Super Frank Thread

If we want to consider ourselves a big club, and with the players we have, we should be beating Brighton comfortably 2 or 3-0 without being 100% fit which this lineup should have achieved. 100% fitness is really on necessary for games against the top 6-8 and champions league.

maybe not right away, but sometime later in the season onwards i would see:
4-3-3
 Recee - Zouma - silva - chilwell

havertz - gilmour - kovacic
( kante) - (jorginho)- (mount)

ziyech  - werner  - pulisic
              ( giroud) - (CHO)

others: christiensen, rudiger, azpilicueta,alonso, barkley, tammy

4-2-3-1

kante - kovacic  (gilmour for rotation and jorgi)
ziyech - havert  - pulisic
             (mount) - (CHO)
             werner
             (giroud)

I actually think it was tactically spot on. Everyone expected us to come out all guns blazing and run out of steam early but we sat deep and waited for the counter attack opps. Individualy it was a very poor performance. the passing from all midfielders was terrible. werner would have needed just a coupleof great passes straight through the middle and he would have socred a hatful. we had brightons number just couldnt finish them off. RJ and Alonso made individual mistakes to allow brighton chances but they have never been very good defenders. AC and Zouma were very collected and solid tho, sussed out tons of dangerous attacks.

It's early days but I fear with all the options that we have this season, Lampard will overthink things and start to tinker around too much with the system and player selection (yesterday's match was a good example of that). Really hope he will settle on a fixed system soon and play the players in their best position and not put square pegs in round holes. It is one thing wanting the team to be adaptable and flexible, it is another to tinker too much for the sake of it. Consistency is needed if we want to have success. Even Guardiola - except when he is playing in Europe - who has a reputation of changing things too much has always largely kept the same system, player selection etc domestically. Or look at Klopp at Liverpool. Consistent system, consistent team selection and they have reaped the rewards massively over the last 2-3 seasons. 

It's early days but I fear with all the options that we have this season, Lampard will overthink things and start to tinker around too much with the system and player selection (yesterday's match was a good example of that). Really hope he will settle on a fixed system soon and play the players in their best position and not put square pegs in round holes. It is one thing wanting the team to be adaptable and flexible, it is another to tinker too much for the sake of it. Consistency is needed if we want to have success. Even Guardiola - except when he is playing in Europe - who has a reputation of changing things too much has always largely kept the same system, player selection etc domestically. Or look at Klopp at Liverpool. Consistent system, consistent team selection and they have reaped the rewards massively over the last 2-3 seasons. 
Lampard has to rotate to make a big squad like that happy. I mean, look at Werner, Tammy and Giroud as a CFs lol. Way too much quality for one position.
Our midfield has too many players too, and Rice sadly might be coming, so more midfielders lol.
But Lampard chose that for himself

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Lampard has to rotate to make a big squad like that happy. I mean, look at Werner, Tammy and Giroud as a CFs lol. Way too much quality for one position.
Our midfield has too many players too, and Rice sadly might be coming, so more midfielders lol.

Rotating the players is fine, especially when needed. But when he starts to chop and change it for the sake of it or play players out of position (like yesterday), then there is where the problems may start. One can only hope he knows what he's doing and not just someone who talks a big game without knowing how to back it up...

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He didn't seen to mind making Giroo unhappy while he kept playing Bats. Or Leaving Jorgi on the bench

I think FL can have a heart of ice.

Didnt seem to mind jumping into a shitty shirt after we all thought he was going of to play in the States and only train at Shitty. That sight is burned into my retinas.

He didn't seen to mind making Giroo unhappy while he kept playing Bats. Or Leaving Jorgi on the bench
I think FL can have a heart of ice.
Didnt seem to mind jumping into a shitty shirt after we all thought he was going of to play in the States and only train at Shitty. That sight is burned into my retinas.
Batsman played 225 minutes in PL. I do not know how 225 minutes could have made Giroud unhappy. If giving a player 225 minutes in Pl is enough these days too make players unhappy, I mean they should not play at a big club to begin with

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Batsman played 225 minutes in PL. I do not know how 225 minutes could have made Giroud unhappy. If giving a player 225 minutes in Pl is enough these days too make players unhappy, I mean they should not play at a big club to begin with

Felt much longer!

Still not convinced he will be a good manager. We still make the same mistakes defensively, can´t play out of press and just rely on the individual quality of Pulisic to create something upfront. I am still figuring out if he wants Chelsea to be a counter attacking  or a possession based team, even after one year there isn´t just any system implemented.

That being said, his man management seems to be very bad. His phasing out of certain players without any reason set the team up with negative vibes. (Tomori, Giroud,Jorginho, CHO)

I hope he comes good at Chelsea, but I fear he won´t to be honest.