Super Frank Thread

We scored 6 goals in the league in 3 games and 4 best attackers scored zero. So this is positive. Kai and Timo can only become much better and Puli and Ziyech are still not fit. Basically we can expect to win games 4-3

When you not have good option when Chillwell is out : 

Option one :

Picking 3-4-3

Option two :

Pick Emerson LB

Option three :

Pick Azpilicueta LB

But you  still picking Alonso  LB in formation with 4 defenders again  and again , and expect different results .

Stop it Frank .

40 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

We scored 6 goals in the league in 3 games and 4 best attackers scored zero. So this is positive. Kai and Timo can only become much better and Puli and Ziyech are still not fit. Basically we can expect to win games 4-3

And conceded 6 too...

I feel abit sorry for Frank for this reason, think off his transfers as ingredients for a cake, he has the eggs and flour atm but he's missing the milk and sugar, I HOPE he knows exactly what he's going to play like and his starting 11 purely from who he's brought in. So atm he's trying to get by because the players that are available just do not fit how he wants to play, and u can't just make a cake with flour and eggs, he needs his milk  sugar (not sure if these ingredients are right but u get my point). Until and I mean UNTIL I see his full project (cake) on that pitch playing together, I will sit bite my tongue and continue to sit in hope. But atm he's dealt a shitty hand LB he's bought chillwell, CD silva (needs to get fit n sharp) werner, kai just getting used to this league and u can see the potential is there. Think we just need to calm down and wait to see the cake before we can truly judge Frank. I see ppl say same defence issues as last year... Well yeah we are still playing the same shit defenders that's why. We have a new GK LB CD (silva like I say needs to get fit) RW and LW to come into this team thats 5 players just under half the team come on guys keep faith and wait for the end product.

Lampard singling Alonso out and blaming him in his post match presser. Don't remember ever hearing him single players out and dig into them like that. 

I really can't fault him for selecting Alonso when I think about it. Dave at LB handicaps us and limits our width on the left side. Emerson really doesn't have the IQ you want in a top full back. Alonso can at least offer a set piece presence, both attacking and defending. 

45 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

I feel abit sorry for Frank for this reason, think off his transfers as ingredients for a cake, he has the eggs and flour atm but he's missing the milk and sugar, I HOPE he knows exactly what he's going to play like and his starting 11 purely from who he's brought in. So atm he's trying to get by because the players that are available just do not fit how he wants to play, and u can't just make a cake with flour and eggs, he needs his milk  sugar (not sure if these ingredients are right but u get my point). Until and I mean UNTIL I see his full project (cake) on that pitch playing together, I will sit bite my tongue and continue to sit in hope. But atm he's dealt a shitty hand LB he's bought chillwell, CD silva (needs to get fit n sharp) werner, kai just getting used to this league and u can see the potential is there. Think we just need to calm down and wait to see the cake before we can truly judge Frank. I see ppl say same defence issues as last year... Well yeah we are still playing the same shit defenders that's why. We have a new GK LB CD (silva like I say needs to get fit) RW and LW to come into this team thats 5 players just under half the team come on guys keep faith and wait for the end product.

You can have all the right ingredients to make a cake but if you dont have the knowledge to put the right mixture together or find the right recipe - you're fucked!

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I really can't fault him for selecting Alonso when I think about it. Dave at LB handicaps us and limits our width on the left side.

And yet, Azpi was brought on for Alonso when we were 3-0 down at HT.

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Emerson really doesn't have the IQ you want in a top full back.

Neither Emerson nor Alonso are great. They are both crap, to put it kindly, and think we all can agree that. Personally, I would play Emerson simply because he has better athleticism than Alonso. He certainly won't get outrun by a player who started 10 yards (or whatever it was) back!

11 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Alonso can at least offer a set piece presence, both attacking and defending. 

This is a bit of myth. Alonso is useless at defending set pieces. His height is only useful if the ball comes to him. Otherwise, we end up with what happened with West Brom's 3rd goal. 

Also, when was the last time Alonso was a threat in attacking set pieces? Has he ever been a threat? And please, don't give me taking the free kick nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

You can have all the right ingredients to make a cake but if you dont have the knowledge to put the right mixture together or find the right recipe - you're fucked!

Thats true but we haven't tasted the cake yet so we dunno 

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

And yet, Azpi was brought on for Alonso when we were 3-0 down at HT.

Neither Emerson nor Alonso are great. They are both crap, to put it kindly, and think we all can agree that. Personally, I would play Emerson simply because he has better athleticism than Alonso. He certainly won't get outrun by a player who started 10 yards (or whatever it was) back!

