for is Mount to break or get run into the ground thru playing so much. Because Mount is ok fresh but not when hes tired.

49 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Yes, he missed chances, but people exxagerate all the time. Nobody talks about Ronaldo needing to shoot 7 times in a match to score a goal (prime CR7). Nobody talks about Messi, who is the goat, needing 6 shots to score a goal. Yes, there guys like Icardi, who only need three shots to score a goal, but not every player has Icardi shot conversarion rate. And Lewandowski, who is now considered to the best striker in the world, is completely horrible at converting shots into goals. There is a reason why he even missed the most chances in Bundesliga.

Yes, I really do not get what Sky and sometimes DAZN experts are talking about. The funniest thing was that in Caraboa Cup, the commentator called Barkley a "legend" emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png. WTF. Legend in the club/party scene maybe, but on the pitch lol.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

It's not about the misses, it's his overall play that is what people don't like.He looks clumsy at times and hispassing is often missing. And the problem with the youth is that our prospects are way overhyped. Tammy's record after the hatrrick against Wolves is 6 goals in 21 starts which is not good at all. Even for a Chelsea 2nd choice CF. 

I think the sub of Silva was a mistake and the 3rd goal was actually down to pure luck. We lost our momentum and  control of the game. We pushed WBA deep, they were panicking after the second goal but we gave them a space to exploit and relieved some of the pressure.On the other hand, his half-time subs were on point. 

Chelsea Spend almost 200 mil for attacking players, what about the defence?

Chelsea bought a pensioner as their starting CB, an injured LB and in fashionably late a GK that no one knows...

Imo, better we bought a world class GK and a world class CB, instead of Kai.

It's not about the misses, it's his overall play that is what people don't like.He looks clumsy at times and hispassing is often missing. And the problem with the youth is that our prospects are way overhyped. Tammy's record after the hatrrick against Wolves is 6 goals in 21 starts which is not good at all. Even for a Chelsea 2nd choice CF. 

I think the sub of Silva was a mistake and the 3rd goal was actually down to pure luck. We lost our momentum and  control of the game. We pushed WBA deep, they were panicking after the second goal but we gave them a space to exploit and relieved some of the pressure.On the other hand, his half-time subs were on point. 

He looks clumsy and his passing is not that good, okay. But we bought Werner, who has a bad first touch and his passing is missing often times too. Nobody criticizes Werner for that. In the end, strikers need to score goals. Diego Costa's passing and technique was not good either, but he was a monster in his prime.

By the way, Tammy, outscored couple of Drogba's seasons.

3 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Yes, he missed chances, but people exxagerate all the time. Nobody talks about Ronaldo needing to shoot 7 times in a match to score a goal (prime CR7). Nobody talks about Messi, who is the goat, needing 6 shots to score a goal. Yes, there guys like Icardi, who only need three shots to score a goal, but not every player has Icardi shot conversarion rate. And Lewandowski, who is now considered to the best striker in the world, is completely horrible at converting shots into goals. There is a reason why he even missed the most chances in Bundesliga.

Yes, I really do not get what Sky and sometimes DAZN experts are talking about. The funniest thing was that in Caraboa Cup, the commentator called Barkley a "legend" emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png. WTF. Legend in the club/party scene maybe, but on the pitch lol.

No way do we exaggerate. Tammy misses absolute sitters time and time again. If he had put away some of the chances in the first half... we would have won that game. The fact that people let him get away with it still is beyond me. We need a killer uptop... this is Chelsea FC not some mid table club who should be happy with a player who can bag 1 in 4 chances and does nothing else.. because most of the time Tammy literally does nothing else. Messi and Lewa are elite players in their all around game.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Indeed...as seen as by his Abraham selection and his "Oh, Abraham & Havertz had good connection last game, let's try to build on it" thought out of nowhere. 

We can't have it both ways. Under previous managers we moaned about strong performances not being rewarded now we're moaning that they are? 

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

We can't have it both ways. Under previous managers we moaned about strong performances not being rewarded now we're moaning that they are? 

For context...

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Personally, I was skeptical because there is a reason why Abraham is no longer starting on a regular basis and there is a reason why we went out to buy someone like Werner. But Abraham was rewarded with a place in the starting XI just because he did well against a lower league opposition in a League Cup game and because of his apparent connection with Havertz. Can you imagine if we had rewarded Batshuayi with a place in the starting XI in the past because he did well in the cup games? Although Abraham did well to score the equalizer, he contributed little elsewhere and Lampard starting him also seemed to have a detrimental effect on Werner because he was operating in areas where he couldn't do what he was ultimately bought for - to score goals. He was playing on the LW, RW, dropping deep in central areas to pick up the ball etc. Not where we want him to be, not what we want him to do.