This is a bit of myth. Alonso is useless at defending set pieces. His height is only useful if the ball comes to him. Otherwise, we end up with what happened with West Brom's 3rd goal. 

Also, when was the last time Alonso was a threat in attacking set pieces? Has he ever been a threat? And please, don't give me taking the free kick nonsense. 

My point is that neither option we have at the moment is good enough. Be it Alonso, Emerson or Dave. Emerson has been given a run of games under Lampard and has continued to look an utter liability.  Either Lampard plays two defensively poor left backs or Dave who completely limits our width on the left side, which has been infuriating time and time again. 

There's no right answer here. 

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

My point is that neither option we have at the moment is good enough. Be it Alonso, Emerson or Dave. Emerson has been given a run of games under Lampard and has continued to look an utter liability.  Either Lampard plays two defensively poor left backs or Dave who completely limits our width on the left side, which has been infuriating time and time again. 

Mount?

I'm going to defend Frank after giving it much thought and watching the game again. We started very sharply against WB with quick interchanging movement. The individual mistakes were not Franks doing. Yes you can put the lineup on him, like why did Alonso start over Emerson and Mount should have started in midfield for me with Odoi on the LW. He obviously wanted to see what Wernee was like on the wing where he played for RB Leipzig before. It didn't work out yesterday. If those individual errors didn't occur then we would have won the game comfortably. We definitely need to see continuity on his team selection but it hasn't been easy with the endless injuries to players in key positions. He is also trying to get everyone fit as rotation is going to be pivotal in a chaotic fixture list that will test the endurance of any squad in English football. I think we will see all the big teams have wobbles this season, given the lack of pre-season and from the sheer amount of games to be played. Going back to the game though, I really felt asif we were attacking more fluidly before he changed the formation and everybody decided to stand still for 40 minutes or so.. although I think that was down to fatigue more than anything. There is still alot to come from Frank but there is no doubt he needs to settle the back 4 with Mendy in goal and then choose a midfield that can deal with the transition defensively but still be mobile enough to counter the press. Once he does that, the attack doesn't need much thinking... we are already banging enough goals in.

Three games, three bad performances so far. Barnsley game is more of a pre season. 

A lot people keep talking about Alonso starting. Starting Alonso is not a problem, yes he was very bad. The problem with Lamp is that he pick player based on ohh he had good game last time, let's play him next game. 

Against WBA he started Silva and Alonso on the same side, too slow of a pairing. I like when I saw Werner playing wide, ahh at least he will stay wide a couple time. Nope he was narrow all the time. Hence Alonso need to play as winger pretty much all the time. 

Now tons of people say emerson is better, nope emerson is awful. But if you want your lb to play wide and beating player, Alonso is useless, emerson make more sense. 

2nd half, Azpi and especially CHO helped us big time. Good sub, but why in the hell CHO didn't start. CHO started on the right but James can handle right wing on his own. When CHO moved to the left suddenly our left side turn alive. All azpi need to do make was easy pass to cho, stay back or under or overlap, done. 

When we brought Giroud on, I thought it was for Tammy or maybe Werner but it was for Silva. We changed to 3412, suddenly our offense turned into turd. Our two fb need to start deep to start the attack rather than staying high. 

6 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Sure, Azpi limits out width on the left side but let's not pretend Alonso - or Emerson for that matter - does anything useful going forward, especially in a flat back four. 

He does not know what he is doing, the same thing as last year, perhaps even worse than last year because now all the excuses he has used are only covering the eyes of fewer and fewer people.

It will be a long and frustrating season in general, at some point the administration and some fans will realize that in the place of coach of an elite club, someone has to be qualified for this position and not a legendary player of the club who already had difficulties to coach a Derby County in the Championship.

Several players are being publicly burned to cover up the gross errors of Lampard's mismanagement and lack of skills.
While others are protected and play because they have a stronger personal affinity with him.

It is a disaster, something that can happen in an amateur club, but not at Chelsea FC.

3 hours ago, communicate said:

The problem with Lamp is that he pick player based on ohh he had good game last time, let's play him next game. 

Indeed...as seen as by his Abraham selection and his "Oh, Abraham & Havertz had good connection last game, let's try to build on it" thought out of nowhere. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Indeed...as seen as by his Abraham selection and his "Oh, Abraham & Havertz had good connection last game, let's try to build on it" thought out of nowhere. 

Yep. Lampard so far has been a very reactionary manager. He has to find an attacking plan and stick to it. I hope he finally comes around to CHO in place of Tammy and Werner and Havertz through the middle.

Eventually Pulisic Havertz Ziyech with Werner up front. Giroud/Tammy/Mount/CHO rotating. That is a solid set of options.