Anyway the main point is, Lampard needs to have a clear idea on his attacking plan and stick with it. It might not be perfect to begin with, but stick with it and work on it. It's sure much better than constantly changing it every single time, especially with little time to even practice it between games this season. We have played 3 league games this season and the attacking front 3/4 has been different in each of them. How can we expect any sort of understanding, consistency or chemistry if we are gonna be chopping and changing so much? Abraham starting yesterday was a clearly reactionary to what he did with Havertz against Barnsley because if Lampard had planned for that, Abraham wouldn't have started on the bench for the first two games. You might not agree but this is why I - and maybe some others - have concerns over whether Lampard knows what to do with all these attacking options and this is without Pulisic and Ziyech by the way. 

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Because breaking down parked was even more of a problem last year than defense.

Put it this way, last season we don't score three in 45 minutes against a team sitting that deep.

I disagree here.

We scored 69 goals last season in the PL, the third highest team.

We conceded 54 goals last season in the PL, 11th place joint with brighton.

I'm still thinking we must to improve our defence before we going to splash the cash on our attack. instead of Havertz, we could bought 2 World class players for defence.

6 hours ago, Jype said:

Just ok-ish? If that's not a great overall performance, why don't you tell us what he needs to do for you to admit he's done well? 

In WhoScored metrics, Mount scored an 8.52 rating yesterday. Second highest in the Chelsea team was CHO at 7.56 and from those who played the full 90 mins Havertz came closest at 7.37. That's not only because Mount scored a goal, he played well otherwise too. It helped him to move more centrally after CHO came on and the formation changed but even in the first half Mount created that one great chance for Werner which he then shot into the crossbar.

Either way, CHO did really well too and his performance yesterday certainly didn't hurt his chances of playing more. He should start on Tuesday against Spurs to build up his match sharpness and form.

He could score a hattrick and still be "shit" for some of the "fans" on here. 

12 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

I disagree here.

We scored 69 goals last season in the PL, the third highest team.

We conceded 54 goals last season in the PL, 11th place joint with brighton.

I'm still thinking we must to improve our defence before we going to splash the cash on our attack. instead of Havertz, we could bought 2 World class players for defence.

That basically was down to the fact we were devastating when teams attacked us. When teams sat back and we had to find a way ourselves we were utterly clueless unless Pulisic was playing like superman, even against the worst team at home we made a meal out of breaking them down.

An example to what i'm saying would be United, season before last they shipped 54 just like we did last season, they decided to prioritize their defense and granted they did concede a lot less, but ultimately they still needed a game changing attacking player in January to even match their points total from the season they conceded 54. 

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Because breaking down parked was even more of a problem last year than defense.

Put it this way, last season we don't score three in 45 minutes against a team sitting that deep.

Hmm, not sure I agree with your assessment. Other than middle of season spell when Tammy misfired, puli injured and Giroud for some not being played we could score against anybody. 

Transition defense, set pieces defense, gk and offensively lack of control are our biggest problems. 

I won't use wba for example in term of breaking team down, they were really bad. 

1 hour ago, communicate said:

I won't use wba for example in term of breaking team down, they were really bad. 

They were, but so were WHU and Bournemouth last season when they walked away from The Bridge with comfortable clean sheets.

1 hour ago, communicate said:

Hmm, not sure I agree with your assessment. Other than middle of season spell when Tammy misfired, puli injured and Giroud for some not being played we could score against anybody. 

That's what i mean, we were heavily reliant on Pulisic and to an extent whoever was selected out of Oli/Tammy being bang on form. Whenever that wasn't the case even a stagnant Bournemouth side with a woeful defensive record missing most their first team were comfortably keeping us at bay.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Hmm...title seems to be out of context.

As per the article : "but, asked if he would consider bringing in a former team-mate capable of fixing the defensive issues, Lampard provided a one-word answer: "no"

Basically, would he bring in another former team-mate like Cech to coach the defense? I wouldn't mind him answering 'no' to that.

Also, I thought he already hired a new defense coach for this season?? Not sure why he would go for another one so soon.

Everything points out that Guardiola will leave City, it is not known what can happen in other big 6 clubs, but Man Utd has exactly the same problem as us and will end up doing the same in the short term that we will be forced to.

There will already be two major competitors in perspective.

And there is a man.
The man.

Nagel is the mann.

I hope that Roman and Marina have already moved with the insight of a good chess player.

14 minutes ago, prehuman said:

Everything points out that Guardiola will leave City, it is not known what can happen in other big 6 clubs, but Man Utd has exactly the same problem as us and will end up doing the same in the short term that we will be forced to.

There will already be two major competitors in perspective.

And there is a man.
The man.

Nagel is the mann.

I hope that Roman and Marina have already moved with the insight of a good chess player.

I think he will goto Spain